It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on "God"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Ok, bear with me on this one, 'cause it's a bit "out there" compared to most theories I've heard, but oddly enough, it makes the most sense to me:

Have you ever seen/played the game The Sims? I view this game as an infinitely more primitive version of our life...keep that fact in mind. Now, put yourself in the shoes of your sim. You live in this world in which you have no idea how it got created, or why. You just know that you need to go about your business and try not to die. Sound familiar? Now let me expand on that a bit and speak more about "God".

I believe our universe was created by an advanced being, however, I don't believe this being even knows we exist, or cares how our lives play out. I liken this being to a programmer of the game the sims as follows:

The programmer creates the sims, and without getting into the real nuts and bolts, it's eventually put on the shelves at the store, and you buy the game. You take it home, install it, and begin to play. You put your sim together and set him/her into the world. This is where my comparison of God and Programmer come into play...The person who programmed the game does not know you bought it. He/she does not know you've created a sim, and probably doesn't really care. Finally, the programmer has absolutely no say in how the sim lives out its life.

This is how I feel about "God"...my theory is that our universe was created by "God" (or the supreme programmer if you will
) and was set in motion by either him/her/it or another being entirely, and then just left to go about our business. So we live out our lives as we choose with no outside influence from a divine entity. Basically an extremely advanced version of the sims...I know how it sounds, but it really seems to make sense to me. This would explain why an all knowing/all loving God would allow small children to starve to death, and why war and hatred have run rampant on our planet throughout history. It's because (as I believe) there is no all knowing/all loving god. Just a programmer who doesn't know we exist, and probably doesn't care that we exist.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I really like this theory. I don't know why but I've always had a similair thought (just a thought... i'm not even sure if I believe in it). It also fits well in the theory that we were created in gods image (we like to play sims too ...lol and paint and programm and that kind of stuff).

Juliet

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yeah, that's pretty much all it is to me, a theory. I'm not going to go start the church of the sims. lol But there's essentially no proof of a divine being, yet everything had to be created from something, right? In the sims, the sim (if it were intelligent) would most likely ask the same questions...who knows, maybe the matrix is right on, and we're all just 1's and 0's. lol

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Jaruseleh, now the real question becomes, why do you believe this theory?

Secondly, the question again comes up, whom or what created this ‘God’ in the first place? Is there an infinite regressive loop of God’s who created God’s in the same fashion?

Although, it may be interesting and fun to speculate and let the imagination run wild, I don’t see any real reason to believe in your theory; neither do I think you should. It’s simply redundant, it serves absolutely no purpose. The question whether or not you actually believe this or you just enjoy entertaining the idea, strikes me as an important one, in this context. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaruseleh
Yeah, that's pretty much all it is to me, a theory. I'm not going to go start the church of the sims. lol But there's essentially no proof of a divine being, yet everything had to be created from something, right? In the sims, the sim (if it were intelligent) would most likely ask the same questions...who knows, maybe the matrix is right on, and we're all just 1's and 0's. lol

Really? I don't know, however I see this as anything but obvious. To me it is more problematic that everything had to have a creator/first cause (intelligent or otherwise) as this would mean you'd basically get an infinite succession of things creating other things.

If everything had to have a creator, then why does not this apply to “God” [as many people seem to assume]? God really explains nothing to me; it just adds an additional layer to the question. You could go on and on into eternity trying to find the first cause.

Personally, at the moment, I find it far more philosophically pleasing to believe that the universe [in some form or another] has always existed.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The theory has many holes.

For one, how did the programmers become born?

when?

if they are human, they they would of had to be born of a women before doing this.

It has to be God from the begginig, the now and the future.

Whoever it is, is the supreme being, life is to complex, he has to be sole, Just and full of goodness.

God cant be evil, theres no justice in it. Love is attractive, evil is scary.

You want God to be just, and not more evil than a family member.

If God created some humans that are harmless and good, how much more is God good and harmless?

You see what he created good, is part of him, but in him its alot more, infinite even.

God would not creat somebetter better or just than he, he just wouldnt, since he created the heart.

