It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing, Jim Marrs and "The View From Marrs" Forum

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It is with great pleasure and anticipation of fantastic things to come, that we have the honor of announcing Jim Marrs' involvement with us here on AboveTopSecret.com.

There is a very short list of serious conspiracy theorists with the talent, intelligence, and style to capture the attention of both conspiracy aficionados and the average "Joe" alike. Not only is Mr. Marrs firmly on that list, he is arguably at the top, being perhaps the only pure conspiracy theorist, dealing in topics from alien cover ups to the JFK assassination, who is also a New York Times best-selling author.

His involvement here at AboveTopSecret.com represents a cornerstone of our longer-term plans to be the epicenter of the best and brightest conspiracy speculation and shatter the boundaries of "User Generated Content" online. While he is interacting with us here, he will also be writing an upcoming book about several interesting and important threads... your interaction will undoubtedly help shape the project... and after you read the book, you can return here to ask him about what he wrote.

Ground Rules

Mr. Marrs is the first to join us in a new class of members we're calling "Conspiracy Pros." These are people who's primary source of livelihood comes from their involvement in the topics we discuss here on ATS. As you can expect, these are busy people with several overlapping projects and they will not have the time to visit us every day. So with that in mind, there are some necessary ground rules:

1) Conspiracy Professionals Are Our Honored Guests:
We anticipate our members will interact with our professional collaborators in a manner that exemplifies the best attributes of ATS and "deny ignorance" and the intelligence of our membership. We reserve the right to remove questions or comments we feel are not up to the expectations of high standards within this forum.

2) Post-Count Limitations:
We've agonized over several ways to prevent a deluge of questions and threads, from accepting applications to random drawings... and none seem fair. As a result, we've settled on a revised requirement of 250 posts for ATS members to be able to participate in the "View From Marrs" forum.

3) New Question Limitations:
We've had several conversations with Mr. Marrs, and he's a genuinely gracious and very likable guy... if he sees 50 questions, he's going to try his best to answer all 50... and that's not fair to his other responsibilities. For now, we're going to limit new questions to an average of 10-12 per week. Over time, this may change as he falls into his "ATS rhythm," but we think it's a good place to start. This includes both new threads, and follow-up questions on existing threads. And please be focused and limit your questions to just one or two per post.

These are very basic guidelines for kicking this off. We expect that any ATS member with 500 or more posts will have the wherewithal to notice the pace of the discussions in this forum and hold off on new questions if you see 10 waiting for an answer. Both we and Mr. Marrs hope that we can eventually loosen these requirements, but for now, it's a starting point.

Before You Begin, Get The View From Marrs

There are several places where you can learn more about Jim Marrs before jumping in and getting his point of view on something, or getting clarification of something he wrote...

Jim Marrs on Wikipedia

Book: The Terror Conspiracy: Deception, 9/11 and the Loss of Liberty

Book: Rule by Secrecy: The Hidden History That Connects the Trilateral Commission, the Freemasons, and the Great Pyramids

Book: Alien Agenda: Investigating the Extraterrestrial Presence Among Us

Book: Crossfire: The Plot That Killed Kennedy

Boo k: Inside Job: Unmasking the 9/11 Conspiracies

Book: PSI Spies: The True Story of America's Psychic Warfare Program

Book: Las Sociedades Secretas / the Secret Societies

Book: War On Freedom

Dr. Mary's Monkey: How the Unsolved Murder of a Doctor, a Secret Laboratory in New Orleans and Cancer-Causing Monkey Viruses are Linked to Lee Harvey Oswald, ... Assassination and Emerging Global Epidemics (with Edward T. Haslam)

Article about Jim Marrs:
The Truth Is Way Out There

Thank you, and enjoy seeking the truth with our friend, Jim Marrs.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Welcome to our community Mr Marrs!

Simply amazing that our community is able to bring in such high profile names.

Looking forward to what you have to say on several issues.

Welcome!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Let me be first among the unwashed masses of the ATS members to welcome you to ATS Jim Marrs. Glad to have you aboard.

Having read some of your work, I am looking forward to hearing your ideas on many subjects.

Again, welcome.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Absolutely terrific news.

Kudos and thanks to those at ATS who made this happen, and a warm welcome Jim Marrs.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Welcome aboard. I'm looking forward to the discussions.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
ohhhh I'm just tingly all over.

This is another great accomplishment for ATS

Welcome aboard JM.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Oh boy. I can't wait until this gets going good. I'm looking forward to a lot of great insight.

It's like Christmas Eve when I was a child...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yes welcome jim, i think we will all will enjoy reading your posts, seeing as you seem to be a man into everything. Welcome again.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Welcome Jim,

Looking forward to you being available for questions and your input on this great website.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I can't wait for this. Mr. Marrs is in my top 4 (the other three being the late and much lamented Tupper Saussy and Robert Anton Wilson, and William Lyne).

This more than makes up for the aborted David Icke forum by magnitudes of.... a lot.

Just when I thought I could take a break, it draaaaags me back in.

Free, people. Free stuff here. Is that beyond cool, or what? Can I get a witness?

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Very hearty welcome Mr. Marrs. I look forward to your interaction with the members of this site. You are wealth of information that will be great to read and talk to.

Free, people. Free stuff here. Is that beyond cool, or what? Can I get a witness?

Amen Brotha!!! The undeniable awesomeness of this site just keeps amazing me day after day. And every single bit of it is FREEEEEE.

Life is good

[edited for Typo]

[edit on 14-8-2007 by S1LV3R4D0]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Alien Agenda is something that I can never forget and all of my friends who have followed my advice to purchase it!, This is fantastic news. Welcome Jim Marrs!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Welcome Sir. If time allows, after the "big" requests have been met, please expand on the genesis of the "Aurora Texas 1897 sightings and reports" work you brought forward. I'm as interested in the journalistic methodology and "leg-work" as much as the actual story, others may find this informative too. Sometimes the story of getting the story is "the" story. Welcome again! Cheers and cheers!

Vic

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Very much looking forward to your interaction with the members of this community.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Amen, yeahright!!

And welcome, Mr. Marrs!! I believe I got a glimpse of you just this AM on a program about the JFK assassination!!

I am looking forward to some great reading!!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Jim! I think its very important that we read Jim Marrs's material before we begin to ask him questions.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Welcome Mr. Marrs....

What an honor to have you join us here at ATS...

I am eagerly awaiting your interaction with our excellent members...

Again, Welcome...

Semper

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Not many people can pull off the hat look, but Mr. Marrs can. I hope I'm as suave at his age.

Welcome Jim.

Peace

[edit on 14-8-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Mr. Marrs

I'm looking forward to the discussions

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This is amazing!

I bid you a very hearty welcome to ATS, Jim.

I look forward to your unequaled contribution to this site!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join