It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam and Eve; AKA(The Deciever And The Unforgiver)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What if in the begginning God created the heavens and the earth was followed by what noone could expect next ?

What if, men and woman became enemies? Well, to a point anyways; the woman of course would be alittle more vindictive than the man or possibly the man was the one that was vindictive from the woman being so coniving and deceiving him into eating the forbidden fruit.

If this was true would there have been possibly a hold up of woman in the Amazon, with the snakes?

Hence the reason why men could never get to certain deceivers;(Woman)? Because, the snakes or what not; were protecting them?

What if men and woman would get together a certain time each year to basically reap the benefits of being sexually active. HAVE KIDS !!! Some what like most animals do ? Are we not animals ourselves ???

You know language is one of Humans greatest achievments or at least that is what we say. However I see it as one of the races greatest downfalls, in an attempt to try to say communicate through words what we as individuals feel. I say all of that to lead to this; "Popping the Cherry", why would anyone ever coin such a phrase ?It is a slap in the face to all virgin females!

If you were a Man and you were a part of an army that went around killing things. My guess is that you would be a warmongerer and would be blood thirsty 24/7. What if the warlords of the day would not take anything but virgins, simply because they liked the blood ??

Anyways some of this is very far fetched and some of it was thought out very in depth ... I am not one to post half of my thoughts and this was kinda, brainstormed by a couple of people and just sketched down ... I basically want to DEBUNK this whole idea ... but didn't know where to Start any help would be great.

[edit on 14-8-2007 by Deus_Brandon]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Delilah and Sampson, Lott and his wife that looked back as I am sure there are numerous others to prove a theory .... WOMAN are of the devil ? HAHAHAHAH ... just want some action on this thread thought this may stir someones thinking up ... HAHAHASure would my Fiance'!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Before Eve there was Lilith...

One story is that God created Adam and Lilith as twins joined together at the back. She demanded equality with Adam, failing to achieve it, she left him in anger. This is sometimes accompanied by a Muslim legend that after leaving Adam Lilith slept with Satan, thus creating the demonic Djinn.

In another version of the myth of Lilith, she was Adam's first wife before Eve. Adam married her because he became tired of coupling with animals, a common Middle-Eastern herdsmen practice, though the Old Testament declared it a sin (Deuteronomy 27:21). Adam tried to make Lilith lie beneath him during sexual intercourse. Lilith would not meet this demand of male dominance. She cursed Adam and hurried to her home by the Red Sea.

Adam complained to God who then sent three angels, Sanvi, Sansanvi and Semangelaf, to bring Lilith back to Eden. Lilith rebuffed the angels by cursing them. While by the Red Sea Lilith became a lover to demons and producing 100 babies a day. The angels said that God would take these demon children away from her unless she returned to Adam. When she did not return, she was punished accordingly. And, God also gave Adam the docile Eve.

According to some Lilith's fecundity and sexual preferences showed she was a Great Mother of settled agricultural tribes, who resisted the invasions of the nomadic herdsmen, represented by Adam. It is felt the early Hebrews disliked the Great Mother who drank the blood of Abel, the herdsman, after being slain by the elder god of agriculture and smithcraft, Cain (Genesis 4:11). Lilith's Red Sea is but another version of Kali Ma's Ocean of Blood, which gave birth to all things but needed periodic sacrificial replenishment.

Source

IF there's something to this, then one must include all the family members...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHA ... this is what I like .... Information ... Wicked Awesome ... AND KUDOS !!!

I guess what I am truly trying to get to is ... is it possible that woman could be of the Devil ? And be here to totally put a downfall on Men. Or at least some woman ... Maybe the WRONG woman .... LoL ... Anyone here ever have a woman be the DEVIL ??? I know I have ..But then there is my momma too .... LoL .. Which is abotu the opposite of that as you can get.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
HAHAHAHAHAHA ... this is what I like .... Information ... Wicked Awesome ... AND KUDOS !!!

I guess what I am truly trying to get to is ... is it possible that woman could be of the Devil ? And be here to totally put a downfall on Men. Or at least some woman ... Maybe the WRONG woman .... LoL ... Anyone here ever have a woman be the DEVIL ??? I know I have ..But then there is my momma too .... LoL .. Which is abotu the opposite of that as you can get.

Ummm....It sounds like you are a little bitter about women in general...Man is a deceiver as much as a woman is. Yes, Eve was deceived by Satan in the garden but remember, Adam had no problem partaking of the fruit either.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Here is the question:

What do you know who the Devil is? Who told you about the Devil? Pope? Christians? Catholics? Why are they so ageist him, and yet they do acts more evil then what so called devil does, are they the Devil?

