It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 legged spider?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendu
Here's your ant mimicking spider. Probably not what you saw, but these are spiffy.

members.fortunecity.com...

That's just freaky. It looks exactly like a weaver ant like it says on that website, only that it has two huge black spider eyes in the front.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
All of your ideas are good, but what if you just didn't see it's seventh and eighth legs? You didn't post a pic, so none of us know what it really looks like.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by crayak
All of your ideas are good, but what if you just didn't see it's seventh and eighth legs? You didn't post a pic, so none of us know what it really looks like.

I saw it up close, it just didn't have the legs. I think the most possible explanation is that it simply had a bad mault.

After my experience with spiders yesterday I never want to see one again
lol....

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
you all suck for thinking that it's bad for a spider to have 6 or 7 legs, I don't mind having 7 fingers!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Meet the crab spider! Giant crab spiders are nearly everywhere through the us and are known to have 6 legs, they are normally found on apple trees I presume. do to my memorys as a child
They are beauts and good eaters, happy day@

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by keymaster

no its true spiders can do detach their limb well some of them fishing spiders am sure that what they are called have the abaility to do this as do many lizards and reptiles so its not umcommon for they to detach a limb if its caught in something or if its attacked by a predator in fact if its grab by a predator the leg still moves around thus distracting the predator while the spider escapes

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Those Cave Crickets look like the things of Starship Troopers ........no thanks.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FudgeStix

I've found one too. I don't KNOW its a spider, but it is clear it is awesome. Its either a 6 legged spider, or it is an insect that makes a web. The idea that it is a 6 legged spider has a possibility of mutation, but even that is cool!
. I still should show my old field bio teacher and after I will post again. I will try to take a pic, but its small and I don't have an expensive camera.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Well, as I was browsing google for my mystery spider... I found this - I happen to have a picture as well...

i7.photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FudgeStix

I caught a 6 legged spider tonight. it also had the same legs missing on both sides. I definatley think it was a deformity. Didnt think to take a photo either. It was a big spider... Rain spider / huntsman.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
did neone think a brown recluse lol i believe those are the spiders with 6 legs its how you tell them apart from others

top topics

<< 1   >>

join