It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Radiation Detected in back of Car in Jersey City

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

High Radiation Detected in back of Car in Jersey City

www.breitbart.tv

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I have included this scale as the embicillic reporter failed to say anything about dosages.

The NRC also requires that doses be kept "as low as reasonably achievable" (ALARA). The limits are set as maxima which must not be exceeded but the goal is to keep doses as far below these limits as is practical.

TABLE 11-1
Dose Limits per Year Radiation Workers: Dose
Total Effective Dose Equivalent (TEDE) 5 rem
Dose Equivalent to the Eye 15 rem
Shallow Dose Equivalent to skin, extremities 50 rem
TEDE to any other individual organ 50 rem
TEDE to embryo/fetus of declared pregnant woman 0.5 rem
Minors Ten percent of worker limit

Members of the Public 0.1 rem Thats us for year!

Jersey is also home to one of the East Coasts largest Muslim population, and so tension runs high on a daily basis with the police. Its also where an Egyptian christian family was murdered in hate related crime. Muslims themselves call it
Terror City

If you ever are God Forbid exposed here is what to expect:
Radiation affects

Police and HAZMAT are seen removing box from unknown car..
Ihope they intercepted something before it happened. Jersey city ports just got their radiation detectors..It was at a fender bender no less.

www.breitbart.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Sys_Config]

[edit on 13-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Couldn't see any radiation suits in the background - hope thats a good sign, but then I don't know how far the cordon was.

Will be watching with interest.

Isn't Fox know for being a bit sensationalist? I'm in UK so don't see it a lot

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
seems there was a box marked radioactive material in the trunk of a car in an accident and the kid driving the car works for a company who takes soil samples

www.nj.com.../base/news-4/1186984899277260.xml&coll=3

and

www.nj.com.../base/news-4/1186984899277260.xml&coll=3

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Soil samples, so storm in a tea cup in all probability.

There was a story here on ATS a while back about a govt operation where they invented a company, applied for the certificate to purchase a number of detectors (which had a certain amount of radioactive material in them), and just using a PC and scanner I think, they forged the cert to allow them to purchase something like 450 - enough to cause a bit of bother apparently - any one else remember that? Don't think it's relevant here tho, the kid was prob over the limit, or not insured or something. They only saw the warning sign, then they called the air quality guys in, I used to occasionally have a bit of kit with a (small) radioactive triangle on it in my van.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It makes sense because you know any soil samples from Jersey City is going to be radioactive.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm surprised then at the use of High level as that is very unusual to have in a back seat. I took radiation biology and know that even so called low levels can be hazardous. If the soil in jersey city was that bad..(excluding heavy toxic ) metals..samples would be in a proper container. If they were an official group I am glad they did get stopped for sloppy handling of such material during public transport.. If the accident had been worse you would have had an even greater problem.

Super moderators thank you for putting the Video. I do not have the knack of your system yet except on a rudimentary level. Thank you.

SyS

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I think it could it be a terrorist dry run. They are testing how fast the cops can catch them before they can fulfill their plot and finding loopholes in our security system. Other than that, it could be just coincidence that the car contained radioactive material at the wrong place and wrong time.

Here are the possibilities listed:

-Terrorist Dry Run
-Terrorist Wannabe
-Prank
-Coincidence Car Containing Radiation
-Malfunction of Sensors

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It makes no sense if it was terrorism related ... why are they wasting all their resources trying to attack the more heavily secured locations? Anything involving the NYC area or a major major city like Chicago, LA, etc is sure to fail due to heavy security and terrorist attack preparedness by local government, law enforcement and fire/rescue agencies.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It is not just the big cities the terrorists want to destroy; they want to destroy all American cities and its citizens unless we convert to Islam. So you never know where the terrorists are going to strike next.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The guy probably had a Stratagauge or some other sort of soil compaction meter that uses Cesium.

It's pretty commonplace to use gamma rays or neutrons to test soil. So the cops most likely bravely captured a CPN soil tester.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan5647
It is not just the big cities the terrorists want to destroy; they want to destroy all American cities and its citizens unless we convert to Islam. So you never know where the terrorists are going to strike next.

