It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Deny Everything....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
So now that things have been clarified regarding the "Stars" one has to wonder why you decided to approach this by immediately calling our ALL VOLUNTEER STAFF MADE UP EXCLUSIVELY OF YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS "conspirators".

Was that really necessary?

I didnt call ALL the volunteer staff "conspirators"....only one, the rest of em ran with it ( to keep it a little more light-hearted I believe) so quit stompin on the hornets nest please.....all is well I hope.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Are you sure?

Originally posted by 1nL1ghtened
"INFITIAS IRE DOMINATIO" (ill save you the trouble of looking it up..it loosely translates to DENY CONTROL)

My Latin is rusty, but I would have thought infitias dominatus or infitias imperium would be correct... But what would I know, just being a bestia coniuratus.

Roman Monkeys, not just for et tu ATS anymore...

[edit on 13/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Am I missing something?

Are you saying that there's a conspiracy involving the "star system"?

Pretend that we're all 9-years old and break your post down toddler style, please, so we can all understand what you're trying to say.

Sporty

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Further demonstrating...

(THIS THREAD WAS MOVED....SO NOONE WOULD READ IT?)

[edit on 13-8-2007 by 1nL1ghtened]

[edit on 13-8-2007 by 1nL1ghtened]

Your complete ignorance of the machinations of ATS... This thread was moved (by me) from ATS Aliens & UFO's (an ATS only forum, and an inappropriate one at that) to Board Business & Questions which is visible on ATS, BTS and AP (one of only two forums that a member may start a thread and get that level of exposure, the ATS Freshman's Forum being the other).

So please tell this "co-conspirator" exactly how moving a thread to a forum that makes it visible on all three boards constitutes an effort to make sure no one (yes, it's no one... "Noone" is not a word, just a character in a Clint Eastwood movie) reads it?

Yeah... I thought so...

:shk:

[edit on 13/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Thats one of the things that kinda bug's me about ATS, the ganging up on someone.

Sometimes I have questions but I dont have the energy to fend off the attacks I will recieve so I dont ask.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by earth2]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Thats one of the things that kinda bug's me about ATS, the ganging up on someone.

Sometimes I have questions but I dont have the energy to fend off the attacks I will recieve so I dont ask.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by earth2]

I can see where you are coming from but there are ways to go about things and then there is opening a can of worms for no reason. Take this thread. It didn't need to be written. I am almost 100% sure that the questions asked could have and would have been answered if the proper person(s) were U2U'd.

So not only was this a pointless thread but you get the added bonus of a supposed gang up. But really, I read most of it as good fun.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Yea I agree that some things in here belong in a rant or whatever, but sometimes I have a legite statemen or question that I know I will be attacked for so I usually keep quite. Ive seen it happen to people many times.

Is that wrong? Or am I just tripping?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Ahhhh...

The proclamation before martyrdom... Nope we've never seen this before...

:shk:

While I'm sure in your mind that your 'insight" is revolutionary in nature, and your willingness to "risk" your membership is altruistic in nature, I find it no more than casually amusing. Labeling me a "co-conspirator" only exposes your superficial understanding of ATS...

Heh...well, never let it be said that running a 'conspiracy theory' (whatever that is exactly) website doesn't tend to attract...erm...people who see conspiracies - ahem - everywhere!!
Jeez...I hope I'm not conspiring with anyone here....

J.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
So not only was this a pointless thread but you get the added bonus of a supposed gang up. But really, I read most of it as good fun.

And that's what it all boils down to. Someone starting a thread calling the mods on this site "conspirators" and then when asked about it saying something snide like "that one person knows who he/she is." Please. :shk:

I'm quite curious exactly where the staff of ATS is controlling what our spectacularly vast membership chooses to give a star to.

In the same vein, I question your sincerity in standing up for what you believe in, when you create a thread that will most certainly offend some staff members, instead of taking the logical step of asking us why we do certain things, or things you believe we do, through the normal process of a Complaint/Suggestion.

Possibly because then there is no public martyrdom?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

(THIS THREAD WAS MOVED....SO NOONE WOULD READ IT?)

I see. Did you know there are plenty of people that check both ATS and BTS everyday. Plus even more that just stay in BTS because some members have their tin foil hat on too tight.

Originally posted by niteboy82
I'm quite curious exactly where the staff of ATS is controlling what our spectacularly vast membership chooses to give a star to.

Haven't you heard, Mods are in charge of giving stars and taking them away. Plus many times I have been taken out back and "convinced" not to star a post!

If you don't like the way this site is run, don't come here. If you can't follow the rules, prepare to be

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Ahh what are we talking about??

Did I miss something??

So what about the stars. who cares. If your worried about stars go somewhere else. It really don't matter what stars you get.

I gave up on them when they came out. My content I add sucks, cause I don't properly talk online its all jibber jabber.

