It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware! You Could Overdose On Espresso Coffee!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

A teenager was taken to hospital after overdosing on espresso coffee.

Jasmine Willis, 17, developed a fever and began hyperventilating after drinking seven double espressos while working at her family's sandwich shop.

"My nerves were all over the place. I was drenched. I was burning up and hyperventilating. I was having palpitations, my heart was beating so fast and I thought I was going into shock.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Jeez! The next time you want to have a binge with espresso coffee, think twice. You could land up gasping on a hospital bed and your life could be hanging on a worn out thread!

I prefer my beer instead! Cheers!

[edit on 13-8-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
No doubt OD-ing on coffee concentrate can be risky, for some coffee can be an asset: a recent CBC piece "3 coffees a day keep memory loss at bay for older women: study" or from 2000, "Caffeine may fight Parkinson's: study" or from 2004, "Drinking coffee lowers diabetes risk, study confirms". What seems most salient is the misuse of this common stimulant. It's common sense that seems uncommon sometimes. Ah, coffee time!

Cheers,

Vic

EDIT: To add that while on my coffee break I discovered this nifty CBC interactive piece called, "Coffee: Good Cup, Bad Cup?". Enjoy!

[edit on 13-8-2007 by V Kaminski]

join