It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alignment Of Ancient Wonders Around The World: Intelligent Design?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
A NEW LOOK AT AN OLD DESIGN

THE PREHISTORIC ALIGNMENT OF WORLD WONDERS

BY JIM ALISON

PART I - ON THE LINE

Easter Island is exactly aligned along a straight line around the center of the Earth, with the Nazca lines, Ollantaytambo , Tassili n'Ajjer and the Great Pyramid of Egypt. Other world wonders that are within one tenth of one degree of this alignment include: Perseopolis, the capital city of ancient Persia; Mohenjo Daro, the ancient capital city of the Indus Valley; Khajuraho, the temple city of the Chandela empire in central India; the Oracle of Zeus-Amon at Siwa; and the lost city of Petra. The Ancient Sumarian city of Ur and Angkor temples in Cambodia and Thailand are within one degree of latitude of this alignment.

The alignment of these sites is easily observable on a globe of the Earth with a horizon ring. If you line up any two of these sites on the horizon ring, all of the sites will be right on the horizon ring. 3-D world atlas software programs can also draw this line around the Earth. Start on the Equator, at the mouth of the Amazon River, at 48� 36' West Longitude; go to 30� 22' North Latitude, 41� 24' East Longitude, in the Middle East, which is the maximum latitude the line touches; then go to the Equator at 131� 24' East Longitude, near the Northwest tip of New Guinea; then to 30� 22' South Latitude, 138� 36' West Longitude, in the South Pacific; and then back to 48� 36' West Longitude, at the Equator.

The circumference of this line around the center of the Earth is 24,892 miles. Along this line, the great circle distance from the Great Pyramid to Ollantaytambo is 7,472 miles, 30.0% of the circumference. Ollantaytambo is 2,579 miles from Easter Island, 10.3%. Easter Island is 10,096 miles from Angkor Wat, 40.6%. Angkor Wat is 2,490 miles from Mohenjo Daro, 10.0%. Mohenjo Daro is 2255 miles from from the Great Pyramid, 9.1%. In addition to calculating the distances between these sites as a percentage of the circumference of the Earth, the distances may also be calculated in degrees of the 360� circumference, by multiplying the percentage by 3.6. For example, the Great Pyramid is 108� away from Ollantaytambo. Near Ollantaytambo, Machupicchu is within one quarter of a degree and Cuzco is within one third of a degree of the alignment.

The Angkor temple at Prassat Preah Vihear, 90 miles Northeast of Angkor Wat, is within one fourth of one degree of the line. Bearing a striking visual resemblance to Angkor Wat, the temple at Phimai in Southeastern Thailand is within one half of one degree of the line. The ancient temple cities of Sukhothai in Thailand and Pyay in Myanmar are within one tenth of one degree of the line.

Halfway between Angkor Wat and the Great Pyramid is the Indus Valley, the city of Mohenjo Daro, and the unexcavated city of Ganweriwala, which is East of Mohenjo Daro, and thought to be just as large. Both of these sites are on the line between Angkor and the Great Pyramid. The Indus Valley is also antipodal to Easter Island. It is an interesting coincidence concerning these two sites, opposite each other on Earth, that of the few ancient written languages of the world that remain undeciphered, two are Indus Valley Script and Rongorongo, the written language of ancient Easter Island. The world's first known written languages, Egyptian Hieroglyphics and Sumerian Cuneiform, were also developed along this line of ancient sites. The Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Brahman and Buddhist religions, as well as ancient Egyptian and Peruvian religions, were also developed along this line.

Anatom Island is the southernmost Island in the new Republic of Vanuatu, formerly known as the New Hebrides. Anatom Island is exactly halfway between Easter Island and Angkor Wat 5,048 miles each way, or 20.3% of the circumference of the Earth. Stone ruins on Anatom Island once housed the largest missionary church in the southern hemisphere.

The line crosses over the source and the mouth of the Amazon, the mouth of the Nile, the mouth of the Tigris-Euphrates, the Indus River and the Bay of Bengal near the mouth of the Ganges.

