It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple idea that could reconcile us all

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
Why does there even have to be a higher power??? The wall analogy doesn't work here as you can't see or touch the 'god wall'. You see a blue wall and I see absolutely nothing.

Cool. There doesn't have to be a higher power. There can be absolutely nothing and that is what millions can believe. Likewise, there can be a higher power and that is what millions of others believe. Either way, it's up to the individual to believe whatever they feel is right.

If feeling there is no God floats one's boat then that is what you need to believe. Likewise, if believing there is a God floats anothers boat then that is what they need to believe.

Believing in God doesn't make me feel any better and that i will have a better place somewhere when i die than someone who doesn't but what it does do is make life's hardships easier to deal with and i have been helped with those many times in the past. To someone who doesn't believe perhaps they would just say it's coincidence or something else creative. I believe differently.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The Simple fact is that we are...

From the Universe we are...

Created from the dust of stars and galaxies.

A Vision of I Am.

For what one of us cannot say that we are.

The flesh of the first living life form on earth resides in each and every one of us...from the very first father..Created, evolved, or evolved creation; it really matters not.

All this arguing and posturing...so little love

Will the legacy of man be that because he could not prove the existence of God or Christ that there was no reason to love one another or to embrace each other as true brothers?

The mere fact that Love is, means the Universe in its vastness, willed Love to be, whether you believe in God or not... Love is.
Love heals the most, and brings the greatest joy for all.

Christ is Love, whether you believe it or not, and if not Christ, well then at least love...

A Vision based on everyone truly helping one another without greed or hate. Without starvation or war, homeless or hungry...

Its time we start to chang things...in the name of Good.

and those of you who know what good is know..that I speak this way, so that in seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear. Not to offer an offensive way, but a simpler path.

Good people...know what Good is

Grow where you are planted..

Peace

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Absolutely gloriously stated.

I've gotten to a middle path perspective in my life where I'm not in any position to tell anyone what color their side of the wall is in relation to my own, and to be quite honest - when both parties adopt this ideology in relation to faith based matters, the conversation and "getting to know one another" easily jumps through into an enlightening sharing of ideas as oppossed to strict and stuffy debate and challanges.

Wonderful topic!

And on a side note - running across this thread could not have come a better time. I was just mentioning to my significant other that sometimes in order to communicate one's ideas, one should be well versed in the "language" of the other viewpoint.

For me, it's very difficult to nail down, because I tend to walk a rather odd theological path - I've studied just about every faith out there, as well as live with an atheist hubby...and more often than not - instead of a wall, we keep banging out heads over the terminology and frame of reference to convey the God Concept to one another.

For some, it's a sense of well being and not feeling alone in the Universe - being interconnected and at peace with others. For a different group, it's a loving Father Figure somewhere in the Heavens. Still others, the Earth itself we walk upon. Some even go so far as to proclaim themselves the Highest Power they know of - and so on ad infintum.

I guess once you can overlook the semantics and linguistic discrepancies between perspectives, and narrow it down that the majority of us just want to feel comfortable in our own skins and happy and free to do our own thing without undue persecution and judgement - the whole point of arguing becomes rather moot.

Unless of course, you're the type of folk who enjoy a "battle to the death"...in which case, well - that's another matter altogether.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

Christ is Love, whether you believe it or not, and if not Christ, well then at least love...
Why do religionites insist that their deity has the monoploy on love, when love is a biochemical reaction that can be felt by theists and non theists alike. Why do you insist that love stems from your deity of choice??

A Vision based on everyone truly helping one another without greed or hate. Without starvation or war, homeless or hungry...

Its time we start to chang things...in the name of Good.

and those of you who know what good is know..that I speak this way, so that in seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear. Not to offer an offensive way, but a simpler path.

Good people...know what Good is

Grow where you are planted..

Peace
Nice sentiments - will never happen tho!!

G

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
Christians:

Let's accept that we don't know everything. And let's stop trying to convert one another to own own incomplete truths.

Jesus also said this

Mark 16:[15] And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
[16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

How can a christian disobey this command.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Jesus also said this

Mark 16:[15] And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
[16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

How can a christian disobey this command.
There's preaching and then there's telling everyone else that they're beliefs are wrong. I don't mind someone explaining what they believe just don't expect nor try and force me to believe it. If I want to be 'damned' then thats MY choice, not yours not jesus's or god's. If they want me to believe in them then why send a lacky, I'm a big boy now - come speak to ME face to face.

G

<< 1   >>

join