It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guard uses Taser on man holding newborn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Guard uses Taser on man holding newborn

news.yahoo.com

In a confrontation captured on videotape, a hospital security guard fired a stun gun to stop a defiant father from taking home his newborn, sending both man and child crashing to the floor. Now William Lewis says his baby girl suffers from head trauma because she was dropped.

"I've got to wonder what kind of moron would Tase an adult holding a baby," said George Kirkham, a former police officer and criminologist at Florida State University. "It doesn't take rocket science to realize the baby is going to fall."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
And yet another tasering.

This time an newborn infant is placed into harms way due to an insecurity guard.

Since when does a hospital, or it's staff, overrule a parents' wish?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This one is too gray right now.

I'm not that concerned about the infant. Babies bounce.

Child Protective Services has custody of the baby because of a history of domestic violence between Lewis and his wife, Jacqueline Gray.

Tasering was certainly too extreme, but how it appears right now is that Lewis was attempting to kidnap his daughter. The wife was not leaving with them. The couple were concerned about mistreatment, so he claims, and the wife did not leave with her newborn? I don't think so...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc

I'm not that concerned about the infant. Babies bounce.

Um pardon me..You got to be kidding... Babies do not bounce don't know who told you that.:shk:

apc

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
My former psycho roommate had a kid (it's why I let her live with me). That little wiggleworm rolled off the couch and jumped out of her highchair plenty of times (I came close to calling social services several times).

But yes... babies bounce. Quite well actually. It's all the cartilage I guess.

Considering how often babies are dropped, which any experienced pediatrician will tell you is pretty common, if they didn't bounce the majority of us would be brain damaged. ... oh wait... nevermind.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
i have been debating this one cause of course, people stick up for the lawmen.
the guy was not trying to kidnap his kid.
the man was holding the baby, AND the mother was with him and they both tried to leave...they were unhappy with the treatment they got..whatever.
the elevator would not activate cause of the babies arm band....the exited the elevator and thats when the off duty cops, the security guard went up to them...there was 2 guards and within 40 seconds, the one cop was tazing the guy.

now, the guy has a history of violence towards his wife...i don't condone that but to that i say so? that does not mean automatic guilt in all situations.

even if the guy was trying to 'kidnap' the baby, which he was not, the elevators were disabled. he and the mother were going nowhere.
the off duty fuzz could have called other guards. they could have called cops or all sorts of things if they were worried.

i can not get behind tazing a man when he is holding his kid.

imo, this is yet another example of the trigger happy type cop jerks.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
yeah, babies bounce...they also get head trauma....what a idiotic comment to make.

news.yahoo.com...

In a confrontation captured on videotape, a hospital security guard fired a stun gun to stop a defiant father from taking home his newborn, sending both man and child crashing to the floor.

^^^^not kidnapping

this criminologist is worried about the baby possibly NOT bouncing

"I've got to wonder what kind of moron would Tase an adult holding a baby," said George Kirkham, a former police officer and criminologist at Florida State University. "It doesn't take rocket science to realize the baby is going to fall."

did you read this next part?

Lewis, 30, said the April 13 episode began after he and his wife felt mistreated by staff at the Woman's Hospital of Texas and they decided to leave. Hospital employees told him doctors would not allow it, but Lewis picked up the baby and strode to a bank of elevators.

^^^they wanted to leave the hospital....whats the problem? didn't know you could be forced to stay against your will

It was not clear whether the baby received any electrical jolt.

^^^^^uh, yeah

Child Protective Services has custody of the baby because of a history of domestic violence between Lewis and his wife, Jacqueline Gray

^^^and this is why you possibly defend the cops? what kind of history? one incident? 25 incidents? what does that have to do with them wanting to take their child home?...

Within 40 seconds of arriving, Boling is holding the Taser.

^^^thats not a very long time for him to whip out the juice

"My wife said `we want to leave' and then he just Tasered me," Lewis said. "He caused me to drop the child."

^^^^WE want to leave

this is the best part though

In a statement, the hospital said Lewis was hostile and uncooperative toward staff members who were trying to find out his relationship to the infant when they saw him trying to leave. Neither Lewis or Gray had indicated they wanted a discharge, according to the statement.

"Mr. Lewis became verbally abusive by using vulgar expletives. When Mr. Lewis' behavior became threatening, endangering the infant and employees, licensed law enforcement officers followed their professional standards to protect those involved," the statement said.

^^^^^^i would have became verbally abusive too. what kind of behavior was putting th ebaby in jeopardy?
certainly tazing a man while holding the kid is putting the kid in danger.

i can't stand when people try to defend the fuzz in these instances.

top topics

join