It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Ready For Some Football?!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ahhhhhhh................Tonite is the first pre-season game for my beloved Philadelphia Eagles! I'm like all tingly and stuff! Yeah!
Might only be preseason ball, but it's still football!!!!!
Yeah that's right. REAL football - not that game that our friends across the Pond call football. That's right, I said it - REAL football!!!!! Yeah! When it comes to my Philadelphia Eagles, I turn into wing eatin', beer drinkin', TV Yellin', other team hatin' Son of a gun. Yeah that's right.

This is my Philadelphia tough guy talk. Hey it's true. Philadelphia fans booed Santa Claus. AND threw snowballs at him during a halftime show. There was another halftime show where kids had a 5 minute scavenger hunt. The kids were pretty young I'd say 5 - 7 years old. Well one of the kids didn't find anything, yep you guessed it We booed him. When he started to cry, we REALLY booed him. Yeah! That's right.

Oh how I love my football. I'm so psyched!

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Oh buddy,

You and I are going to have a lot of fun on August 25th.

You know who my team is right?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Uh - oh...... A stinkin' Steelers fan are you?
This may indeed be fun!

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I am freakin ready for the Bucs to kick some serious azz.

Garcia is pumped and watch out for Maurice Stovall the bucs sleeper WR.

And the cadilac is going to turn it loose this year.

Ive got two fantasy teams so far and im waiting for the end of preseason to draft my third and final team.

I also think Calvin J. is going to make a impact simular to Moss's rookie year.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Ahh yes.. that wonderful American football game..

Played with an. .. err... . ball??

Using your ... *cough* FOOT??
Hehehe!! it could only happen in America
Gotta love those cheerleaders

BTW I actually love it.
I used to watch it in the days of Dan Marino and the Refrigerator

Better than the poncy diving competition/ballet rendition over here with the likes of mincing loser Wayne Rooney.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I take it you aren't a Man U. supporter?

You all know the Seahawks are going to pound the NFC right? AFC might be something else, but anyway...

Almost time to change my Signature for the season...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Steelers all the way!

Ben is back!

Fast Willy Parker

Physco Ward

Santonio Holmes

I could go on and on, but I'll just let the play speak for itself.

*mumbles* man I hope I don't end up eating those words...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
You will...

Baltimore seems to have all the pieces in place...and don't leave Indy out of the picture, any team that can hang 40 points on you has at least a punchers chance.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Baltimore seems to have all the pieces in place...

Hmmmmm............well the Ravens put a HURTIN' on the Eagles last night. It was hard to watch......
NO WAIT! I mean the Eagles were just playin' possum and stuff. YEAH! That's it - we just don't want the rest of the league to see how good we really are......................
Yep, that's right.........Uh-huh.......yep......

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Ha! Mr. Lombozo

As much as I respect ya fine thinkin' and stuff, lets be calling the game Grid Iron and be done with it.

I like that name for it, it sounds tough: ggrrrrrr it is tough!!

I played D-line for an under 18's team in the UK for a few seasons, I would've moved up to the adult team, but I'm just not large enough, I'd have been killed every weekend! Even though I could slot a 40 yard field goal - too easy man - years of playing football (you know the one with the foots and the balls!)

Anyhow when I was like 11 we did the Florida trip, Disney world, Sea world, Wet'n'Wild thang! We also did a trip to the Joe Robbie Stadium ( I think it was pretty new, like a year or two old - 19 years ago ) Awsome, it really blew my mind. I'd been to a lot of football grounds in the UK and this was like - way out there!

Yeah that'd be me: Miami all the way baby!!

Don't really know sod all about who's in the line up anymore, but I always look for their results in the SCMP (South China Morning Post).

Enjoy the season!

MonKey errr Dolphin. You know I bet they'd be better if they were the Miami Monkeys.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Chikey - allright, allright I'll call it gridiron, but just for today.

A 40 yarder, eh? That's pretty impressive!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Time to light the touchpaper.

This season will the one that the Bengals will finally win a superbowl.

And we will beat the steelers in post season.

ChiKeyMonKey, I have played on and off for the last 18 years in the UK and training hard to play next year. Which team did you play for? Have played in Cheltenham, Hereford, Gloucester and Redditch.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP

I'd take that bet

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!

My flags out, got my Niners hat and Im ready to yell GOOOOOOOOO NINERS

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Anybody else think Kitna is going to blow it up this year.

I do. 5000 yards

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I can't win I grew up a diehard Bills fan and now live in Detroit.

2 terrible teams.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Time to light the touchpaper.

And we will beat the steelers in post season.

ChiKeyMonKey, I have played on and off for the last 18 years in the UK and training hard to play next year. Which team did you play for? Have played in Cheltenham, Hereford, Gloucester and Redditch.

I played for the Solent Scorpions (way down south mate!) So I didn't play any of those teams, but we kicked the crap outta all the so called big London teams. In my second season we only lost to one team the "Farnham Knights" they beat us in the semi's and then went and lost to.... I don't know, I'm getting old!

Our Coach at the time was a Yank!! called Jim Roberson. An awsome guy! I think he's still involved in the UK.

Good luck for the new season.

MonKey.

Mr. L

I grew up kicking a ball, was doing it 10mins after I started to walk!! I USED to be superfit and have legs like tree trunks!! not quite like the ones from LOTR but I'm sure you get the idea.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
GO PACK GO!!!

Cheesehead born and raised, glad to see Favre back, even though he's not the QB he once was, and our defense is going to be sick this year. If by some miracle our offense can shift into the next gear, we'll be the worst team no one wants to play. I'm thinkin' we may, MAY have a shot at the playoffs this year...it really boils down to whether or not we'll have a running game...so many young, unproven guys in the backfield...but ya never know, we may have a gem that no one saw coming....

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

It's like Kitna saying that the Lions will win ten games this season. That's also like a Browns fan saying that they will make the playoffs this year. It ain't gotta snowball's chance in Hell of happening. The Dolphins have a better shot to make the playoffs than what the Brown and the Bungals have.However, I do see the Ravens as having a good chance to mae the Super Bowl this year. This team is almost like the team that Baltimore had in 2000-2001. They came to play hard and they won it all. The Ravens may do like they did last year and runaway with the AFC Norris Division.

That is coming from a Steelers fan

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Anybody else think Kitna is going to blow it up this year.

I do. 5000 yards

Using Kitna and 5000 yds in the same entry? Wow...you do have big dreams don't you
. Unless this is a different John Kitna than the one who played (?) in Seattle several years ago, I'd say not very likely.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join