It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Videos please DEBUNK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Can someone debunk this two video that I think they are real.

This is the second

You think this videos are hoax?

Mod Edit: to repair vid

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
There is a problem with approaching 'unknowns' such as these with the intent to 'debunk'. The videos do not offer anything substantial enough to be clearly identified; the first shows a dark blotch that's moving in a vaguely unpredictable pattern, and the second shows several indistinct blobs of light.

I know the "Mexican Military UFO" footage was written off by some as Oil well flames. I have a problem with that because the lights are moving, and are being followed by the camera. Oil wells don't move -- and if they did, I don't know that it would be at that speed.

For something to take your mind off the other video, you could look at the VZ-1; the Hiller Flying Platform (see here and here). While I am not suggesting that the video shows this object, it could be a similar bit of (relatively unknown) technology.

In conclusion, it is best to approach unusual subjects like these with an open mind. Clearly you would like these videos to be real; I observed that you posted the question to 11 11, self-proclaimed CGI expert, in another thread. I would like to mention that the CGI argument does not account for all the unusual material that has appeared over the years; there have been a few cases that were genuinely unexplainable - even if these have only been a handful.

I wish you the best of luck in your research.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Here is the answer to the 2nd video.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14-8-2007 by hbdale309]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I saw a convincent explanation about the first one... only oil flames. I don't remember the exact website, but you can find a lot using Google.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackHill
I saw a convincent explanation about the first one... only oil flames. I don't remember the exact website, but you can find a lot using Google.

The "oil flames" explanation is incorrect for this particular set of ufos. These lights move and eventually follow this Mexican spy plane. If you watch, on youtube, the 2005 Jaime Mussaun UFO presentation he goes into great detail covering this sighting. It's a very interesting piece overall.

I've seen the oil flames theory correctly debunk other ufo sightings by airplanes but not this one.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Jackdaw
I have a problem with that because the lights are moving, and are being followed by the camera.

This is the point of contention with these particular videos. I watch that and I see absolutely no indication the lights are moving. It may appear that way, but it's a fairly understandable optical illusion.

In the first few seconds, they have a close-up shot and you can clearly see the light's reflection on the water.

But alas, other people see something different.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Here is a more detailed breakdown of the 1st video.

youtube.com...

According to Maussan, the Mexican military flies this route on a daily basis, and if it were oil fields they would have known about them. The nearest oil fields were over 100 miles away plus their camera was filming well above the horizon. The objects surrounded the plane causing the men to turn off their lights. From here, most of the objects left, but one large light followed them for a while thereafter. Three of these objects were captured by their radar.

Who knows what they were, but it's safe to rule out oil fires.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Thanks alot guys, I been working alot, and I meant to say "these videos" after I typed it. So one of the video have been debunk that is great, that leaves one undebunk.
If is not the oilfield what could it be.? maybe they are ORBS they have been spoted almost everywhere in the world. I wish they could of made the video look like the UFO Haiti video, up close and real.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The one with just the lights as many have said just show too little to really say anything either way.

Two observations on my part is all the lights in each segment of tracking seem to not change positions and look fixed from each other. Reflection off of a camera hud can do this.

The other thing I question are the lights stationary and the fast movement of the aircraft in turns make the lights appear moving? If they were oil wells then as the aircraft turns they would appear to be what is moving since the camera is fixed on the aircraft.

In neither are these question am I trying and debunk the first one, but the second one is too easy to fake for me to even try to question if it as real.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
So basically the first video is hard to debunk, could it be a CGI manipulation on a government video? Another thing I notice is the latitude and longitude matches to somewhere in the middle of Mexico up to 250 mile offshore, so that couldn’t be oil wells.

top topics

join