It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Video from 2000 Giulliani Compares Welfare Recpients to Animals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

In Video from 2000 Giulliani Compares Welfare Recpients to Animals

] alternet.org...

Giuliani Compares Welfare Recipients to Animals in Racist Video from 2000

The clip In Video comes from the documentary Giuliani Time which came out about two years ago and I implore all of you to rent it ASAP.
(visit the link for the full news article)

alternet.org...

[edit on 13-8-2007 by grover]

[edit on 13/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Now I make no bones about the fact that I consider Rudy Giulliani as a parasite sucking (like so many Republicans) the national tragedy of 9/11 for everything he can get out of it. But, this video is really offensive. He should really talk about calling others parasites. It is racist and really ugly; almost as obscene as bush minor making light of his splendid little war by looking for weapons of mass destruction behind the oval office furniture.

I know there are some on here who will accuse me of having no sense of humor... well I have one thank you very much and it does not include such trash.

]
(visit the link for the full news article) alternet.org...

[edit on 13-8-2007 by grover]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I...i don't...i...

I have been raised on welfare my entire life!!!! My mother has a lumbar spinal stenosis, thats why!!!! Am i a parasite???

that little ### ## ## ## ### # ###### ### ### ###

*rages off to kill politicians like that piece of #*

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yeah I know. I have gone through periods of my life where i had to be on welfare and was grateful for its existence, and was also happy to get off it. It throughly disgusts me when I hear people, often very well off indeed grudge the poor the pittance they are given to live on. AND, then to having self serving colo-rectal polyps like Giulliani mock them makes me furious.

I wouldn't vote for him for road kill collector.

apc

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
You've got a strange fascination with rectums lately, grover...

Originally posted by D.E.M.
I have been raised on welfare my entire life!!!! My mother has a lumbar spinal stenosis

While this is obviously not reflected in your case, innocent children are all too often used simply as an excuse to receive free taxpayer money. A necessary evil unfortunately, as it is not the children's fault their parents are selfish pieces of crap.

In my experience, which naturally may differ from others, most welfare recipients are parasites. "Me me me me me." That's what I now think of when someone mentions welfare. It's all about what the Government can do for them.

The last time I was in a welfare office it was stocked with people speaking Spanish. So maybe parasites is too general. Pond scum... that sounds about right.

So while Giuliani may be a douchebag, he's a douchebag that I just have to agree with in this instance.

And no, grover. I wouldn't vote for him either. Hi5!

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I'm not voting for Guiliani either.

But he is right!

Parasites, leeches, baby piglets suckling at the government teet. I'm sure I could come up some more...but you get the point.

If drug tests were manadatory to recieve welfare (which I believe it should be) the welfare rolls would immediately drop 25%.

Nothing makes me madder than to be in line behind someone with a grocery basket full of junk food, and Rib-eye steaks, being paid for by the government, while I am paying for my food with my hard earned money.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Most....not all mind you but most of the people I have known or met when I was on assistance didn't like being there and would prefer to be working but the way the system is (or was in the 80's) that you were essentially penalized for trying to get ahead and so for some people, it simply was not worth the effort.

Be that as that may, they are still human beings in a situition that is difficult at best and do not deserve to be mocked.... even if they are exceptions.

That Giulliani exhibits a hard hearted and callus attitude towards his fellow human beings makes me think that if times turned really bad in this country he would be slow to help, it just wouldn't be a priority of his.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Yet one more intelligent contribution from RR.

Having been on welfare a couple times in my life RR I can only say is that I hope you are prosperous all the days of your life so the sobering reality of hard times doesn't slap you in your face.

If not for the grace of God there goes I.

apc

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
... you were essentially penalized for trying to get ahead and so for some people, it simply was not worth the effort.

That sounds really, really familiar. But I guess someone has to fund the welfare coffers...

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
While the comment he made was stated in a way that had absolutly no tact. i agree with it.

most of the people on welfare these days shouldnt be. people need to learn to take care of themselves instead of relying on tax payer money to pay for all of theirstuff. if you are disabled, medically ill, or you loose the main bread winner in your household for some reason i can understand the need to be on it. but i see so many people who drive around nice cars, by nice clothes etc...and are on welfare and it is ridiculous.
its these kinds of people who sit there and pop out kid after kid and keep ringing in the tax payer money that have no right to be on it and they are animals. they are gouging all the goods for themselves. it's these kinds of people that make those that are truly in need, live in squallor or stress everyday about how they are going to get buy on their food stamps because their isnt enough left. more people need to learn to get off their butts and get a job, and learn a little sexual control and not have kids if they cant afford it. then maybe the people that have medical illnesses, lost a spouse, laid off, or are disabled would actually be able to get some real help, and live a half way decent life. personally it would take something completly huge in my life to even make me consider taking welfare. i just believe it is meant for those that are less fortunate and in need of this emergency assistance. and as far as people running into hard times, it happens. and unfortunatly maybe that means you have to move into a smaller home, or go without fast food for a while. you do what you have to do, find another job, sell some belongings. it just seems to me that people are much more willing to get on welfare than to see what they will have to sacrifice in order to get their affairs in order.

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
MY what vicious stereotyping. If I recall correctly Christ urged us to take care of the poor; not take care of the wealthy.

For every person who matches your stereotype there are dozens of others out there who don't. Who want to work but either its not out there or it pays minimum wage, which even with the increase, is still minimum. In most cities it is impossible to live on such wages. A friend of mine had to turn down a job in Manhattan because $50,000 was not enough to live on... she would have had to move 50 to 100 miles outside of the city in order to afford it.

Try a little compassion because who knows, someday you might need help.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
i already said in my post that welfare was created for the very people you suggested i wasnt being compassionate about so you make no sense.
i never ever said take from the poor and give to the wealthy at all. in fact i said the very opposit...welfare should be for those that are in dire need. must i list again .....i said it should be for the disabled, medically ill, someone who has lost the major bread winner of the household, layoffs....hmm i see nowhere in what i said that suggests that we should let poor people starve. so you can get off your soap box now.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Perhaps you should get off your high horse... you know nothing of the lives of the people you so readily condemn, their circumstance or issues... nor do I which is why I am not so quick to pass judgment on them.

What we pay out in welfare, even to the freeloaders is a pittance to what corporations mooch off the state... where is your outrage then when they take our dollars and still move jobs overseas?

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
First- How is that video racist?

Secondly- I would never vote for him, but in terms of welfare recipients he is 100% right.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
the only people i have said that i am upset with in my post are the people that mooch from the government...again not the people that deserve it which i said several times so im not on a high horse at all.

2ndly i have huge outrage at corporations bringing jobs overseas...in fact i have protested and written several letters to representives about the issue, so again you are the one passing judgement.

thirdly, you dont know me, so how do you know what i know?
nuff said.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Most of the people on welfare are CHILDREN, something like 70 - 80%. Would you take food out of their mouths and want them to go without shelter?
Most of the people who are so against welfare have no idea what it's like and don't know anyone personally who has had to go the welfare route. I worked with welfare moms for 10 years in a special program to rehab them and get them working. The horror stories are endless and no one could possibly understand their situation unless they lived it.
Don't criticize if you haven't walked a mile in their mocassins....and don't forget that most on welfare are children.

new topics

top topics

join