It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone got sick from old beer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So I just had a unfiltered wheat beer and had'nt checked the best by date, which is 8-6-07. I had one beer and started to feel sick, it wasn't long till I started vomiting.
I was just curious if anyone else had a similar experience, i've had regular American beer that was out of date but never got sick from it.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I can say I never got sick from old beer,
might it had been something you had ate before hand?

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I had ate some pizza several hours before hand, felt fine until I finished that first beer.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I wish I could get sick from old beer. I can't drink beer because I'm allergic to it.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Drinking a beer a couple days past the "Best By" date will not make you sick if the beer was properly bottled. If the seal was not tight or the bottle was not sterile, it is possible that a mold or some kind of bacteria grew in the beer.

A little aside on that "best By" label. When I worked at a vending company, the boss told the story that Frito-Lay cannot put the words "Expiration Date" on their labels anymore. Instead, they use guaranteed fresh. They put that on the front of the package with a date 6 weeks or less after it was packaged. You know full well those chips would be good for a year or more if left unopened. But with that "guaranteed fresh" date on there, people will look and say it is "expired", stores can't sell it and must by new, "fresher" products. I suspect the same is true for beers. They don't put "expiration date" on there because the beer does not go bad the day after the date.

Brilliant marketing or corporate greed at it's worst (think about how much food and packaging and delivery is wasted)? You decide.

(Of course, in a search, I could not find anything to back up the owners Frito Lay story. But look at the dates next time you are in a store.):bnghd:

top topics

join