It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing Diet Might Allow You To See Infrared

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Changing Diet Might Allow You To See Infrared

Vision scientists knew that retinal, the derivative of vitamin A, was part of every photopigment molecule and that various forms of vitamin A existed. If the retina could be encouraged to use some alternative form of vitamin A in its manufacture of photopigments, the spectral sensitivity of those photopigments would be abnormal, perhaps extending into infrared radiation.

There's some food for thought. The source references a book that, unfortunately I don't own. And that's all I can find thus far.

Could humans posses a dormant ability to percieve EM frequencies outside the visible spectrum?

[edit on 8/13/2007 by Rev_Godslapper]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
This sounds like a pretty interesting topic, it would be good to see if it was true. Is there any more on this?

-fm

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
We already can see infrared, but you need to block out everything else. here is a site to make a pair of goggles for about $10.

amasci.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I've seen those goggles before snap, but I want to know if eye cone threshold can be altered. The brain would probably process the new frequencies as colors we're already familiar with.

I can't find anymore information now, but I'm still looking. I'm going to the library today to see if they have that book referenced in the link. I guess there's not a whole lot of research in the area.

Maybe someone more knowledgable than I, can point to more resources.

top topics

join