It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Arctic Ocean Getting Warm; Seals Vanish and Icebergs Melt."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This was the title to an article from Nov. 2, 1922 edition of The Washington Post

Source

The 1922 article, obtained by Inside the Beltway, goes on to mention "great masses of ice have now been replaced by moraines of earth and stones," and "at many points well-known glaciers have entirely disappeared."

"This was one of several such articles I have found at the Library of Congress for the 1920s and 1930s," says Mr. Lockwood. "I had read of the just-released NASA estimates, that four of the 10 hottest years in the U.S. were actually in the 1930s, with 1934 the hottest of all."

It seems like global warming was also happening in the 1920's and 1930's, I believe these are natural cycles of the planet.

Although I believe mankind may be contributing to global warming, I don't think our contribution is as much as some people may believe. I think they are giving mankind tooo much credit.

[edit on 14/8/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
d00d the hottest years are not back in the 1920's-1930's.

They are nowadays....

If you're hearing different it is propaganda.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Well, here's another article saying 1934 was the hottset year in the U.S.

Agency Roasted after Toronto Blogger Spots `Hot Years' Data Fumble

In the United States, the calendar year 1998 ranked as the hottest of them all – until someone checked the math.

After a Toronto skeptic tipped NASA this month to one flaw in its climate calculations, the U.S. agency ordered a full data review.

Days later, it put out a revised list of all-time hottest years. The Dust Bowl year of 1934 now ranks as hottest ever in the U.S. – not 1998.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Actually the highest temperatures were back in the 1934 but it was a short peak after which we had the 30 year drop and now we have had a rebound back up to the same temperatures where they peaked back in the 1930. Where its been since the late 90s.

So unless DaRAGE is saying we shouldnt trust NASAs temperature data anymore and consider it propaganda I think Keyhole is correct on this matter. If you really do think NASA is full of it on the matter I think you might want to give something to back that claim up with.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think when one is talking about global warming in general, it's more accurate to refer to temperatures on a global scale as opposed to the USA only. I mean, it is called "global" warming, not US warming.

This article refers only to the US. What was hottest year(s) on record globally?

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archerette
This article refers only to the US. What was hottest year(s) on record globally?

Depends on the quality of data. Where would you expect to find the best most accurate data in the world?

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
d00d the hottest years are not back in the 1920's-1930's.

They are nowadays....

If you're hearing different it is propaganda.

d00d the hotest years are not now-a-days...

They were back millions of years ago, and even a few hundred years ago there were times which were hotter than now, such as the Roman Warm Period, and the Medieval Warm Period...

If you are hearing different it is propaganda by the environlunatics.

[edit on 14-8-2007 by Muaddib]

top topics

join