It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not really the year 2004?!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yeah so I heard somewhere from another conspiracy-loving friend that we're not really in the year 2004 but somewhere in the 1700s or something because the Church faked like 200 years.

Now, I'm not really sure where to go with this, since there is active history dating back quite a long time, but I do admit there is a time period shortly after 30-something-AD that's missing.

I'm no expert on this, but it would be interesting to see if there's any truth to this hypothesis at all?

Any thoughts on the matter?

(PS- Oh and hi
My first real post on ATS
)

EDIT- Changed "2003" to "2004"... my bad

[Edited on 1-14-2004 by Hawk]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
...but I'm more inclined to the empirical observation this is like the second or third time it's been 2004. We're in a loop.

Are you from the past and it's really still 2003?

Wherever you're from, welcome.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
...but im more inclined to say, what does it matter anyway? if we havent changed it by now, then id say any loop were in is pretty inescapable. flee your posts, die as you see fit.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Why would they hide 200 years? Something bad musta happened.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
...but I'm more inclined to the empirical observation this is like the second or third time it's been 2004. We're in a loop.

Are you from the past and it's really still 2003?

Wherever you're from, welcome.

Sorry, I'm so used to it being 2003 that I can't believe it's 2004!

Or, more appropriately: I can't believe it's not 2003!

Yeah I wrote a check the other day and put 2003 on it. Boy I feel stupid.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well, for those saying it doesn't matter, it does but in only one possible way I can think of...

for those that believe nostradomaus predictions, that would explain why his end of the world predictions have not yet come true.

That's the only reason I can think of so now ill go on laughing about this.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I dunno about 200 years but i think that christ was actually born in 4BC (or was it AD) either way its not changing now so we may as well accept its 2004

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Huh, what makes you think 200 years are missing, says who!, they have changed the calender a couple of times so where probly in our 10000 year or something like that, buta missing 200 years

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
In Chinese terms it's the year 4701.

In Egyptian terms we're in the seventh millennium.

Time is irrelevant.

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by kegs]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
there were 400 years that got wet,SO they put them in the dryer...only 200 came back out...

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Never heard of that before. All that matters is that we are still alive and most of us are still in one piece.

I can't think of any reason why the church put us front of 200 years.

But I heard that Jesus was born in 4 A.D., so we are in front of 4 years.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot
there were 400 years that got wet,SO they put them in the dryer...only 200 came back out...

haha

Sounds like the mikes hard lemonade thing on their bottle. Maybe mike created time

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Our calendar starts from the year in which we in generaly conceive Christ was born. This is the Gregorian calendar. There have been many, many different types of calendar before that. July is named after Julius Caesar, August after Augustus Caesar, a few are named after pagan Gods. I'm too pissed to remember the details right now.

But� I do know that time as we know it, as a man made concept that we commonly see it, is irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs

But� I do know that time as we know it, as a man made concept that we commonly see it, is irrelevant.

Aye, and the only reason it would be relevant is in so-called predictions and stuff.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Never heard of that before. All that matters is that we are still alive and most of us are still in one piece.

I can't think of any reason why the church put us front of 200 years.

But I heard that Jesus was born in 4 A.D., so we are in front of 4 years.

so really if thats the case thisis the year 2000... not that it mattershappy new millenium people

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
sorry, drunk.

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by kegs]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
the only reason time is important is to keep you aware of when to wake up for work and other things you dont want to do. i was thinking about this the other day, time being a man made concept and just a way to record events. in the end i dont think it matters what year it is or what calendar is used. on a large scale time dosent matter the universe dosent know how old it is and probably wouldnt care, it just is.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
So, would it satisfy you if someone told you for definite what year it is? I'm betting no, so what's the difference?

Time is just the thing you use to tell how long you've been alive.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
In Chinese terms it's the year 4701.

In Egyptian terms we're in the seventh millennium.

Time is irrelevant.

Thank you for sheading some light on the situtation. Time is irrelevant. It is used for control.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It's 5764 if you are Hebrew.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join