It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how you found ats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
i've been wondering about how people have found ats whether its googling cryptozoology or friends i'd like to hear your story of your finding of ats

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I actually stumbled across ATS in 2003 while researching the 9/11 inside job theory, but I didn't register until 2004, when I got home from the USMC and took an interest in the ancient nuclear war theory. Ironically, I don't spend much time in the forums the originally made me register, and I've become more of a skeptic since I've been here.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I stumbled on ATS in 4th grade registered in the 5th didn't post until the 6th and still come here in the 7th grade, go figure :shk:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Back in 2003 I was doing some research on HAARP and Tesla, and I stumbled across an interesting post in one of the forums. I was just a spectator until this year, but then I had to give in.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I was hounded here. Seriously.

My ex's girlfriend is cyberstalking me. She's run me off three previous forums, by finding me on them, and printing out posts of mine to use against me in a custody battle. I had to abandon each site after asking to have my posts deleted.

Though the site before this one it was a combination of that, and the admins not applying rules fairly, and a really obnoxious troll who took delight in underhanded nastiness of a most covert and malicious variety.

So I was desperate. Forum life is big for me. It's where I go to have a social life, not having time or energy (or funds) for one IRL. I started Googling keywords like "off-topic discussion forum" and the like.

And I was linked to a page called, I think, Big Boards, and ATS was on it. Heretofore, I was on small sites with only a couple hundred members, if that. I was scared to go on a large board, and when I checked a few of them out, they were either boring, or the membership was mostly incognito or AWOL, or they wanted money for me to join.

I saw the ATS listing, said to myself, what do I know about conspiracies? And ended up on BTS somehow. Maybe I went there first, don't recall.

But I dove right in within an hour or two of finding it, after deciding to ditch my long-term user name (which is how I've been tracked by the nosy home wrecking shill my ex is exploiting now). It was a little different from the other forum layouts I'd been on, but it grew on me.

I was intimidated at first, and a little frustrated and disappointed (and, frankly, a little hurt) that my first posts were ignored. Then I found my niche, and a bunch of really great friends, and the support I need. I found a pleasant distraction where I can work out my own thoughts on things, and meet people from all over the place that I'd probably never have met without the internet.

I like it here, BTS most, but ATS is getting a hold in my mind, too. At least certain topics are. ATS is where I learned I'm a skeptic to the core, and BTS is where I go to have fun and relax.

Above Politics ... well, I try to avoid the place, but occasionally a topic will come up I just have to speak about. Usually though, it's a place better left to people who have energy to spare getting het up over politics. My life doesn't allow me the luxury to worry about things like that right now.

So, to new friends, and old ones, I'm glad I found the place.

Here's to Big Boards

And here's to everyone here.

[edit to clean up stupid spelling error because I'm exhausted and should really be asleep in bed]

[edit on 14-8-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

top topics

join