It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost Hit A Deer!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by secret titan
Actually come to think of it, I didn't hit the deer, it hit me! That really messed the car up. I still can't believe they yelled at me. I had no time to slow down or anything.

The deer I hit was just standing there I was on it before I knew it. I thought oh gee. If I had a bigger road I could have avoided it.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Apparently there are many members with horror stories.I'm so glad we didn't have an accident. I mean really the car isn't worth more than scrap metal to me anyway. It's the thought of being hurt or worse.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hit a deer on the Blue Ridge Parkway in western NC while doing about 60 on my motorcycle. Knocked me off the road where I hit a stump and was launched about 30 yards downrange with the bike chasing me in the air doing flips on it's long axis. Deer actually hit me from the left side, almost like it was trying to bite my front tire. It eventually got up off the road and hobbled away into the woods, probably to die. I got up and hobbled to my totalled motorcycle and considered how lucky I was. I should have been dead but landed in the grass. The bike didn't hit me but landed about 5 ft away from me. Like I said, lucky.

I used to really look down on hunters as I do not believe in killing for sport. Now though, I am more aware of how many deer there are and how they really have no natural predators anymore. Shoot one for me, Joe-Bob. LOL.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Apparently there are many members with horror stories.I'm so glad we didn't have an accident. I mean really the car isn't worth more than scrap metal to me anyway. It's the thought of being hurt or worse.

I have only come close to hitting a deer once in my entire life, knock on wood. Another time a deer jumbed a fence and just almost jumped in the passenger window while I was going somewhere with my brother but she changed her mind.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ambient Sound, I must say you are VERY lucky.Good Gosh.Scary thought.
Thing is I love motorcycles too, and was going to get my license for that next.Geez.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I actually have had two "encounters" with white tail. I was driving my Bronco when a deer jumped out in front of me; I laid rubber down and while I did hit it I was only going about 10 mph so neither the deer or my rig was hurt.

The second incident happened while I was on my way to work. It was snowing pretty hard so I was going slowly. It was a curvy road out in the country. I came around a bend and there was a herd of deer in the middle of the road; just standing there looking up at the snow falling. I was half expecting one to elbow the other and say something along the order of look Mabel it's snowing. Silly deer; they finally moved out of the road but it was really strange.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Gallopinghordes.We have the same problem with deer in the winter here as well.Quite often many of them are gathered by the side of the road near our home which is unfortunately a "feeding station" where hay and other food is placed for them.Even though there are warning signs posted, I have never been comfortable with this.In the middle of an Alberta clipper style blizzard where you can't see your hand in front of your face,it would be very easy not to see them crossing and have a serious accident.I have lived here 6 years, and every winter there has been at least 3 collisions on this small stretch of road, barely a half a mile.Luckily no one killed-yet.:shk:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Burnt Offering

Were you going somewhere exciting and she wanted to come too? Just realized she wouldn't fit in the car?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Here's a link to a man who hit one, his name is Joe.

*WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE AND GRAPHIC IMAGES*

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

Ok. Definitely disturbing images there.And uh yeah, I think he needs to lay off the
.And expand his vocabulary due to the overuse of a word.
I must say though, Iam ROFLMAO!

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It's hard to believe that this is a true 911 call; but it is, it has been verified. Joe is really out there somewhere. I'm not sure if I should be more concerned about accidentally hitting a deer or meeting Joe. (And I'm not prejudiced, this situation was just incredible).

STM

Note: Fluffy was really cool, he knew what he was doing.

Extra Note: You do realize that Joe carried the deer into the phone booth with him. Sorta completes the picture.

[edit on 8/17/2007 by seentoomuch]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join