It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help create an AboveTopSecret city! (An online game)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
A tech site I visit turned me onto this cool site from France. It's like an online 'SimCity'. Apparently some of US sites are jumping onboard. Kind of like a pissing contest, so I thought it would be cool to try here. If it really catches on, we'll be ahead of the others. If not, hey, I think it's cool. Why does this site do this? I don't know. I can't read French.

It's like an online Simcity. With each unique click, the population grows and then the city does too. More people who click every day, make a bigger city, with better improvements.

ATS City

I tried to create an 'ABOVETOPSECRET' city, but cities can only be 13 characters long, but I picked the French Riviera!

Here's an example of a successful city:
PIC

Apparently, from what I have gathered from the tech forum I visit, these clicks go certain ways:

1. Population - Increases population.
2. Industries - Creates industries.
3. Transportation - Creates/improves city transportation.
4. Security - Increases/improves city security.
5. Environment - Creates a better environment.
6. Commerce - Creates commerce.

Maybe some French speaking members could help us out? Because, like SimCity, when you have something, it creates a need for something else.

The other site is disorganized, but if we break into teams, clicking what is needed... the trick is finding someone who speaks French to tell us what is needed!

I have a new job which sucks the time I used to spend on ATS, and I miss being a part of the community. My new job blocks ATS at work, and I am too drained at the end of the day to add anything intelligent to the conversation. So I thought this might be fun, and I would feel a apart of the gang again.

If not, that's cool. It wouldn't be the first time an idea of mine wasn't met with critical praise, but at least I'm still out here sluggin' away!

[edit on 14-8-2007 by curme]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
We have a population of 11 and a big building!

Ok, apparently I grossly under-estimated the interest in this. Oh well, it happens sometimes.

join