Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

ATS: Kennedy: Bush Broke Faith with Americans on Iraq

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Could "The Truth" be finally coming out of Washington? It seems as though the "bond" that was made between all players in Washington after 9-11 is coming loose.

First we had Paul O'Neills statements claiming that Mr. Bush had planned to invade Iraq before 9-11, now Sen. Edward Kennedy has said President Bush and his advisers capitalized on the fear created by the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and put "a spin on the truth to justify a war that could well become one of the worst blunders in more than two centuries of American foreign policy."

"If Congress and the American people knew the whole truth, America never would have gone to war," Kennedy said in a speech to the Center for American Progress.

Could a HUGE can of worms be opening up???

www.reuters.com

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm do like brash, honest, active drunks like Kennedy more than "breathtakingly arrogant" dry drunks convinced "they know what is in America's interest, but refuse to debate it honestly."

I'd buy Ted a scotch for that observation.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
It really feels good to be in the right on this subject, but yet the cost has been so dear that it comes as an empty "Told ya so".

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
i'm reminded of the paraphrase...

If one tells a (falsehood) Loud Enough
and Often Enough,

it becomes the truth.
~~
(S. TK, still must overcome Pez. Bush 60+% approval rate !!)

new topics

top topics

join