I believe its Christ, the Trinity is also implanted on our bodies, but this you will see after death.

peace.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerBeast
Jaruseleh, now the real question becomes, why do you believe this theory?

Secondly, the question again comes up, whom or what created this ‘God’ in the first place? Is there an infinite regressive loop of God’s who created God’s in the same fashion?

Although, it may be interesting and fun to speculate and let the imagination run wild, I don’t see any real reason to believe in your theory; neither do I think you should. It’s simply redundant, it serves absolutely no purpose. The question whether or not you actually believe this or you just enjoy entertaining the idea, strikes me as an important one, in this context. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

I'm merely entertaining the idea...I definately don't live my life around my theory or anything like that. Really, it's pretty much the same thing as Christianity, except the divine being has no influence what-so-ever. Christianity is also very reduntant...as in, what created God? The universe in general, no matter how you dice it up seems to be an infinite loop. No matter what created the universe, something had to create that right? Then who created the being, who created the being who created the universe, etc.....No, as I said, I won't be starting "The Church of the Sims" any time soon, it's really just an interesting twist on the theory that there's a divine creator.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

The theory has many holes.

For one, how did the programmers become born?

I'm assuming you're Christian? If not, forgive me. At any rate, how was God born? If your answer is "God has always been..." then I could use the same argument for the Programmer

when?

see above argument

if they are human, they they would of had to be born of a women before doing this.

I never said they/he/she/it was human...In fact, IF this theory were true, I'm about 99.99999% sure that the being would NOT be human.

It has to be God from the begginig, the now and the future.

Why?

Whoever it is, is the supreme being, life is to complex, he has to be sole, Just and full of goodness.

No he doesn't, see the original post. Why is it such a far stretch that "God" created something, then just let it run? For all we know, "God" could be a being of pure evil....albeit a creative one.

God cant be evil, theres no justice in it. Love is attractive, evil is scary.

First, I didn't say anything about anyone being Evil until this post, but again, see the argument above this one.

You want God to be just, and not more evil than a family member.

I agree, I would love to have a just, all loving God. There's just no evidence that there is a God, let alone one that is just and all loving. IF there is a god, as I've said, it seems much more likely that we've been created and left to run our history out on our own accord with no influence by him/her/it

If God created some humans that are harmless and good, how much more is God good and harmless?

I'm sorry, but this just makes no logical sense. There are plenty of harmful/evil people out there, so by your logic, how much MORE harmful/evil is God?

You see what he created good, is part of him, but in him its alot more, infinite even.

Again, this means God would also be infinitely evil since he created evil as well. These things are a direct contradiction, you can't be infinitely good AND infinitely evil. By your own logic, God can not exist in the context you speak of.

God would not creat somebetter better or just than he, he just wouldnt, since he created the heart.

Just out of curiosity, did he tell you this himself? Also, no one said he created anything "better" than himself. Not exactly sure why you brought this point up....

I believe its Christ, the Trinity is also implanted on our bodies, but this you will see after death.

That's the difference between you and I. You "Believe" in what you're speaking of, even though you have absolutely no idea whether or not it's true. My idea is just that...an idea. I don't let it dictate how I live my life, it's just an interesting topic to ponder, but in no way do I claim my theory is "gospel".

peace.

Ditto

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The programmer I believe is God.

What I mean about evil and good.

you have said it. Good loving is attractive. Evil is a condition of the soul without grace. pride is another form of goodness that is not actual love but selflove love.

So I believe God is all good and just, because it is attractive is love of a loving God.

Good cannot dwell with evil, and Gods grace cannot dwell with evil in himself.

so I believe without Gods grace we are evil.

" something you have no proof "

I have seen God work in my life by amazing miracles i cant even describe, Jesus produced miracles as well and I believe in him, not including the countless miracles of the saints.

But this is unprovable to you until you see my life at the judgement seat, and you will see why I believe.

Also about the trinity on our bodies, I made this post, its on page three or four, not saying you have to believe it, but just really think of the things in that post and compare them with our bodies.

peace.

new topics

top topics

join