It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Deny Everything....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
It's simple, 11 11 being the fourth smartest person on the planet simply can't believe ANYONE could possibly disagree with ANYTHING he says so when he sees this in the form of members "starring" a post that defies his logic he is positive it's abuse of the system.

Heaven forbid anyone be blind enough to not see he is absolutely correct!
Thus, the star system is invalid in it's entirety.

Well, maybe it was a bad example and it appears to be that way. But I still stand by what I said....

People hand out stars like they are meaningless, so there for they ARE meaningless. Maybe in a perfect world they mean someone has a good post, but in reality, people will be giving stars out just because. If they wanted they could give a star to every person in the thread. Heck, if they were the 4th smartest person in the world, they could probably give themselves unlimited stars easly. (yes admins, its possible)

My point of view is coming from a programmer and a gamer that has seen his fair share of "award systems" in multi player environments. Every single system was abused and became meaningless, just because not all people use them what they are actually for...thats when it became an exploit.

So, it is my humble opinion to ignore the stars, as they truly have no meaning. If you think they have meaning, so be it.

Also, whats with this theme that I hold grudges against people that don't agree with me? If there ever is a time I find myself to be wrong, I am the first one to admit it, and equalize my position. The hard part is, actually being wrong in the first place.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Maybe evryone needs to have an allotment of 100 stars a month or something.
That would give them meaning.

Or how bout this, everytime you give a star you lose 25 points.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11
If there ever is a time I find myself to be wrong, I am the first one to admit it, and equalize my position. The hard part is, actually being wrong in the first place.

At least there is no denial of ego around here.

Hey, that's a positive thing right? I found a positive thing at ATS? Sweet!

After all, people always tend to jump on the negative and look, I just sifted right through all that and found 11 11's ego. Now granted, it's so big you can see it coming from miles away...

As for the original issue of denial as a tactic, it's not true.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

If there ever is a time I find myself to be wrong, I am the first one to admit it, and equalize my position. The hard part is, actually being wrong in the first place.

I hear you brother. It's hard for those of us that are almost always right to accept the ridicule of those that aren't.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The Lightbulb Flickers

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, NOW I seeeeeeee!

I was admittedly somewhat confused earlier, but suddenly all this makes sense.

For whatever it's worth, I used to have the same problem.

It got better.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I hear you brother. It's hard for those of us that are almost always right to accept the ridicule of those that aren't.

Yeah, well on internet forums at least, I try to never type anything unless I can back up what I type. Most of the time, before I click the "Post Reply" button, I will double check with Google, and Wiki, and other sources, and create a mental memory of the supporting evidence, just incase someone apposes my Post, I can always be prepared. So that makes the chances of being wrong, less.

So, on forums, its rare I find myself in a wrong position. In real life however, I can't proof read my words, and I might slip out something that isn't entirely correct..

Annnnnnnnnnyyywaaaaaaayyyy..... I think taking away like 1 point per star would be a great idea. Or it could be like a "tip jar". If i gave someone a star, it would take points from me and give it to the user. Or does it do that already?

[edit on 14-8-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Most of the time, before I click the "Post Reply" button, I will double check with Google, and Wiki, and other sources, and create a mental memory of the supporting evidence, just incase someone apposes my Post, I can always be prepared. So that makes the chances of being wrong, less.

So you're saying that your intelligence quotient and correctness ratios fluxuate according to your connection to Google?

That's perhaps the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

Edit: Oh look, I had a spelling error. I should have used Google.

[edit on 14-8-2007 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
So you're saying that your intellegence quotient and correctness ratios fluxuate according to your connection to Google?

That's perhaps the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

No, I say my intelligence quotient and correctness ratios fluctuate when I don't have time to perfect my answer.

In real life, words can just spill out of my mouth. But on a forum, I can type something, re-read it a few times, edit for clarity or info, and then finaly submit.

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Edit: Oh look, I had a spelling error. I should have used Google.

Google toolbar's spell check

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Isn't this precious?

Yeah, well on internet forums at least, I try to never type anything unless I can back up what I type. Most of the time, before I click the "Post Reply" button, I will double check with Google, and Wiki, and other sources, and create a mental memory of the supporting evidence, just incase someone apposes my Post, I can always be prepared. So that makes the chances of being wrong, less.

So, on forums, its rare I find myself in a wrong position. In real life however, I can't proof read my words, and I might slip out something that isn't entirely correct..

You might want to add spell check to that list.

