It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mattell Recalls 9 Million Toys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Mattell Recalls 9 Million Toys

www.cnn.com

BETHESDA, Maryland (CNN) -- Toymaker Mattel is voluntarily recalling 9 million of its toys including popular characters such as Batman, Barbie, Polly Pockets and a toy from Pixar's "Cars" movie because of hazards to children, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Tuesday
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
With all of the Chinese product troubles recently, it seems like QC is a problem. Maybe if we stopped being so dependant on their products and cheap labor, they wouldn't be an economic threat to us. Either way, this is not acceptable to have toys that are hazardous.

-Not like when I was a kid in the 80's, and everything was small, or sharp, or painted rather than dyed plastics.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Just a quick thought... If China was faced with losing billions upon billions of US consumer dollars per month, wouldn't they change their habits? IF I was screwing off at work and was threatened with lower pay, it would probably force me to stop.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Wow, by the lack of replies, it seems that Colbert's water fight is more important than children. Sad people, really sad. Obviously the "reality TV" mindset.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
wish we could just ban everything form that country this only the begin
of things going wrong not to mention there complete lack of standards

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I just wonder what to buy little ones this year for Christmas?

Maybe baking them something is going to be the wave of the future.

That's provided the chickens can provide good eggs anymore, the butter isnt contaminated and the flour isnt laced with arsenic.

What a world.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
boycott chinese products.
It isn't worth the risk to your pets, children and general health.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
If someone's going to tell me that Mattel hasn't known there was lead paint on those toys until now (conveniently of course), I would tell them to take their blinders off. This is another example of problem/reaction/solution. Allow the problem, use the ace in the hole (trying to hurt our kids) and blame China (for public opinion reasons of course), and then the solution of which we haven't seen yet. It's really that simple people.

Mattel is 100% at fault, but somehow they come off as the good guys for pulling the toys off shelves and saving the kids.

Peace

top topics

join