It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyes - window to the soul? possibly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
We all heard the saying about how eyes are the window to the soul. Eyes do tell a lot about a person when they're speaking or not.

Eyes May Really Be the Window to the Soul
Squiggles of color could indicate a tender heart
by Boonsri Dickinson

Mats Larsson, a psychology graduate student at Örebro University in Sweden has linked iris patterns to personality traits. Larsson took photos of 428 volunteers’ eyes and administered a standard personality test. He then counted the frequency of crypts (squiggly lines radiating out from the pupil) and furrows (circular lines curving around the outer edge of the iris). He found that a low frequency of crypts was significantly associated with tender-mindedness, warmth, trust, and positive emotions, whereas more distinct and extended furrows were associated with impulsiveness.

His results might seem strange, but Larsson notes that earlier studies have tenuously linked darker eyes to higher scores on extroversion, neuroticism, and sociability, although the effects seem to fade after early childhood. And, he adds, brain and eye development are closely linked in utero, so the appearance of distinctive eye traits might well be related to patterns of brain differences. For example, Larsson points to a gene called PAX6, which controls iris tissue growth. Intriguingly, mutations in PAX6 have also been linked with high rates of unusual behavior, including poor impulse control and abnormalities in associated brain structures, like the left cingulate cortex. Still, cautions Larsson, looking deep into people’s eyes won’t give you irrefutable insight into their personality. “We’ve only looked at group effects,” he says. “It’s not possible to describe an individual’s personality from our data.”

source

Also, depending on which of the 4 corners your eyes are looking, it's possible to know the following:

Here we have a site that talks about the symbolism of the eye throughout history. You can also discover past lives of yourself. I will try and it and post my findings (as soon as I find a flashlight).

The eyes are indeed the windows to the soul. The eye is a lens which allows us to see and become consciously aware of our experience in third dimension. The eye has a pupil. We are pupils in a university experiencing reality through the lens of time.

To understand how the eye is the window to the soul - there are 2 techniques you can use - alone or with one other person. Alone ... stand in front of a mirror in the dark. Shine a flashlight below your face pointing upward. Now stare at the eyes in the mirror and you shall see your image change into many people - some may not be human - all are whom are aspects of your soul experiencing in other grids. To do this with another person ... sit across from the person in a dimly lit - or dark room. Place the flashlight below your face again. This will enable the other person to see you in other lives and tell you what they see as they look through the windows of your soul. They may also see themselves in that lifetime with you. Next repeat this by looking into the other person's eyes. It is important not to move while do this form of scrying. To truly be skilled at this - you will take the other person - or yourself - to their 'soul spark' of light. It is the flicker of light - white - blue - purple - that you sometimes see in the periphery of your field of vision - for only a scond. Always remember - your experience here is just that.

source

Perhaps there is a lot of things the human eye can tell us about ourselves and each other?

Also, does the fact you have poor eyesight mean anything? Dude, where's my soul?

EDIT - Correct links

[edit on 13-8-2007 by quintar]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Good thread. I tend to agree with this.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Wow, I'd need to find my flashlight and try this out.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I can tell you that a person's eyes reveals a lot about them. A person who doesn't have any "light" in their eye, you may want to avoid because they are at the brink of doing something that isn't kosher. The lack of "light" in the eye is a sign of desperation and sorrow.

Also, "insanity" also shows through the eye.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Very interesting. Eyes are also essential for reading people, finding out whats really going on in your head. Eyes give you away when your lying (along with stance, positioning, body language).
Eye love Eyes

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
An interesting thing happened to me once when I was staring at my eyes in the mirror for an extended period.

I was attempting to look into the pupils and after a bit I wasn't seeing anymore but instead was experiencing something that seemed to be happening inside my head.

I heard (in my mind) was sounded like a tight cassette tape rewinding, then it was like the expression "my life passed before my eyes" as if I was dead and standing to be judged for my experience here on earth.

Funny thing is that the things that went by (very rapidly I must add) was experienced as the intent that was underlying the actual event. Like it cut through the appearances and read my heart.

Yep, that was unusual and I will always remember it.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It was weird, one day my family went to visit a bunch of our old farming relatives that we haven't seen in years. After a meal we were all wondering around in the dinner room talking to each other about various things. One of the first things they said to me and my bro was that we wouldn't be interested in farm talk because our eyes showed that we where more like computer people and more intellectual. They where dead on, I just found it was weird that they said they could tell because of our eyes. Just wanted to share, seems related.

Also, I have read an article some time ago pointing out that; the reason why most people who use computers all the time need to wear glasses because, from staring at a still screen without redirecting their eyes for long periods of time cause the socket muscles to weaken, miss-shaping the eye causing the individual to loose vision.

