It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Toothpaste for Hotels Is Recalled Worldwide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Chinese Toothpaste for Hotels Is Recalled Worldwide

www.latimes.com

Chinese toothpaste distributed in hotels worldwide by a U.S. company has been recalled because it may contain a chemical used in antifreeze, according to regulators.

Indianapolis-based Gilchrist & Soames voluntarily recalled the 0.65-ounce tubes of toothpaste after independent tests showed some samples contained diethylene glycol, or DEG, according to a statement posted today on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's Web site. Hotel guests who took the toothpaste home with them should throw it away, the company said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.canada.com
abclocal.go.com

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Will it ever end?

How many more tainted items can come from China before the government blocks Chinese imports.

My guess is that the economy would collapse should some much needed action take place...

How can this be stopped?

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Maybe thier slave labour would stop contaminating thier products if they were actually compensated properly for thier work. Seems simple, but then china wouldn't be able to compete as well in the market. If they(the workers) spoke out, they will be fired or killed. Sabatoge seems like thier only real recourse of action.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
In regards to the OP and a possible risk to the economy ,
I agree it would certainly be a factor. However people must consider that the obvious outweighs the risk involved.

Something clearly has to be done and done soon. As it stands now , the steady influx of inferior and contaminated products from China has no end in sight!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
i was just thinking the same thing. so far we have dead pets, possibly lead poisoned children, and now death by antifreeze toothpaste?

i'm waiting for a "Chinese Toothpaste Tycoon Commits Suicide" headline.

i saw my toddler chewing on a ball the other day. it's green and has lady bugs painted on it. sure enough it was made in china and i have reservations abuot letting him play with it now. god knows if they were conscious of whether or not the paint had lead or other chemicals in it.

[edit for more content]

[edit on 14-8-2007 by an0maly33]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Don't forget the antifreeze laced cough syrups which claimed hundreds of lives in Central America recently, I was trying to find out about a possible boycott but dropped the ball as I had to tend to other things around the house.

I did see a report on the local news attempting to see how much product we have actually has ties to China and it was around 80% of the goods.

Staggering to say the least, which is why I think it would have a huge economic effect should the right thing be done.

My suggestion is to try and avoid buying, (as much as possible), any products from China, you would be surprised how much of the products we use have benn made, processed, or contains ingredients from the country.

I don't blame the Chinese people...

I blame the government, both Chinese and in my case the US for allowing these tainted and toxic products to reach the shelves of our local stores.

Once again, money and profits outweigh the safety of the consumers.

join