It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Bio...Technological?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Wondering what new amazements of biotech are out now? I know I have been. Cancer? Nope, no cure. The common cold? Sadly, no. Well then what could all of those scientists and billions of dollars doing?

What if I told you mutant transgenic fish, remote-control pets, and two Nigerian dwarf goats that make the strongest natural material in the world? Shocked? Yeah, I was too. So lets take a look at all of the wonder...

First the wonderful mutant transgenic fish. None other than the zebrafish! It took scientists four years of breeding to create these glowing animals. Currently in red, yellow, and green, scientists plan on making more colors. Introducing Crayola Fish!
Article: Fish

Remote-control rats? Holy bad cheese Batman! Say it isn't so. Well, I am afraid it is. Physiologists at the State University of New York Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn have created remotely piloted rats. By stimulating the animal's pleasure center in the brain with electrodes, they can guide them through complex terrain up to 500 yards away.
Article: Rats

And last...what the heck are two goats doing with their own security at a concrete bunker on on the former Air Force base in Plattsburgh, New York? Why...being milked for silk of course! But the silk from these wonder goats is just 3 microns thick, and three times as tough as DuPont's bulletproof Kevlar material. By injecting the orb weaver spider's genes into the father of the goats, scientists are working with the government on this amazing material. Forget Roswell, this is what they are hiding.
Article: Goats

Go ahead, post a comment about one or all of these stories. You know you want to.

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

new topics

join