It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: She wanted to be a suicide bomber since she was 16.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Reem Raiyshi, a 22-year old mother of two, blew herself up today, killing three Israeli soldiers and a security guard, and injuring seven other people. This is a grim historic first, a female suicide bomber.

abcnews.go.com (She), managed to get right inside the border security office with a bomb belt under her clothes. According to the Israeli military, she calmly told soldiers she had a metal splint in her leg that would set off their detector. As she was taken to a special room for a personal search, she blew herself up. What can cause such a strong urge for martyrdom, that someone would commit suicide, leaving their own children motherless? Amazing.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
What can cause such a strong urge for martyrdom, that someone would commit suicide, leaving their own children motherless?

Spending your entire life under occupation.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
"The bombers believe they are sent on their missions by God, and by the time they're ready to be strapped with explosives, say the sources, they have reached a hypnotic state. Their rationale: that by blowing themselves up in a crowd of Israelis, they are forging their own gateway to heaven."
From MSNBC
www.israelinsider.com...

No matter what anyone says...religion, fame, honor..
It seems to me it comes down to selfishness or selfserving purpose. Ive read so much about this subject because it intrigues me. This epidemic is a product of dillusion. These people are lead to believe from birth that this act of hate will earn them a prestigous spot in heaven. Its ludicrous. This cant be right there cant be any "right" reason for doing this to yourself or others. There are even rules to war for Christ s sake
--Kris

"[Arafat] knows where the human missiles are being programmed and armed. Such fanatic indoctrination takes time and isolation; it takes teachers of terror skilled in evoking visions of a martyrdom and requires recruits from vulnerably infuriated families who are known to other cells. The brainwashing is reinforced with official broadcasts of films of a dead boy beckoning potential suicide killers to join him in paradise."
From the New York Times, June 4, 2001
( from same link above)
THIS IS appalling if you ask me

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by xxKristinexx]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Edit - sorry, drunk.

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by kegs]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   

What can cause such a strong urge for martyrdom, that someone would commit suicide, leaving their own children motherless?

Amazing.

BRAINWASHING from the EARLIEST age...

Look into the schools these people go to from the age of 4 or 5 years....

Look into what is being drilled into their little heads from that TENDER age right up through adulthood.

The whole "occupation" argument is B.S., you beat occupation by DRIVING it out- THAT requires being alive to FIGHT another day. The suicide bomber is UNIQUE to Islam and I say it is TAUGHT from the earliest age.

TRUE SICKNESS...

P...
m...

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
"For the first time (Hamas) used a female fighter and not a male fighter and that was a new development in resistance against the enemy," Hamas founder Shaikh Ahmad Yasin told Reuters.

"Resistance will escalate against this enemy (Israel) until they leave our land and homeland."

english.aljazeera.net...

According to the leader of Hamas the attack was resistance to occupation.

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by ArchAngel]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
SO Palastine resorts to suicide bombing as their only method of retaliation and defense against Isreal and the US. LEts see the recruiters lead by example shall we ?--let him strap some plastic to his own ass instead of brainwashing the 18-23 year old, show them how to, and send them off with well wishes . Whats with all the bribing and promises. Im sure the kid would be happy to suicide bomb if he knew he would be some nameless impotent piece of meat that exploded prematurely OUTSIDE the cafe .

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
"For the first time (Hamas) used a female fighter and not a male fighter and that was a new development in resistance
against the enemy," Hamas founder Shaikh Ahmad Yasin told Reuters.

"Resistance will escalate against this enemy (Israel) until they leave our land and homeland."

english.aljazeera.net...

According to the leader of Hamas the attack was resistance to occupation.

Thats interesting ArchAngel.
Question, since when has Hamas been placed in control of Palestine and the Palestinian's? Since when have they become the official spokeman for the Palestinian's? I kind of figured that Arafat was the 'man.'
Is there a connection here?
Just as there is NO justification for what Israel does, there is NO justification for terrorism and/or suicide killings and bombings...period.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
And Arafat's Radio Blesses the Woman and the 'event':

"ARAFAT'S RADIO BLESSES WOMAN BOMBER"
Link:
www.imra.org.il...

Yep, the good ole' finger pointing continues....sad state of affairs, for both sides.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Question, since when has Hamas been placed in control of Palestine and the Palestinian's?

Since when have they become the official spokeman for the Palestinian's?

They have not.

I kind of figured that Arafat was the 'man.'
Is there a connection here?

Reading the few lines quoting Yasin I see no mention of Arafat. He was speaking for Hamas. The key word is

UNTIL

Just as there is NO justification for what Israel does, there is NO justification for terrorism and/or suicide killings and bombings...period.

Agreed. I was not implying that it was justified.

I was implying that it was motivated.

And that maybe there could be a solution if people looked closer at the key word.

You will note that the western media has edited out this part of his release.