The line also crosses over a number of areas of the world that are largely unexplored or unexcavated, including the Sahara Desert, the Brazilian Rainforest, the highlands of New Guinea, and underwater areas of the North Atlantic Ocean, the South Pacific Ocean and the South China Sea. For example, the midway point between the Great Pyramid and Machupicchu is in the North Atlantic Ocean, less than one degree south of the Cape Verde Islands. This is also the midway point between Easter Island and the Indus Valley. Although the Cape Verde Islands were found to be uninhabited when they were rediscovered in 1460 A.D., maps and geographical descriptions for the past 2000 years have shown this location to be the home of ancient island civilizations, including maps showing this location to be the site of Atlantis. In Plato's account of Atlantis, there was a mountainous region north of the city. Are the higher elevations of those mountains now the Cape Verde Islands?

CONTINUED AT:

home.hiwaay.net...

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Perfect Phi. An accident?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
yes WTF is up with all of that?! coincidence? NO WAY IN hell!!!!!!!!!!

youve got the pyramids @ Giza lined up with Alnitak, Mintaka, and Alnilam of the Orion constellation. Youev got Akngor Wat lined up with Draco.

mathematical coincidences within those ruins are also quite common. Like that thing where you calculate the dimensions of the Great Pyramids (dont remember what it adds up to be right now).

It's like they are all a form of communication; a beacon perhaps. why this isn't standard issue in our history books is very sad and disenlightening to young minds

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The UNESCO World Heritage list and this site, both site that are referred to one on that site, gives different numbers for the location of the wonders, examples:
UNESCO vs. other site
Eastern Island (27�07'00''S 109�22'00''W) vs. (27�06'S 109�20'W)
Nasca (14�50'60''S 74�57'0''W) vs. (14�42'S 75�06'W)
Gizah (30�0'12''N 31�10'32''E) vs. (29�59'N 31�09'E)
Angkor (13�26'N 103�50'E)

With Nasca, that's a difference of 23 km (14 miles).

Now let's look at the golden section ratio. With this site, that is also refered to on that site, I get:
Angkor - Gizah: 7621 km (4736 miles)
Gizah - Nasca: 12362 km (7681 miles)

That makes the ratio: 1.62209683
Phi is in reality: 1.61803399
That's a 0,2511% difference. Not really impressive for a highly advanced cultur. I think it's nothing but a nice co�ncedence. I think I can find a better matching triplet of wonders.

And why would ancient civilizations code the 137th, 138th, 139th, 359th, 360th and 361th Fibonacci numbers in the building places in miles. Once again I think this is nothing but a nice co�ncedence. You're bound to find to find some of these numbers if you try hard enough and if you can choose any unit you want (miles in this case).

In my opinion this is a just a nice co�ndence found if you try enough with different wonders. The author only uses wonders when they match his theory. What about all the wonders that are not on the line? He doesn't use Stonehenge on the line, but he does use it in one of his other numbers tricks.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
but what about the coincidental alignment of The pyramids at Giza with the stars of Orion during Zep Tepi, or "the first time", which was during 10,500 BC? hmmmmmm? and the same deal with Ankgor Wat?

"hey I know. lets build these big ass pyramids and align them with stars for no apparent reason!"
...meanwhile, across several thousand miles...
"hey I know! lets build this big ass temple whose major components will align with some stars for no apparent reason!"

and the shafts inside of the Great Pyramid which points directly to yet another star? sirius, I think? not sure right now, sorry. maybe it's one of the draco stars but I cannot remember for sure.

good point with the ability to get the numbers you want with using different methods of measurement, however.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
What has the alignment with the stars got to do with this subject? It's about all those wonders around the world being build with an intelligent design in mind.

That alignment with the stars doesn't prove anything, it just says the builders had a (probably regilious) fascination with the stars. I think the fascination with the stars above us is a part of the human psyche and that why different decided to build things according to those stars.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Howdy folks...

Might want to do a search on "ley lines"...

These are supposed by some to be mysticle lines of force or power, that crisscross the globe, and through a lot of these prehistoric wanders...

here is what Wikipedia says about them...

en2.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Excellent thread and good discussion.

All of these issues are related and tie into Draco.

