It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Deny Everything....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gomurphy
........ Do you believe the same is hapening here. My 1st task here at ATS is to determine if ATS is just another disinfo / govt info collection site or is it worthy of my time.

Take your time, make sure you ask plenty of questions.
Make some posts of your own. (thats important). Become a contributor to the site. Pick some of your favorite topics, and post away.

As long as you don't insult anyone.
As long as you don't violate the simple set of rules, known as the Terms And Conditions.T&C's.
You'll see that it's worthy of your time.
And in that time, maybe we'll be worthy of you..

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Government Job

My 1st task here at ATS is to determine if ATS is just another disinfo / govt info collection site or is it worthy of my time.

Just assume that it's a government disinfo operation.

It's much more fun that way.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11
People hand out stars like they are meaningless, so there for they ARE meaningless. Maybe in a perfect world they mean someone has a good post, but in reality, people will be giving stars out just because.

Speak for yourself, 11 11. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I don't go around clicking little starts just for the hell of it...oooh, there's s star, let's click on it. I don't think the majority of ATSers are really that star happy as you make us out to be.

Read between the lines, man:p

My 1st task here at ATS is to determine if ATS is just another disinfo / govt info collection site or is it worthy of my time.

Oh yes, it's worth your time, especially if you're a government disinfo agent. ATS is prime real estate for spreading disinformation to the masses

Just kidding, it's a great place

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Government Job

Just assume that it's a government disinfo operation.

It's much more fun that way.

Too good. May I borrow this upon occasion? The only way to satisfy yourself as to the legitimacy, or lack there of, is to partake. Dig in, learn something, and above all else, have some fun. It needn't all be serious.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by seagull]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Coming in at the tail end of the brouhaha can be enlightening.

I'd like to share a true story with the original poster about the best example of worst examples I know... Ummm .... That would be me.

Once, some time back, I commited a silly faux pas (didn't read the instructions, nor the caveats). I had a substantial amount of personal points deducted by none other than the inimitable, fabulously popular, Springer.

Being of, often, unsound mind, I sent a missile (not missive) to the man himself, and berated him for being such a jerk (actually a sanitized version of the words used). No further punishment was taken. No further mention was ever made. I may still disagree with the reasoning, but I have settled in to a comfortable spot on this site. I wouldn't want to be a moderator here for any amount of money. Having done it in the past on other websites, I know what these mods go through and have the utmost respect for them.

I am slowly gaining back my substantial points deduction, and hope to do that before I leave this mortal coil. I will be leaving ATS at about that same exact moment.

My best possible bit of advise (note I didn't say advice) is to take a chill. Read a while. Get familiar with the rules and regs. Slip in where you feel comfortable. And... To paraphrase another poster here, "A Rolls Royce or Bentley isn't for everyone. You might be better suited to a Volkswagen".

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join