It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting rid of the black ink from foia papers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I was wondering for awhile now about some of the papers Mr. friedman has gotten from the freedom of information act. And i know alot of them are blacked out, including those that mr. friedman has not gotten. but does anyone know weather it's possible to actually lift the black ink from the paper without damaging the words? I know if it was possible now we'd be closer to the truth, but does anyone think it might be possible in the future depening how deeply the ink goes down into the paper?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem
I was wondering for awhile now about some of the papers Mr. friedman has gotten from the freedom of information act. And i know alot of them are blacked out, including those that mr. friedman has not gotten. but does anyone know weather it's possible to actually lift the black ink from the paper without damaging the words? I know if it was possible now we'd be closer to the truth, but does anyone think it might be possible in the future depening how deeply the ink goes down into the paper?

Acetone (nail polish remover) will remove pen ink, but given that FOIA documents are photocopied, I don't think lifting the redact boxes off would yield any info.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by slackerwire]

join