Which is worst: Devil telling "Eve" have more knowledge... or
Priests molesting kids and then buying off the parents with
money you earned?

Now: Why is it so wrong for a woman not to want Adam? What if she didn’t like him? Should she be forced? Is that better? plus he wanted her to submit to him? what a ego.

Why is it sooooo wrong to know the difference between good and evil? Would you not tell you kid the difference? If you believe “Adam" and "Eve" should NOT taken the “fruit" then you should also not teach your kids as well.
If good and evil exited before Adam and Eve then they should had the right to know, SO that they don’t get tricked by others, such as you call the Devil! But so call good God of ours decided to not tell us and then blame us for not knowing, or obeying, if a kid does something you told them not to, did you put them in hell, like we are today? I am for the fruit of knowledge, so call me the daughter of the Devil any time,

Something to think about.

[edit on 14-8-2007 by VolimteKW]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
you should read your bible a little bit closer, and check out who decieved whom first...
god tells adam not to eat of the fruit..lest he die...what does he tell eve??

and, well....technically, it was adam who was told not to eat of it, God never said squat to eve...who knows, maybe it was okay for eve to eat of it, God just didn't want adam to....

but, well.....if you want my opinion, this story is one of the first examples of propaganda that exists....designed to take the power from the Goddess and deliver it to the God.....from the female, to the male...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Dawnstar

It doesn’t matter how the stories goes , you or I will never know for sure, you don’t know, as much as I don’t, so your point is as good as mine, however, it was just something to think about.

I do agree on propaganda

[edit on 14-8-2007 by VolimteKW]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
and, well....technically, it was adam who was told not to eat of it, God never said squat to eve...who knows, maybe it was okay for eve to eat of it, God just didn't want adam to....

Eve was told of the consequences according tot he story.

Seriously though, some religious texts tend to seem a bit overtly sexist.

It's terrible in my mind to blame all women based on an ancient fairytale that was more than likely gifted from an actual event. The whole concept of original sin is such a blatant example of the hypocritical nature of a "forgiving" God. It sadly has people rushing to baptize their premature babies lest they die and go into purgatory forever. I mean really...does that make any sense at all?

I say this: Why not eat from tree of knowledge of good and evil?

In my mind in this telling of the story I think Eve was right to bite...and she probably saved Adam's oblivious life in telling him to do the same.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Get help

What if, men and woman became enemies?... the woman of course would be alittle more vindictive... the woman being so coniving and deceiving... men could never get to certain deceivers;(Woman)? Because, the snakes or what not; were protecting them?

If you were a Man and you were a part of an army that went around killing things. My guess is that you would be a warmongerer and would be blood thirsty 24/7.

You have a serious problem. Get medical help.

The other posters on this thread should be ashamed of themselves for encouraging you.

Where are the moderators?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I do believe that Eve was never told the consequences by God, it was Adam that told her, and well......think of it as a lie, or stretching the truth, whatever, but she wasn't told the truth. Adam was told not to EAT of the fruit, lest he die, he turned around and told her not to eat, or even TOUCH the fruit....
the danged fruit is all over the ground, and they were bare footed, can't help but walk on the crap...the birds are up in the tree nesting, they are touching it, maybe it was obvious to her that what adam told her was a lie!!!

doesn't matter really, since well......man was designate as the protector, it was adam that was set to "rule" the garden, and well......between him and God, you'd think one of the two could have made sure the serpent was kept out of the garden....they allowed him in. why?? maybe because the plan was that man should be a little more than just another animal roaming around running on instinct?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Hmmm ... Interesting concepts here. God, had to give Adam "freewill" that of which none of you actually understand the concept .. Obviously otherwise your eyes would be opened and realize that if God wouldn't have ever tested this "FREEWILL" then it would have never been "FREEWILL" in the first place. Of course god could have kept the animals out of the garden. He could have put a fence so high and so deep no human could ever get in. He could have done many things, but they all would go against "FREEWILL" ... Some of you are so blinded by hyour parents or the blinders that some of you have learned to live with and thing that it is life but truly and really you guys are Living a LIE ... Whether it be you countries fought or whoever ... The true blame is upon yourself yet, we just like pointing FINGERS .... So .... I am pointing at all of you ... and there are still 4 fingers pointing back at myself. And for all of you that said shame on me ... and I am sick and I need help ... Hahaha ... Where are the Mods at for those type post ....