It seems that plenty of actions in ones life affects their eyes.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by halfmask]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfmask
Also, I have read an article some time ago pointing out that; the reason why most people who use computers all the time need to wear glasses because, from staring at a still screen without redirecting their eyes for long periods of time cause the socket muscles to weaken, miss-shaping the eye causing the individual to loose vision.

Exactly what happened to me - I have to wear glasses to watch TV these days PURELY from working at a computer too much. It eventually dried my tears up too, so I can't cry and my eyes are always dry and irritated (I have artificial tears for that tho).

Also have to wear sunglasses even when its overcast because of the excessive quantity of painkillers (opiates) I take for chronic pain. Apparently, my optician said I could permanently damage my eyes if I didn't because my pupils are so dilated.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I have always believedin this. I think that's why, for me, eye contact is a challenging thing. I fear that i may read into the person wrong, or too much(ex. sexually) by their eyes, as I try to avoid that contact, that's of course unless I know them very well. I've even tried this with people, certain times eye contact has even lead to intense relationships, as if I knew the person deep down.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I wish more people contributed to this thread - would like to know what others think about this.

I for one think (or kinda know) that the eyes are the window to the soul. Seeing and understanding the relationship between ones' eyes and personality and even physical stature comes natural to some I think. You can judge someone on their body language, or the type of music they listen to, or the clothes they ware, but the eyes are the most telling and reveal the inner person/soul.

I also believe the facial features contribute to the expression of the soul, not saying you should judge others as soon as you take a first glance because most can't tell a person from their looks.

I think I'm contributing to a dead thread...oh well, felt like typing my insight.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The eyes can change

I remember having a rendez vous with a sweet maiden once
and we made love all night and in the morning as well
I looked into her eyes they were lit up like shining a light into a crystal
the reverse is true as well eyes can be dark and mysterious on the same person.
light plays a roll but also mood and mabe even self esteem can play a roll in it
your eyes do not have a fixed colour it can fluctuate in intensity and even change slightly

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I've always wondered why and where the expression came from, "eyes are windows to a persons soul". Has anyone tried the flashlight experiment?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by solo1

I know some people's eyes change colors and eyes do change, depends on how your feeling mostly.

Eye can also change form personal experiences, may it be bad or good. They don't physically change, but one change most noticeable is where the eyes look. I don't know if I sound crazy, but I think older souls with more experiences with life (wisdom) have a deeper understanding of reading people's eyes and have increased intuition (kinda guessing there).

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiigurl
I've always wondered why and where the expression came from, "eyes are windows to a persons soul". Has anyone tried the flashlight experiment?

I haven't tried the flashlight experiment, but it seems unbelievable to me, unless I try and have success or if other ATS members know it to be true.

I don't know where the expression came form either, but before I even heard it, I knew it to be true.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by quintar

The eyes are indeed the windows to the soul. The eye is a lens which allows us to see and become consciously aware of our experience in third dimension. The eye has a pupil. We are pupils in a university experiencing reality through the lens of time.

To understand how the eye is the window to the soul - there are 2 techniques you can use - alone or with one other person. Alone ... stand in front of a mirror in the dark. Shine a flashlight below your face pointing upward. Now stare at the eyes in the mirror and you shall see your image change into many people - some may not be human - all are whom are aspects of your soul experiencing in other grids. To do this with another person ... sit across from the person in a dimly lit - or dark room. Place the flashlight below your face again. This will enable the other person to see you in other lives and tell you what they see as they look through the windows of your soul. They may also see themselves in that lifetime with you. Next repeat this by looking into the other person's eyes. It is important not to move while do this form of scrying. To truly be skilled at this - you will take the other person - or yourself - to their 'soul spark' of light. It is the flicker of light - white - blue - purple - that you sometimes see in the periphery of your field of vision - for only a scond. Always remember - your experience here is just that.

source

I've heard of this experiment. I was told it's something Rosicrucians are taught to do. A meditation technique that allows you to see your ancestors or whatever.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791
reply to post by solo1

I know some people's eyes change colors and eyes do change, depends on how your feeling mostly.

Eye can also change form personal experiences, may it be bad or good. They don't physically change, but one change most noticeable is where the eyes look. I don't know if I sound crazy, but I think older souls with more experiences with life (wisdom) have a deeper understanding of reading people's eyes and have increased intuition (kinda guessing there).

yes i was reading somewhere (possibly when i was researching NLP and EFT) but undoubtedly written about in alot of spots that when the eyes look down people are focusing on a feeling/emotion eyes up and left (remembering something that occured) , eyes up and right (imagining something/ lying) and so on.

good information to know to help your w/ communication skills, and i am hoping to do the eye /light experiment. Good topic

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join