It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Wrestler Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Another Wrestler Dead

sports.yahoo.com

TAMPA, FLA. (AP) -- Former pro wrestling champion Brian "Crush" Adams died Monday after he was found unconscious in his home. He was 44.

He showed no visible signs of injury and foul play was not suspected, police spokeswoman Janelle McGregor said. Authorities were awaiting autopsy results from the medical examiner before proceeding with their investigation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
These deaths have to be related to steroid use. It's amazing how these people in such amazing shape die at such a young age!!

sports.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hikix, I would have to say that sporting muscles like that is anything but being in excellent shape. Iam sad to hear this, as I used to be a big wrestling fan years back, and Crush was one of my favs.If it is steriod use or abuse, this industry(wrestling entertainment) needs to be monitored much more carefully. I like wrestling, even though it's fake, but it's not worth lives lost.There is obviously no entertainment in that.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Amazing shape?? Please show me any proof that at the time of his death he was in "Amazing Shape"

Truth- The last time he actually wrestled (2001 I believe) he was not in what anyone would call amazing shape. He was actually over weight and looked like he had not spent too much time in a gym as of late.

I love how this is being pushed as another "wrestler death" when in fact the guy does not wrestle anymore and has not for about 6 years. I was once a dishwasher as a child, if I died today would it be fair to ignore anything else I have done and report it as "Dishwasher dies"?

I also LOVE the list of names that the news puts out when they talk about wrestler deaths. Take a close look at that list. The names included on the list include deaths by suicide, auto accidents, etc etc.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yeah, I heard about this on the radio this morning.

It seems that when these guys hit about forty years of age, their health begins to sour. Of course, being that large cannot be good for anyone's health, and no one, I don't care who you are, gets as big as these guys do naturally.

You don't just "put on twenty or thirty pounds" on the upper body, not without some kind of chemical help.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Yeah i suppose being overly muscled wouldn't be considered amazing shape. But these are athletes and the do have to be in good shape to do what they do.
So, i am just curious why so many of them drop dead so young. I guess its possible that all that muscle mass turns into fat and their bodies become even worse then regular people with desk jobs.

I think its irreverent that he hasn't wrestled in a few years. Is it revelant that a baseball player dies at 44 and retired at 38?

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
I think its irreverent that he hasn't wrestled in a few years. Is it revelant that a baseball player dies at 44 and retired at 38?

I would say yes it is relevant. Especially if you consider WHY the player died. So maybe all this conversation and debate is premature. Maybe we should find out why he died before we really make any statements at all.

The reason I go off about this subject is that on the "list" you always hear about on the media, the names on that list include car accidents, murder, suicide, long retired individuals and even natural causes. The "list" is completely misrepresented.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Yeah i suppose being overly muscled wouldn't be considered amazing shape. But these are athletes and the do have to be in good shape to do what they do.
So, i am just curious why so many of them drop dead so young. I guess its possible that all that muscle mass turns into fat and their bodies become even worse then regular people with desk jobs.

It probably has more to do with how they obtained the muscle than it does with the actual muscle.. You know, steroids and such

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
these guys are hardly in good shape. they have good looking physiques but thats about it...some of the lighter guys have more fitness but the heavier guys are all bulk

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Sacrifice the future for fame and fortune today.....

Nothing new, more visible with the massive amount of exposure from print to TV to web etc...

Would these fame seekers choose a different path if they had the knowledge of their impending burnout?

Quite possible, though I would think that some would still do what they do.

I doubt very seriously that everyone out there has the desire to grow old gracefully...

If these types have chosen their path, then they reap what they sow....

...If they were lured into this by those who wish to capitalize on their use of performance enhancing substances, then those folks need to found out and made to pay a price which would make it impossible to profit on the weaknesses of those who have a quest for fame.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Seemingly healthy people can die die with no apparent cause.Yet inside a myocardial infarction(sp)could have occured.The old hardening of the arteries stemming bloodflow to the heart is almost undetectable.Though larger peple may be more prone to this it can occur in anyone.

new topics

top topics

join