It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Train Explosion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Russian Train Explosion

www.canada.com

MOSCOW (Reuters) - An explosion derailed a Russian passenger train traveling between Moscow and St Petersburg late on Monday, injuring at least 20 people, officials said.

"As a result of an explosion at 21:38 (1738 GMT) ... several carriages of passenger train No. 166 from Moscow to St Petersburg were derailed," Russian Railways said in a statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Not jumping to any conclusions, this could just as well be an accident. Just wanted to let people know about it.

www.canada.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Before we go jumping to conclusions

It said the cause of the explosion was unknown.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Russian Railways said in a statement the blast was caused by "outside action", suggesting it may not have been a technical fault. No other details were given.

Little more info. After checking a few different news links, I found that the injured report varies by the source. Still nothing solid on what happened though, so we wait.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

It was not clear last night whether the blast was a terrorist attack. But rescue workers discovered a 1.5 metre-deep crater under the train's ninth carriage, Interfax reported.

Thats pretty wierd, but if it was a terrorist attack they pretty much failed. i mean , i would put a ton more C4 to make it bigger, rather then a 1.5 m sized explosion. Or it mightve been an IED kind of bomb, home-made like. But we will just have to wait and see.......

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I blame Georgian jet bombers. They bombed the Russian train in obvious provocation. Now I shall wait for the Western media to denounce Georgia.

Hey sorry I got carried away- it worked when Georgia was "bombed". But this is a good opportunity for Russia.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by maloy]

[edit on 14-8-2007 by maloy]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Well the obvious answer is chechnya or Georgia.
retaliation for the missile that never exploded?
Or maybe a russian attempt at a black op to blame georgia, thus the no casualties?
I cant imagine much is needed to derail a train..
why use a tonne? when a small amount would do the trick?

Maybe who ever planted it didnt want casualties, or wasnt aware that in that particular area, the trained went drastically slower?

but to see them say 'outside-explosion' says to me the train didnt derail on its own.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Yea, it might lean towards a little of a black op due to Russians most recent relations with the Georgia incident and wants something to be instigated for its own benefit.

But we will just have to wait and see what crops up next, so we can connect the dots, otherwise we're just assuming stuff out of the blue

top topics

join