It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSH: moon base by 2015

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I see on the news today that president Bush has said that man will return to the moon and make a permant base there, for those that belive that there are already structures on the moon and the government knows about it, do you believe they will incorporate those structures in their designs and say they built themselfs, What do you all think

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I think that the government will say that they integrated their structures with alien structures...this is of course after secret governments admit of the alien presence and the alliance with them.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
by reading other posts, like the apollo missions etc. it sounds to me there are aliens using them, you think the government knows that maybe they left them behind now

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I think it is a scam to get bush re-elected. and if he does and we do colonize the moon....may God have mercy on our souls.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Regardless of Pres Bush's motivation if he can give NASA the boost it needs financially we'll be playin Moon baseball in no time. Maybe in this case the end justifies the means...

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by groovyguru
Maybe in this case the end justifies the means...

Some people say that about the Nazi advancment of medical science, physics, areonautics, and economics.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
anyone want to respone to the actual questions i posed

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Well to think that we first step foot on the moon in 1969 and have not been back since 1972....well that's just a little odd don't you think?

Im sure our government has a hell of a base up there already...probably has a nuclear launch site there too

But I don't think they will ever tell us about that... it will just be like another area 51 etc...

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by littlegreenmen
Well to think that we first step foot on the moon in 1969 and have not been back since 1972....well that's just a little odd don't you think?

Im sure our government has a hell of a base up there already...probably has a nuclear launch site there too

But I don't think they will ever tell us about that... it will just be like another area 51 etc...

Oh there is a base up there, but it ain't manmade!

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
thats what i mean, if there is a base up there you think they are going to use it and tell us they built it, and what about those that did build it are they still there?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
How certain is it that there are bases (of whatever source) on the moon? What sort of evidence do we have? I'm not denying their existence, just asking for proof. It seems to me that an equally plausible explanation for the fact that we haven't been back since 1972 is that there's simply no reason to, in terms of cost/benefit.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
JUST LIKE I SAID BEFORE we need a space topic. because if right more and more space news will come if it comes trough the congress. and we also have Esa
and the Nasda, rusians (which want to cooperate with usa) India ect. Xprize is also space so. look how much info will follow. and how much plans and concept will come and how much prototypes.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminneman
How certain is it that there are bases (of whatever source) on the moon? What sort of evidence do we have? I'm not denying their existence, just asking for proof. It seems to me that an equally plausible explanation for the fact that we haven't been back since 1972 is that there's simply no reason to, in terms of cost/benefit.

Here's an intersting article claiming that astronauts saw bases on the moon.

www.subversiveelement.com...

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
With what money this shall happen? The money he told to give as extra to NASA is just enough for a bit fun with the shuttles but not at all for a new big project or even a base.

Scam as scam can be, it is like the chinese-type of power demonstration, much talking but nothing happens

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiegm
I think it is a scam to get bush re-elected. and if he does and we do colonize the moon....may God have mercy on our souls.

May god have mercy? What are you talking about? We will go to the moon. Nothing is wrong with that.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
let the russians help they have greate ideas and tech.
www.space.com...

and so it might cost less even as the russian space organisation has allmost no money but they always do great things with less money.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It really bothers me that Bush thinks that it's more important to spend $1 billion (which we don't have) on going back to the moon when we have state and local governments in fiscal crisis, educational systems with 40% less funding than they had several years ago, welfare and children's services underfunded and stretched so thinly that they can't help anyone anymore, and any number of other places that need that $1 billion more than NASA does.

Sure, science is important, but going to the moon is a luxury that the United States cannot afford at the moment.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminneman
when we have state and local governments in fiscal crisis, educational systems with 40% less funding than they had several years ago, welfare and children's services underfunded and stretched so thinly that they can't help anyone anymore

Bush doesn't care about that. Didn't you know.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I am repeating my question. With what money? Such mission require equity that they don't have at all, not only nearly. They are far away from having so much money.

The NASA historian Alex Roland told media it would need hundreds of billions to maintain and build a base on the moon and about hundred billion to send humans to Mars.
The current annual equity of NASA is 15 billion.

I don't want to blast the bubble for you guys, but setting up a forum, talking with wild theories and not asking if its really possible at all..maybe a bit overreacting or?

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Bush bit off more than he could chew by saying that, they're probably going to have to end up faking the whole damn thing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join