It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your Red my Green?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I've often thought about this and I see no reason why it's as impossible as some people seem to think. I don't however think that it's because we were taught how to associate certain colours with certain words, but maybe the light spectrum in people's eyes vary from person to person. We all see blue as blue and red as red, but as already mentioned, we cannot literally see through another persons eyes and see what colour they are seeing - therefor we could all be seeing different colours but associate them all with the same words. Im not the most savvy person when it comes to explaining things so i've pretty much repeated what a couple of people have already said on here

Anyways, i think it is possible but it's just another one of life's greatest mysteries and perhaps we'll never know until the day the technology is released to actually record what another person see's. Either way, great thread and I agree that it can be a bit of a :bnghd: trying to explain it to people who've never contemplated the idea before

Edn

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Describing it as seeing through someones eyes is technically the wrong way to say it (which i have admittedly been saying because its easier to understand) as with todays technology you could pick up differences in the persons eye that may make them see different colour for things, the differences in what colours people see would likely lie in the brain after the eye has picked up the light and sent it to the brain.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join