Therefor I do add content and do things like normal, why worry about a star system?

I know treat this like some addict treats world of warcraft and try and get all the stars. Imagine how many you would have then.

Originally posted by secret titan
I see. Did you know there are plenty of people that check both ATS and BTS everyday. Plus even more that just stay in BTS because some members have their tin foil hat on too tight.

Theres a BTS??

I thought that was an urban legend.

[edit on 8/13/2007 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I just have to stick my 2 cents in here...

I am observed a trend in threads like this, or at least I think I have.... That may be a conspiracy as well....(Joke)

It goes like this..

Poster 1 starts a thread about something he thinks he has observed about the MODS or the ADMIN.

The MODS or ADMIN come on and try and explain it.

It may have some humor interjected, or at times even some emotion. Perceived or real.

Then along comes the accusations of MODS "Ganging" up on someone.

Why is it when a MOD defends themselves, or ATS, it is "Ganging up" and not simply defending a position that they believe in?

It is sad, but the one thing I HAVE observed is that it seems to me that when a member becomes a MOD the amount of board interaction from them decreases dramatically. I'm not talking about their interaction as MODS, but the everyday back and forth, good natured debate that I have had with some of the "now" MODS. Heated at time, but always interesting and infinitely satisfying.

Could it be because they are always accused of "Ganging" up when they take a stand?

They have an opinion and just because they are MODS does not mean they can not express that opinion.
Also they would not be MODS if they did not love ATS. To expect them to NOT defend this site is ridiculous....

Semper

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I have noticed a trend in the new point (star) system, and basically if you DEBUNK any given subject you seem to rack up points (or stars) no matter how good the argument to the contrary is.

Hey, I have noticed this too, especialy in the Haiti Hoax thread. A person would just post "Its totaly real, i know it" even when the title says [HOAX], and some people would give this person stars.

The way I see it, stars mean absolutly nothing.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2

If you're talking about something board related, don't feel that way. If you're not comfortable posting it as a thread / question, remember that you are always welcomed to contact a staff member with a question via the complaint / suggestion feature or U2U.

[edit on 14-8-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Thats just because so many people FLAGGED and viewed, replied and such...thats why GhostRaven got so many stars.

That is simply not true. Flagging, viewing, and replying do NOT generate stars. Someone must physically click on the blank star to get one to show up. I told you already exactly how stars work in the first reply to this thread. That explanation has been confirmed by others here, including Mods. You're going from bad to worse in the logic department here, fella.

[edit on 8/14/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Se here is an example:

This guy gets 6 stars for claiming to be someone with zero proof, and to say something that has already been proven wrong.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Later in the thread, he gets another 6 stars just for disagreeing with a few people. Its clearly obvious the star system has ZERO meaning to it when it is abused. So, just ignore it.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
We have an awesome site full of great information available to all who choose to seek it out.

It's sad that there are members who will simply abuse a system that was put in place to let others know "hey there is something pretty important being said here, come check it out".

It's even more sad, that we have to spend time arguing about it.

Deny Ignorance, does that sound familiar?

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Denouncing Free Expression

Originally posted by 11 11
Its clearly obvious the star system has ZERO meaning to it when it is abused. So, just ignore it.

So when citizens vote in a way you don't approve of in an election, would that also be "abuse"?

I don't get it. Any member who wants to can click on a star and add one to a post.

What is so difficult to understand about that, and so hard to accept about it?

How does the process of members expressing their opinions about a post constitute abuse?

I don't get it.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
And ....

Here is a STAR for you Majic...

Just so everyone knows I'm fair... LOL

Semper

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Magic:

WRT to 11 11,

It's simple, 11 11 being the fourth smartest person on the planet simply can't believe ANYONE could possibly disagree with ANYTHING he says so when he sees this in the form of members "starring" a post that defies his logic he is positive it's abuse of the system.

Heaven forbid anyone be blind enough to not see he is absolutely correct!
Thus, the star system is invalid in it's entirety.

SPRINGER IS GOING TO BE BLUNT, if you have thin skin please move on...

[rant]
This thread is pitiful.

The OP starts off with an insulting accusation based on nothing but his IGNORANCE of how a system works., He then moves on to call our VOLUNTEER staff co-conspirators in a NON EXISTENT conspiracy dreamed up by his ignorance. Then caps it off with another horridly ignorant accusation about moving this drek to the forum it almost belongs in (I say almost because it's certainly not ATS quality research).

This is a classic example of EMBRACING IGNORANCE, and running with it until you make a complete mess.

Why not simply TRY to LEARN how the system works BEFORE going off about non existent issues? What happened to "try to disprove your theory before you present your theory"?! Had you only asked anyone in the staff IF the points were affected by stars, who has control over the stars, and do the stars have any impact on membership prestige you would have discovered your theory was incorrect and your lack of stars is probably due to coming up with theories like this one.
[/rant]

Springer...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join