It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what's the point of moving objects with a will of thought?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
i don't really believe this, but let's say yes, it is possible, all people can move is pens and paper, so what's the point? why to try to learn? we can't lift tanks, hold planes in the air, what's the point in moving a pen or a piece of paper?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Just to annoy scientists.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Whats the point in anything then? Why don't you lie down in coffin and wait to die?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
i do believe it is possible, i've seen it done with matches... but thats neither here nor there...

if you can move something as small as matches or a pen or paper... if you excercise the ability enough gradually it will strenghten... as to moving tanks... you'd need a huge amount of natural mental power to do this... but you could probably get something as large as a basketball if you practiced heaps (and before you ask i havnt seen it done on anything this big). Its like if you can lift 10kgs now but if you keep doing it you may be able to lift 100kgs in a few years time

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by specialasianX]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Exactly.

so whats your point?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well, how do you know we can't lift tanks and airplanes? Moving pens is a start! Maybe one day we can build the likes of pyramids with only our minds. Let's not jump ahead of ourselves. Just because a few people around the world "may" move small objects, doesn't mean we can't move huge ones - without limit!

Just because the wright brothers built a piece of # that barely flies, but DOES fly, doesn't mean we didn't build passanger airliners and ultrasonic jets and rockets, does it! Everything starts one step at a time

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
Exactly.

so whats your point?

Picture this scenario...

Your watching an awesome movie or surfing the net and dont want to move from the spot... all of a sudden you realise your sober!!! Oh no!!! what do you do... you want beer but the fridge is at least 25 steps away... then it comes to you... use my mental powers and bring the beer to me!!!

if that doesnt convince people ofthe benefits i dont know what will...

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think the benefits are great (especially if you�re putting like that.
) I took it that you�re saying what�s the point of doing it at all.

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by kegs]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Just think of the respect you would earn if you could move things with thought.....

It would make a good party trick too

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberGhost
i don't really believe this, but let's say yes, it is possible, all people can move is pens and paper, so what's the point? why to try to learn? we can't lift tanks, hold planes in the air, what's the point in moving a pen or a piece of paper?

1. It would show that our understanding of Physics and Reality are not complete, and this would mean unlimited possibilities.

2. By showing the impossible to be possible, we can wipe out the limits we've set for ourselves as a species.

3. We're Lazy. Being able to write (or type) just by thinking, well... yeah. Cool.

4. Yes, you could amaze the yokels.

5. Fame and Fortune.

6. Boredom.

7. Why not?

And maybe one day, those we consider "mentally handicapped", will be those who cannot manipulate reality with their minds.

Why learn?
Because knowing is cooler/better/safer/more fun than not knowing.

What's the point?
You get to decide.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
i would learn to take a # and piss in mid air while sitting at the computer, and make it move it to the toilet with my mind. that's more time for abs.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It eliminates the pesky fingerprints on the pen sticking out of somebody's jugular vein.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
You wouldn't need a TV remote anymore, so no more scrabbling to find it.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   

what's the point in moving a pen or a piece of paper?
If you don't already know the answer to this, then you will never know. IMO, this type of question shouldn't even be asked as everything we do then becomes trivial and life the ultimate of superfluous tasks to be accomplished.

If there has to be some real use for telekenesis, then how about it being useful for physically handicapped people who cannot move objects otherwise? Or how about dangerous situations where you get trapped behind a door that can only be unlocked from the other side and nobody else is around to help you out? How about keeping yourself from hitting the ground from a hard fall? There are tons of applications for telekenesis to be of actual use rather than be a "cool trick".

And please, don't ask silly questions.

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
That's good heelstone. I'll go some steps further.

How about using telekinesis to destroy a cancerous tumor that is normally inoperable or apply telekinesis as a form of self-defense (e.g. knock a gun out someones hand & crush it).

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
He-LLO!

remote control? when its like allllll the way over there?

but seriously. a lot of good can come from telekinetic energy. but like you dont know how valuable something is until you lose it, you can't know how utile something is until you have it.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
How about just to prove that our concepts of reality, physics, and the interaction of matter and self are completely different than what's really going on in the Universe ???

When it's finally proven, and it will, it will redefine our concepts of thought, and physics... If you don't see the "use" in that, well.....

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates
i would learn to take a # and piss in mid air while sitting at the computer, and make it move it to the toilet with my mind. that's more time for abs.

Agreed!!! You're lazier than I am!!! Lol!!! Sometimes I wish I could do that while I'm in bed.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
or i would roll a blunt as it floated in front of me, then fly over a little flame from the fireplace to light it. not to mention no more getting up to pass that #!

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
you see, most of the reasons we want to learn it is because we are lazy! if you are not lazy to get up and take something it's useless

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join