It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gef the talking mongoose???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Heck, if they could make a film out of the Cottingly Fairies hoax, Gef the movie doesn't seem that far fetched.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
If it was a hoax it was very creative. A mongoose ghost is not something you hear of every day...

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I have been reading a lot about Gef today because I heard the song "eighth wonder" and my friend said it was about a talking mongoose. I looked it up and, until this website, I have found no information what so ever stating that it was a hoax. Professionals believe it was not a poltergeist, which doesn't surprise me. On one website, somebody mentioned that Gef had once said to be "A holy spirit". This freaks me out on so many levels, but I thought about it. If he was a ghost or "holy spirit", how could he have been born? Also, how did he get from india, and why was he alive? And why a mongoose? Has there ever been any sign of a mongoose speaking or even showing signs of high intelligence before?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I did some research and found out that the YELLOW MONGOOSE, commonly found in AFRICA and INDIA, perfectly fits Gef's description-bushy tail, the yellowy color and-my favourite part-yellow mongooses (mongeese?)are smaller than the average mongoose! I think that, if Gef was real, he was a yellow mongoose. Now to solve the rest of the mystery....

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I just found out that there is an old indian legdend that says if you spend enough time with a mongoose, train it and care for it(This could take an incredibly long time), you would be able to teach it to speak. If this was a hoax, i am trying to figure out how this 13 year old girl formulated it so perfectly. Also, somebody said she was alive and not talking-she died five years ago. According to her journals, Gef was living with her at the time of her death.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowboy Clint

If you just google "ghost animals" you will get a long list replete with photos.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FudgeStix

Not true Voirrey (the name of the daughter) was interviewed in 1970 and stuck to her story that it was no hoax and that the existance of gef had ruined her life which made me feel quite sad, you would think she would have some affection for the strange little creature

www.forteantimes.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
been doing a bit more digging. gef said he was a marsh mongoose this litte fellow

www.wildherps.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
My youngest daughter and i were talking about this a few days ago! I read about this mongoose many years ago,in a book called The Secret Life of Animals.In that book he was referred to as Gref,not Gef,though.One of the things he was reported to have said,was: "I am a ghost and a freak from the 5th dimension" This story has always fascinated me.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Rikki Tikki Tavi was a talking mongoose.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

another gef quote “If you knew what I know, you’d know a hell of a lot!”

apparently gef is pronounced geoff

got to love this story
edit on 20-3-2012 by dashdespatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Jeff probably sounded like these animals and people just attributed messages to the sounds. Good job nobody was hung. This cat sounds like he witnessed a murder and old man Johnson is getting the blame.

edit on 21-3-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptHowdy

rikki tikki tavi was a mongoose but im pretty sure he couldnt talk

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
gef is now a comic book charecter!

semi-charmed.smackjeeves.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Who cares if the mongoose was talking. What was he saying is what interests me.

Little johny found a mouse that talked. he brought it home to his parents and the mouse wasn't saying much. They fed it some cheese and the mouse began to talk. Lets call the mouse ricky, because that's my assumed name and I won't forget it. The father was so happy, and so was johny. Now johny's dad showed his wife how the mouse would talk when he gave it cheese, and sure enough the mouse started to talk but didn't even eat. Johny was a little confused because the mouse didn't eat but his parents were happy. They called over johnys uncle and they showed him the mouse and when they gave him the cheese the mouse again started babbling away. Everyone was happy and Johny's mom was talking about it will make here famous and she tried to call to get a spot on Ellen so everyone could enjoy the mouse. Johny's dad was ecstatic thinking how much the mouse could make them if they sold it and Johny's single uncle was thinking how it might attract women for him and it could be the life of the party. Well everyone was getting a little hungry and they had lots of cheese so made some grilled cheese sandwiches. Johny decided his mouse might need the cheese so saved his supper for the mouse, those greedy people weren't worrying about his mouse. Everyone was beat from being so exited that they put Rickymouse into an old aquarium and went to sleep. The next morning Johny went to see the mouse and he was fine and talking up a storm but still wouldn't eat. Johny was worried so went to wake his mother. She wouldn't wake up and neither would his father. His uncle was sleeping on the couch and wasn't responding either. Johny went back to the mouse and said he couldn't get his parents up. The mouse slowly said to Johny "I was trying to tell them all along not to eat the cheese, it's poison but noone paid attention".
edit on 3-4-2012 by rickymouse because: capitalization

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Yes i remember reading about Gef in an old library book about the paranormal. It sounded way too strange to be true but it is a very interesting story

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Who cares if the mongoose was talking. What was he saying is what interests me.

what was it that he said that you find interesting

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This is trippy.

Second line.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
How exactly does someone/something know when and where they are born without being told about it or knowing the language before hand? I know I wouldn't have known.

Interesting story none the less

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 4-4-2012 by strafgod because: Lol knowning is a funny typo

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by imherejusttoread

what do you mean?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join