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I appreciate the twist on the old stories you have provided.

May not be entirely accurate, but definitely food for thought.

At times great truths are mingled in outrageous stories.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Just wanted to point out that it was a serpent, not the devil, that got Eve to eat the fruit. And the serpent didn't lie. God lied, Adam lied, Eve lied, but the serpent was the only honest one of the bunch.

No flaming please, I can provide quotes if necessary.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Just wanted to point out that it was a serpent, not the devil, that got Eve to eat the fruit. And the serpent didn't lie. God lied, Adam lied, Eve lied, but the serpent was the only honest one of the bunch.

That is true...The Serpent was pretty keen, and apparently was the only one of the bunch that saw the truth. Pretty interesting...I think God was more unforgiving...If he was Omnipotent and the rest. Shouldn't he have known that they would eat from the fruit and thus would have cast them out a long time ago?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Would love you to provide quotes any where in the bible where God has lied ... Would love to see this ... (FLAME) (FLAME) lol ... Probably the only book in the world that has not been proven wrong. Or hasn't been rewritten with additions .... Well accept the fact that the New Testament was not always there ... But if you can understand why Jesus came and died, then you would understand why thier had to be a new testament ... I find it so funny that god made us so that we could Evolve ... And by saying such I mean .. We are not killing each other in massive wars anymore .. and we are not taking craps in our huts where we live ... or Just having everyone go crap in the nearest river ... Which would raise some of the laws such as not eating swine or Bottom dwelling fish.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You know god knows everything even the choices that we are goign to make because he is omnipotent. Something that a human could actually never even begin to understand. We find Quantum to much ... Much less Omnicience. Besides I wouldn't want a GOD that I could understand anyways. If I could comprehend it then whe wouldn't be god then would he. Or maybe you wanna worship something you can understand in taht case go get alot of money ... Build a fire with it and when it's finished burning you will know alittle more about what I am talking about lol ...

That is true...The Serpent was pretty keen, and apparently was the only one of the bunch that saw the truth. Pretty interesting...I think God was more unforgiving...If he was Omnipotent and the rest. Shouldn't he have known that they would eat from the fruit and thus would have cast them out a long time ago?

[edit on 15-8-2007 by Deus_Brandon]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think Adam was a bit of a wimp not picking the fruit from the tree himself. Thank goodness Eve was a spunky kind of chick who could do his thinking for him.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
That is exactly what the world would want you to think. He couldn't think for himself to buy these drugs or take these prescriptions. So you now need Doctors to tell you what you need. Just go tell any Pysch what you FEEL like is wrong with you .. And POOF they have a miracle cure eve changing the way you feel. WoW .. Amazing what Opiates can do ... I just hope that god doesn't allow us to really understand the human brain anymore than we already do ... if so it could lead to true loss of human Freewill ... But not because of God but because of other humans making choices for us .. as if this hasn't already happned over time. It's just if they can control your brain it wouldn't be through good speeches and Crude acts of Passion that would lead to other things ... EXAMPLE : WTC bombings.

Originally posted by wigit
I think Adam was a bit of a wimp not picking the fruit from the tree himself. Thank goodness Eve was a spunky kind of chick who could do his thinking for him.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Would love you to provide quotes any where in the bible where God has lied ... Would love to see this ... (FLAME) (FLAME) lol

As requested:

BibleGateway.com
15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

Well, I'll be... Would you look at that? God told Adam if he ate from the tree of knowledge he would surely die. Isn't that something. Let's see what else we can learn.

2 The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.' "

What's this? Eve says that you can't even touch it or you'll die. So far we've gone from God saying that eating it will kill you, now Eve adds in touching it will kill you too.. Wonder what the serpent has to say.

4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

Darn that serpent. How dare he contradict God and say that the fruit won't kill Adam and Eve. Wonder how the story ends...

6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

21 The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." 23 So the LORD God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken.

No death? Maybe it's just me, but the way I read that God said they'd die if they ate it, Eve said they'd die if the ate it or touched it, and the serpent said they wouldn't die they would just learn the difference between good and evil. And lo and behold, they didn't die they were cast out. And before the objection is even made, no they were not going to live forever before they ate from the tree of knowledge. They hadn't eaten from the tree of life, and thus would have died eventually anyway.

*Edited to add:* This is from the New International version, but it says the same in all of them. You're more than welcome to go to the site and read it in a different version if you like.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by Jenna]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join