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by ArchAngel]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
How could they not? No one here has ever lived under occupation, so thank God it's them instead of you.
When we can see boys beaten to death for not giving up information, or see no way to support your family except for a half acre olive orchard - then see it bulldozed, or to see your peoples stone throwing answered with US military grade attack helicpoters blowing your s***t & mud hovel down around the old ladies & men not moving quick enough, or seeing the ambulances shot at that are taking your baby to the hospital, or having every family you know having a death toll remberance every year - including your own.
Then ask how they can do it.

Brainwashed? They sure are; they see the above happening to their people everyday - can't get a more resounding mental programming than that.

I've seen both sides: my brother in-law is Palestinian Christian. I dated an Isreli girl in college. What most people do not realize is that there is a MASSIVE CENTER.
They do coincide very well, inter marry, and are people appaled at the hard line fascist tactics of a Sharon occupation, as much as they are appalled by radicalism.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
the fact she does it says enough about the situation, not only she but all suicide bombers, i guess they the real heros...
Besides, saw a docu yesterday saying that a lott of the israely settlers have their camps in places where the should have left some time ago already. The report will be handed over to the usa, see if they can tell there friends to stop. Why doenst america invade israel ? there the real evil is...

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Even though I can understand both the Israeli and Palistinian sides of the case imagine growing up as the little boy in this picture. Everyday you walk to school you have a gun pointed at you. I can imagine him growing up to be an angry young man.

An Israeli soldier points his rifle at a Palestinian woman and her child as they cross the Hawara checkpoint near the West Bank city of Nablus Thursday Jan. 15, 2004 after they were turned back when trying to enter Nablus, which is under curfew. (AP Photo/Nassser Ishtayeh)

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Amazing.

Stating the obvious here, but most of us in the states can't comprehend this action. That being said, it must take a very horrible life in order to do drive someone to commit suicide. I don't pretend to understand, but we are not over there. Being oppressed your whole life, while the other half of the world is sitting pretty.

Seriously think about what they must go through everyday. I think we really do know the answer to this question, but we don't want to admit it. The western world is in denial.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
[Edited on 16-1-2004 by Thinker]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
arabterrorism.tripod.com...

On October 11, 2000, Yossi Avrahami (left), father to three small children, and Vadim Norvich (right), just married four days earlier, were on their way to their yearly army reserve service, when they were unfortunate enough to take a wrong turn and end up in Palestinian police custody. They were taken to the police headquarters in Ramallah.

It wasn't long before the townspeople learned that there were two Israelis in custody, and a bloodthirsty mob quickly formed outside the police station.

The tragic conclusion was imminent. The mob, led by Palestinian police officers, brutally beat and stabbed to death the two Israelis. The figure on the left is of a Palestinian savage waving his blood-stained hands to the cheering mob below to signal that the deed was done. On the right, we see the lifeless body of one of the Israelis being thrown from the window, where the barbaric mob below proceeded to beat him with their bare hands, sticks, rocks, and even a window frame (click here to see a video of the lynching from the CNN website). Subsequently, he was tied to a car and dragged to the center of the town, where his body was set afire.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Update on Reem Al-Reyashi and to the possible 'why'.
Just found this article and what it appears to be suggesting:

"Translation: How Hamas Turned Adulteress Into Suicide Bomber"
Link:
www.imra.org.il...

Excerpt:

"Military sources claim that the terrorist Reem Al-Reyashi, who blew up four
days ago are the Erez Crossing and killed four Israelis, was forced to carry
out the suicide attack - as punishment for cheating on her husband.

A few hours after the suicide attack the Hamas published the will of the 22
year old mother who became a terrorist. With a broad smile on her face and
a rifle in her hands Al-Reyashi read her shocking desire: "I always wanted
to be the first woman who sacrifices her life for Allah. My joy will be
complete when parts of my body fly in all directions."

But information that reached Israel regarding the situation that lead
Al-Reyashi to carry out the attack raises a completely different picture.
According to this information this is not a cold blooded terrorist, steeped
in faith and madness, who chose out of free will to turn her two young
children into orphans - but instead a woman who was forced to carry out the
act.

According to military sources, the terrorist paid a cruel price for being
involved in an illicit love affair and was forced to sacrifice herself in
order to clear her name and the honor of her family."

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
In a related event the female suicide bomber was featured in an 'Art'(?) display called Snow White with her picture on the sail of a white boat in a pond colored Blood Red.

The Israeli Ambassador to Sweden vandalized the work, and had a shouting confrontation with the artist who is a former Israeli Jew, and president of an organization called 'Jews for Palestinian Peace'.

A video of this, and a later interview with the artist can be seen here. Click on the link in the upper right corner that says "Ambassad�ren attackerar och f�rklarar sig":

svt.se...

A row has erupted between Israel, and Sweden over the 'Art'. The swedish foriegn minister has summoned the Israeli ambassador to explain his behavior[1], Ariel Sharon has openly stated support for his actions[2], and now Israel is demanding that it be removed before an upcoming conference on the Holocaust in Sweden[3].

[1] sg.news.yahoo.com...

[2] english.aljazeera.net...

[3] www.miami.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join