It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Doesn't Notice He Severed His Leg.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Man Doesn't Notice He Severed His Leg.

www.cnn.com

TOKYO, Japan (Reuters) -- A Japanese biker failed to notice his leg had been severed below the knee when he hit a safety barrier, and rode on for 2 km (1.2 miles), leaving a friend to pick up the missing limb.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[Edited for spelling.]

[edit on 14-8-2007 by TheBorg]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
This is just strange. How could he not have noticed that his leg had gone missing? Didn't he have to get up and go get on his bike to begin with? How does this kind of thing happen? I didn't know that adrenaline was that powerful.

TheBorg

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-8-2007 by TheBorg]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
If the brain doesn't realize he is missing part of his leg, then he will not feel pain and carry on just as if his leg was still there and everything was peachy.

It has happened to me before too. I was a kid playing around with my uncles jack knife. Don't ask why. And I accidentally cut my finger pretty deep. I didn't realize I cut myself until I looked down at my finger and didn't even feel any pain until I looked at it.

The same sort of thing probably happened to this guy. The circumstances were just a bit more extreme.

Edit:

My bad He did feel excruciating pain, but I stand by my point that his brain probably thought his leg was still there.

[edit on 8-14-2007 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Good post, thanks for the info, but This has to be a bs story. The guy had to know his leg was gone as he was pedaling, and when he got up from his accident. I wonder what the mind control message we are suppose to be taking from Catan news network?

CX

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Wow thats pretty amazing.

You'd have thought he'd have realised something was amiss when he could'nt change up out of first gear!

I've seen similar acts during combat, soldiers carrying on unaware that they are badly inured. I even ran down to see if my mates were alright after a mortar attack, only to find out when i got there that i had shrapnel in my ankle and a piece of doorframe with a nail in it sticking in my head!

Funnily enough, once i was aware of it, the pain hit me like a truck.

CX.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I don't think he crashed, more like his right leg snagged the barrier as he was leaning into a curve. Just read about it in a norwegian newspaper a few hours ago, and thought it was just too weird.

Losing a leg like that usually means you bleed to death within minutes, but I've seem reports of people surviving similar accidents, so I guess it's plausible. I have some friends who ride bikes, and they have told me about similar accidents, only the riders didn't survive.

Anyways, sucks to lose a leg, but I think he can consider himself lucky!

new topics

top topics

join