It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid , Gateway to the Abyss, and the ELF connection.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
im sorry, thats my style.

I found that ages ago when i let big blocks of info get past me i forget important parts and because of such, my arguments suffered.

Also, this means that anyone can understand what im discussing. Very simple.

Ill try to pick bigger parts, but i wont promise anything, alright?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If you view all myth as pure fiction There is no reason to argue this point with you.

I think that The gods of ancient Egypt weren't some mass hallucination, I think that on some level they were "real" maby not by Websters definition of "gods" but that they existed and exhibited some quality or another that was considered by people to be extraordinary.

In fact, this entire theory is predicated on the idea the God of the Bible and the Devil of the Bible are as real as you and i. Do you want me to prove that to you?
If you do, Id be happy to try, but lets start a new thread.

As far as the emerald tablet, to say its irrelevant because it was written by someone claiming to be a god is missing the point completely. It is at least
as old as 650AD even if it was intended to be a seventh century comic book its still has historical properties by the virtue of its age. my points were based on this not the divinity of thoth.
en.wikipedia.org...

In addition If you go to the original website for the article you will find it thoroughly referenced, again you wont find proof that God exists, but you will find sources for all the claims made.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by Amenti]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   

If you view all myth as pure fiction There is no reason to argue this point with you.

Well if it is myth then it is fiction.
If it is a folk tale it has a moral
if it is a legend, it has basis in real world events

That is the current accepted terminology on the subject.

I think that The gods of ancient Egypt weren't some mass hallucination

No, it was a religion. The reason why things are how they are.

I think that on some level they were "real" maby not by Websters definition of "gods" but that they existed and exhibited some quality or another that was considered by people to be extraordinary.

Like having a Scarab beetle or a frog for a head?

In fact, this entire theory is predicated on the idea the God of the Bible and the Devil of the Bible are as real as you and i.

If they are real then so is the Flying Spaghetti monster.

Anyway, i want to have a long talk with God. I will not be humbled before any being, no matter how powerful they claim to be. Just because he says he is a god doesnt mean he is better than me, or any human.

Do you want me to prove that to you?
If you do, Id be happy to try, but lets start a new thread.

I'd rather not. I think an open thread will be cluttered with bible lovers and overzealous Athiests too quickly. Something restricted to you and i would suffice.

As far as the emerald tablet, to say its irrelevant because it was written by someone claiming to be a god is missing the point completely. It is at least
as old as 650AD. even if it was intended to be a seventh century comic book its still has historical properties by the virtue of its age

650 AD is incredibly young.

A few things which i will point out to you which throws doubt on the story.

Egypt doesnt have a 'creation story' as such. The world begins every day at sunrise and ends every night. Every single day Seth is standing on the front of the barge of Ra, killing the great Serpent. Every day Ra ascends into his palace and closes the door, creating sunset.

the thing is though, that Many Egyptian stories claim that the gods left the realm of direct human rule because mankind plotted against the first King of the world, Ra.

So from that time, only human rulers have led Egypt. they claim to be a descendant (usually a son) of Ra, and the Worldly incarnation of Horus or Seth or both.

So with all the Egyptian sources saying that gods dont appear on the earth anymore, why do we suddenly have a source from 650 AD? After the Greeks, after the Romans, etc. That time is way too late to be taken with any seriousness.

With recent conversation with some good friends of mine, i will concede i was too harsh in attacking the link between Thoth and Hermes. They do have a link i didnt notice before.

again you wont find proof that God exists, but you will find sources for all the claims made.

I perused it all, took a good long look and have come to this conclusion.

Once again, it is an ambiguous source. Which has been overinterpreted in one way. It may prove god exists, it may point out how not to turn lead into gold.

All it does is bring it down to faith. Whether you take the Evidence at face value, or if you question it.

Faith is something i dont do. It is obviously something you do.

I need more evidence for every claim, you dont seem to need it.

I dont understand you, i dont think you understand me.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
"Well if it is myth then it is fiction.
If it is a folk tale it has a moral
if it is a legend, it has basis in real world events

That is the current accepted terminology on the subject. "

What a dinkus.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I think the need to know about the origins of ancient Egypt are so overwhelming for those that actually have the access and permissions, that they have already found many things that they are not sharing with the outside world. This is their legacy and property, and I do not think they are sitting around discussing it, rather they are doing it.

Think about it... if you owned these sites, and you only live so long... and with the science available today, you have opportunities that have never been available before, would you not be busy finding out for yourself what exists below these structures? I know I would, and I would consider outsiders not invested enough to be part of it, and an unneeded and unwanted distraction in the process.

Perhaps they will reveal what they have found soon enough, but only after they have conducted active archaeology on their own terms, and satisfied themselves with the revelations of actually knowing what is there first.

IMO, but considering how history has treated them in the past, and of course, how they have treated others... it seems the most logical scenario to me.

edit on 8-5-2017 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
“Forth I came from my body,
a glittering flame in the night.
Stood I before the LORD,
bathed in the fire of LIFE.
Seized was I then by a force,
great beyond knowledge of man.
Cast was I to thee Abyss
through spaces unknown to man.
Saw I the moldings of Order
from the chaos and angles of night.
Saw I the LIGHT, spring from Order
and heard the voice of the Light.
Saw I the flame of the Abyss,
casting forth Order and Light.
Saw Order spring out of chaos.
Saw Light giving forth Life."

In other words, Egyptians worshipped black holes as bringer of life and order, rather than imprisoner.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join