2 errors in 3 words but I'm sure you will point out that you did that on purpose.

Sorry, had to quote most of this post to make the point.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

No, I say my intelligence quotient and correctness ratios fluctuate when I don't have time to perfect my answer.

Even joking around you feel some deep need to be diametrically opposed and correct. I would suggest that once in a while you unplug the Google.

I've got two words for you... PAR TAY

You really must get out more. Your D-Ego is going to explode if you don't.

[edit on 14-8-2007 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

2 errors in 3 words but I'm sure you will point out that you did that on purpose.

LOL, well I type at least 100 w.p.m. and I do make a lot of mistakes in spelling and grammer and all that. I usualy try to hit the "Spell Check" in Google Toolbar, but for some odd reason on ATS forums it doesn't work the first time, and Ill have to submit the post, and go back and edit it, just to get Google spell check to work. Sometimes I just don't care, because I am a busy person with many things going on around me.

uhh.. this turned into a talk about 11 11 topic.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise!... Surprise and fear... fear and surprise... Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency! Our three weapons are fear, and surprise, and ruthless efficiency... and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope... Our four... no... Amongst our weapons... Hmf... Amongst our weaponry... are such elements as fear, surpr... I'll come in again.

Now thats off topic.

(Though I did use Google to get the full quote)

Please some one shoot me or just close this insane and inane thread . . .

Or not.

[edit on 8/14/2007 by bobafett1972]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The way I see it, stars mean absolutly nothing.

Seriously, I don't see what the problem is here. If you think the stars mean nothing then you won't care that you don't get any, and you won't care if you do. So what's the real beef here considering this thread has now continued 2 pages past the OP being proven wrong in his theory that stars increase point count?

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
we actualy think alike poster

u have a point there....many hoaxes lately...and many turue sights
but some people just deny everything like theyr doing it on purpuse to anger us

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
but some people just deny everything like theyr doing it on purpuse to anger us

Are some denying everything or others accepting everthing?

It really doesn't matter though because ATS is number one. All others are number two, or lower.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Seriously, I don't see what the problem is here. If you think the stars mean nothing then you won't care that you don't get any, and you won't care if you do. So what's the real beef here considering this thread has now continued 2 pages past the OP being proven wrong in his theory that stars increase point count?

You are 100% correct, I do not care if I do, or don't, get any stars, because they don't mean anything to me.

The point of posting that, is to let other people know my opinion. Maybe they will see that other people just ignore the stars, so they start ignoring also?

Are you trying to be an admin? Whats the hostility for? Just because the thread is still being used to communicate with? Thats what I don't understand.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Definitions of hostility:

noun: acts of overt warfare
noun: a hostile (very unfriendly) disposition
Example: "He could not conceal his hostility"
noun: the feeling of a hostile person
Example: "He could no longer contain his hostility"
noun: a state of deep-seated ill-will
noun: violent action that is hostile and usually unprovoked

I see none of this. I thought we were pointing out the pointlessness of this thread with laughter and humor.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

The point of posting that, is to let other people know my opinion. Maybe they will see that other people just ignore the stars, so they start ignoring also?

Are you trying to be an admin? Whats the hostility for? Just because the thread is still being used to communicate with? Thats what I don't understand.

What was "administrative" about my questions? Did I direct you some where or instruct in some manner? Did I slap your wrist? Confine your movement or restrict your actions? Did I levy a warning of repercussion?

No...I believe I asked a question.

Hostility? Did I form my question in a hostile manner? I don't believe so. I did not attach a threat or an insinuation. I did not charge you with some violation or implicate you with my question. I simply asked - what is the beef here since you don't give any value to the star system? You openly admit you disregard it - and then you post multiple posts on the very subject...that's confusing - so I ask again, what possibly could be embedded in what you self-profess to be a meaningless topic that keeps you coming back? And also why did you accuse me of things I didn't do?

Your behavior is odd.

[edit on 8-14-2007 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
dictionary.reference.com...

3. opposition or resistance to an idea, plan, project, etc.

I simply just felt a bit of opposition or resistance when they mentioned we are still talking on this thread for no reason regarding the thread topic.

eehh, anyway, im done on this one..

[edit on 14-8-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is my 1st post on ATS. I recently read about the rating system Google uses and how the writer believes it's rigged to give higher rating and position to sites I would consider mainsteam /disinfo / propaganda ........ Do you believe the same is hapening here. My 1st task here at ATS is to determine if ATS is just another disinfo / govt info collection site or is it worthy of my time.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join