The lizards have their hands on all of this design and it all traces back to them in one way or annother.

We all agree that the ancients were far more sophisticated than we have ever given them credit for. In some ways I expect that they will surprise us yet again in future with more hard to believe coincidences.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Sad to say this, but I know the alignments with stars. but never noticed the connection of the straight line... this is indeed interesting!

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Dont forget the sphynx faces the constelation leo as it was 12500 years ago... soryy if that has already been noted...

i have noticed a few posts lately in regards to ancient civs and the wonders of the world

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
too much evidence to be coincidenses. it's a wonder this isn't widely known. just more proof of the conpiracies that surround us. great post

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Conservative historians are old men tha are reluctant to change their views on ideas they feel are already established... they fail to realise we will always learn more about our own history and we need to be flexible and accept new ideas...

it is just a matter of time before the truth comes out

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Read a theory in a fantasy book that used some of the ley line idea. The concept was that these places were built to harness the energy (magnetic?) of the planet. Something like that...

Interesting thread though!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Dont forget the sphynx faces the constelation leo as it was 12500 years ago... soryy if that has already been noted...

Wow, one of all those wonders matched up with one of our constellations an arbitrary time ago. Sorry for the sarcasm, but you're bound to found that some wonders match with stars. How do you even know the egyptians ago had the same constellations?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by amantine

Originally posted by specialasianX

Wow, one of all those wonders matched up with one of our constellations an arbitrary time ago. Sorry for the sarcasm, but you're bound to found that some wonders match with stars.

doesn't matter. Akngor Wat lined up with draco, giza with orion, and the sphinx with leo, all in the same time period. the point is, it's not as likely to be a coincidense, as they are at the same time..

How do you even know the egyptians ago had the same constellations?

whatever they called what we call orion, it's no coincidense that the pyramids at giza are in the same positions as Alnitak, Mintaka, and Alnilam. and doesn't also seem noncoincidental that the sphinx, it's body being that of a feline, is lined up with Leo, the lion constellation?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I was astounded when I read through these pages. Is it a coincidence, or was it planned?

I can't believe it was all an accident. To me what this shows is that there was worldwide civilization long ago, and they understood the size, and shpe of the earth.

The real question is WHY?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Arch Angel, excellant thought provoking post.

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
The concept was that these places were built to harness the energy (magnetic?) of the planet.

I believe that is correct.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
each planet has ley lines, which are where the magnetic fields are most powerful. What one must understand about the Tower of babel is it wasnt a tall building. Satan has domain only up to the 3rd heaven. At mt Olive is jacob's ladder, where angels ascend to/descend from heaven. Good ones that is. By building magnetic grids through the planets Satan hopes to be able to ascend "like the most high". To try and over take heaven one last time. Almost all ancient religions had blood sacrifices along these ley lines, which Satan operates off negative electromagnetic energy, i imagine this provides great charge. Stonehenge itself is a ancient "battery" for spirits, there are hundreds of sacrifices buried underneath it. Ever wonder why Kennedy and Lincoln were both killed along the 33rd parallel? And Freemasons have 33 degrees? 13 & 33 , are the highest occult numbers , along with 9.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   

And why would ancient civilizations code the 137th, 138th, 139th, 359th, 360th and 361th Fibonacci numbers in the building places in miles. Once again I think this is nothing but a nice co�ncedence

Pretty much sums it up...

There is an alignment though it isn't mathematic...I'd suggest looking into "ley lines" to find the answer....
(Doh! just noticed the previous post mentions them) However, I'm talking about ley lines as they pertain to geomagnetic properties and the fabric of space/time, not Satan....

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Versions of this great circle drawn on the globe that include Stone Henge, Rome, someplace in Australia, etc. Catching 5 locations, 2 of which are only significant because they happen to fall on that circle, it's not very difficult.

I'd like to hear why it is significant that the pyrimids line up with Orion, or that the sphinx looks at leo? As was said, the ancients looked at the stars too. You need to line stuff up with something. I lined up the foundation of my mothers house when we built it with the rising sun on the solstice, just because I thought it would be neat and it was arbitrary anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join