It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alignment Of Ancient Wonders Around The World: Intelligent Design?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by elmariachi
OMG GUYS

if you look on a map, the state capitals of new jersey, delaware, maryland, north carolina, and south carolina all line up perfectly!

Unless you are using a frencg curve, they don't. The "line" doesn't even go into S Carolina when started from New Jersey.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Soz if this has been mentioned.

On the whole Orion and the Great Pyramids thing, I think I saw a TV program on it a while back, which also explained that the three pyramids had shafts built into them. From inside the tombs, you could see the tombs and at certain points in time - like when the pyramids were built - you can see the three stars from the belt of orion through the shafts of the Pyramids.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
FWIW, if you start digging a hole in Angkor Wat, and dig in a straight line all the way through Earth (yeah, I know you can't do that), you'll end up in Nazca. Coincident?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellmutt
FWIW, if you start digging a hole in Angkor Wat, and dig in a straight line all the way through Earth (yeah, I know you can't do that), you'll end up in Nazca. Coincident?

Not even close... just in latitude you'd be off by about 1.35 degrees (14.75 degrees South for Nazca vs 13.4 North for Angkor Wat). So you magical alignment would be out by about 150km.

Like all of these alignment theories, this one relies on inaccurate measurement and only including those locations that are convenient and ignoring all others. Which makes things easy given the enormous number of ancient sites to choose from.

I could come up with the same evidence for alignment of international airports or McDonalds restaurants.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: elmariachi
OMG GUYS

if you look on a map, the state capitals of new jersey, delaware, maryland, north carolina, and south carolina all line up perfectly! Its obviously a ruse for the NSA to direct psyclon energy fields into the HAARP facility to repel the grey invasion of your underpants!

Which is precisely the reason I don't wear any.

Harte

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: purpleivan

Out by about 150km (93,2 miles). Ok, I guess the guy on Youtube was wrong then. I should've checked. How big area do the Nazca lines cover anyway? Or Angkor Wat? Or maybe it doesn't matter...

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: purpleivan

originally posted by: Hellmutt

Not even close... just in latitude you'd be off by about 1.35 degrees (14.75 degrees South for Nazca vs 13.4 North for Angkor Wat). So you magical alignment would be out by about 150km.

Like all of these alignment theories, this one relies on inaccurate measurement and only including those locations that are convenient and ignoring all others. Which makes things easy given the enormous number of ancient sites to choose from.

I could come up with the same evidence for alignment of international airports or McDonalds restaurants.

The only problem with finding antipodal points on the planet is that our Earth isn't perfectly spherical.

It's considered an oblate spheroid because Earth's center to sea level is roughly 21 kilometers (13 miles) greater at the equator than at the poles. So it's tough to reject calculations like this one so easily.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
but land masses were in different positions long ago right? so they wouldn't of all lined up.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join