It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just doesn't seem right.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The O.J. Simpson Book is now going to be published after all. A Bankrupcy judge awarded the rights to the book to the Goldman's family.

But does it seem odd that they would publish it just to get the money? Yeah, you could argue that it his OJ's confession and such, but still, it seems in bad taste to release this book just for the money.

I did read that a "portion" of the money will go to a foundation. But if you wanted to make a statement, you would defer all of the profits while pointing the "crazy" finger at OJ for writing such a piece of trash.

I don't know, I just found it shocking that they are releasing it after all the fuss. Now I see it was just about OJ not getting the money. :shk:

AAC

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I guess if you can't stop the publication of the book then maight as well take the money, but they would HAVE to donate ALL the procedes like you said. You're right on the money about the finger pointing

[edit on 14-8-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

But does it seem odd that they would publish it just to get the money? Yeah, you could argue that it his OJ's confession and such, but still, it seems in bad taste to release this book just for the money.

AAC,

Yeah I know what you mean about 'taste' - you can't naturally taste this sutff or see on the Hubble Lens, but it's still "there" to taste and understand to some degree. My strong drink is 'Grape Fruit Juice'. We have some in the fridge right now - wants some? :w:
But, unlike Worfs (Star Trek) is prune juice, his "Warrior Drink". LOL

Anyway,.....Great point AAC about 'taste'.

Peace,
Connie

[edit on 8/14/2007 by Jesus-Is-Real]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It makes you wonder. Do you want the book to be a huge hit so the Goldman family can get some money or do you want the book to be a total failure so that OJ (Simpson, not the drink) is yet again reminded that the country finds him to be a despicable person?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think that it's a no-win situation. I really don't see any justification is the sale of this book. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this one.

Sick, Sick, Sick.:shk:

top topics

join