Exactly, this is exactly the reason I feel that the next one will not occur in a major city but rather a suburban community or medium to large sized city ... they want to send us a message that they can strike us anywhere and what a better way to do it then strike in the middle of Americana in your typical suburban community or small city? Everyone suspects NYC, LA, Chicago, etc and is diverting all resources to those cities when the next one could occur in a community on Long Island or Westchester County or maybe a small city like Rochester, NY or possibly even Syracuse, NY. Afterall, who in those areas would suspect a terrorist attack and would therefore be more likely to ignore the warning signs and suspicious activities.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
People in the geotechnical engineering field use what is called a Nuclear Density Gauge to determine the density of the soil being tested in order to determine if the soil is capable of holding certain weights. The NDG is used by driving a small stake down into the soil and in that stake there happens to be a very small amount of radioactive material, which then is measured through the soil to calculate density levels.

Just thought I would share.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If you watch the Fox video capture, the reporter on the scene pauses about 49 seconds in...long pause, about a second or two. This occurs right after he says the box showed high levels of radioactivity. After the pregnant pause, he stumbles and fumbles through the rest of the piece, backtracking and saying there's no danger. At the very end, the studio anchor-bimbo says emphatically "NO RADIOACTIVITY".
What is interesting is the pause. I've been heavily involved in audio recording the past 3-4 years. I took the raw audio into my home studio and zoomed in on the pause. There is a very obvious, but muffled male voice in that pause. I isolated that section of audio, removed some background noise, and increased the volume. To me, it sounds like a man's voice saying "Tell them there's no radioactivity". At this point, the reporter on scene stumbles and "uh's" for a second, then proceeds to attempt to "muddy the waters" about what he just said, and at the very end, the studio anchor says "no radioactivity".
I'll be back in a few minutes to post some audio isolating the unknown voice. I suspect it came from the field reporter's ear piece. Sounds very "telephone-y". Hang on...Andy

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan5647
...And by George (no pun intended) they's gonna git us any day now. Beware, put down your bible and head to Ali Babba's Koran Shop on 5th avenue in NY, and get youself a suitable Koran. They come in all colors and sizes. Carry it around with you and if you see anyone of middle eastern desent, hold it up and say "Ala" 3x and you will be safe.
I have a snazzy pink and black one- dont read it, it own it for protekchon.

I dont want to get hurt and i want all those terrists gone knowing that we can also worship "their" God- Just go back and dont hurt us.

I'm thinking of opening up a Koran Shop of my own. I have a feeling i could make some good money since we need to flip to that book...in order to survive.

Seriously,, i wonder how much a Franchise would be?

/

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hmm..well, it would be pretty helpful if the reporter on the scene could actually speak english! Maybe he was excited or panicky? It was pretty damn hard to make sense of a lot of what he was saying - most sentences just didn't make much sense.

J.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Okay, here's a link to a site where I've posted the raw audio from the news cast, as well as an enhanced clip of the "pause" where you can hear the dude telling the reporter what to say. www.soundclick.com...

Let me know if I'm hearing things. Please listen to the raw audio first and listen for the pause about 49 seconds into it. You should hear something. The enhanced clip is just that pause amplified and with some noise reduction. Tell me if I'm off base here. To me this sounds pretty obvious, but I know I'm not infallible. Thanks! Andy

edited for spelling, duh!

[edit on 13-8-2007 by drumist69]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'll be back in a few minutes to post some audio isolating the unknown voice. I suspect it came from the field reporter's ear piece. Sounds very "telephone-y". Hang on...Andy

Interesting - which would explain why it made no sense to me....good spot!

J

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
But I guess you heard something, then, jimbo? Audio is posted per above.. Andy

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Wow! You're right alright! It sounds like: 'Tell them there's radioactivity' But that would not make much sense....but - if we missed the first word (but the reporter didn't) it could just as easily be: 'Don't tell them there's radioactivity'.
Which would make complete sense - as the reporter immediately starts contrdicting his previous statements and stumbling verbally all over the place...

Does not look too good there....

PLUS - it seems to show FOX actively colluding with someone (goverment?) in order to spread dis-information. Smoking gun? Just could be!

Good find!

J.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join