It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sinister Agenda behind Aboriginal Child Protection

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
Cant believe I missed this thread. Quite simply the best researched thread on Australian issues I've seen on the web this year, let-alone ATS. Outstanding job Thurisaz, and quite on the mark.

Thank you! Praise is always welcome

It was so obvious, and depressing, I didn't even bother reading up on it.

I really believe that depression is an undercurrent, especially with the Indigenous Groups. When you consider the various Phases of Government, some refer to this phase as the Depressionist Phase. I can very well understand and sympathise.

cheers

The former director of the Mutitjulu Health Clinic has condemned the Commonwealth's intervention into Aboriginal communities in the Northern Territory.

Bob Randall says the Commonwealth is punishing all Indigenous people for the crimes that only a few are committing by quarantining welfare payments and placing restrictions on Aboriginal communities source

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
May I ask a question. How many of you have actually visited some of the communities in the NT?

How many of you have listened to the women and children who are being abused on a regular basis? Many are crying out for help and have been for years and we turn our faces - we are mute.

You can build conspiracy, manipulation and government agenda into almost anything if you try hard enough.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake
May I ask a question. How many of you have actually visited some of the communities in the NT?

My first Degree is Aboriginal Studies, Minor Politics and Major Law

I have been to many Indigenous Communities. I also have many many Indigenous Friends. You see, I am their Sister
AND very proud and privileged to be considered as a Sister and part of their family.

One day I was out with one of my Friends and her Family. She invited me to one Family ceremony. In all the time I have known her, I never asked but was invited. We ate Kangaroo Tail and I got to see and feel so much love there.

Everyone was singing all night. Her own Sisters called me Sister and have done so since.

I also dated for a while a young man who was Indigenous and I tell you what. He would take me to visit all his relations and OMG, there were so many. I was like, "another Cousin, another Brother" Everywhere we went.
And even though I was not Indigenous, I was welcome and embraced.

I also lost one of my Best Friends last year. He had achieved much in his 33 years. Started working for a Government Dept and ended up in Canberra, National Office. It was such a great loss.

One time, we caught up when he came to Adelaide, I laughed so much when he told me what he had done. He went into a Government Dept very casual and asked for assistance. The following day, he went back there with his ID Tag and just smiled at the same person who had dismissed him and treated him badly. Don't you just love that?

I would love to place his picture in my home. I would love to say his name but if you know of their spiritual beliefs you would not do so.

The respect shown to Elders is important. My Friends Mum, if I see her out, even if she doesn't see me, I walk over and greet her and say Hello Mrs XXXX

That is respect.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by Thurisaz]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake
You can build conspiracy, manipulation and government agenda into almost anything if you try hard enough.

Yes YOU can.

eg: A little while ago, you claimed Martin Bryant - Port Arthur was a Conspiracy. Even though, I stated my own Brother worked in the very same facility that Martin Bryant was held, those with the conspiracy agenda dismissed it.

Is this not a mirror of your own assertion?

[edit on 1-12-2007 by Thurisaz]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I am really not sure where this piece is going to be honest.

That said, I am very pleased that you have been given the privilege of sharing so much with your ‘sisters’, 'brothers' and their families. I also have had the experience of living at close quarters with our indigenous family. I lived in the country as a child before my family moved to the city and we had many indigenous families living and working on our land. I have also travelled widely and meet people in many parts of this wide land of ours.

I have also had experience of listening to the women and the children who have been abused. It is this that I refer to.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Any one who has read the facts surrounding Port Arthur would question both the story and the process. There are many unanswered questions. We have a right to have those questions answered.

I do not recall dismissing you. I just failed to respond because although your brother worked in the same facility I am not sure that makes him an expert on the events of the day in question. Big difference.

Perhaps the reflection in the mirror is for you also!

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
In response to GPS777

www.abovetopsecret.com...

re: The Rape of Indigenous 10 year old girl.

Thank you for your comments.

I would like to point out that this incident happened over two years ago in Aurukan, Cape York, Queensland, not in the Northern Territory.

AS the nation struggles to confront the horrors of child sex abuse on indigenous communities it is almost beyond belief that nine people can plead guilty to having sex with a 10-year-old girl but no one is sent to prison. Instead, Queensland District Court judge Sarah Bradley appears to have treated the gang rape as if it were nothing extraordinary. Even a repeat sex offender who admitted taking part in the incident was let off with a suspended sentence.

source

Appalling isn't it?

The nine rapists were not arrested due to the intervention of the Government. The victim and family instituted legal action and rightly so.

I, like the majority of Australian's are absolutely speechless over this ruling.

What a obscene travesty of justice!

[edit on 11-12-2007 by Thurisaz]

KTK

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
You have excellent research skills, have you come across why this has come out 2 years after the fact? Where did the initial leak came from? It seems very politically motivated but from where is what I would like to know.

I read an articile in the courier mail yesterday about some of the judges previous decisions that were just as appaling, I cant find it on the net though yet. I cant believe the girl was in foster care after being raped on the camp at a younger age, only to be sent back.If she was white there would be a different scenario.

The initial inaction and care factor says to me is that the people of Arrakun are not sitting on uranium or a proposed transport corridor for a mine......Yet

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
yeah yeah an old thread and also controversial but I am again furious over a latest article I have read.

www.perthnow.com.au...

shame on our Govt of yesterday and today...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Here's a suggestion: let's try to explain to Aboriginal people that sexually abusing their children is wrong (apparently 30,000 years of stone age culture wasn't long enough to work this out for themselves) and take abused children into care for their own protection.

Is it just me, or do other people think that's probably a good idea?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join