It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Staged terrorist attack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Ok so there has been alot of ideas swarming around suggesting or out right declaring that the government is going to stage or let another terrorist attack happen on U.S soil.

While i see the motive behind doing it...more gov control...get us into iran etc etc.. i just dont see why they would do it now and how they expect to get away with it. here is what got me thinking.

So im on you tube this evening and i watch the documentary loose change. and as im listening to what is being said i flash back to a week or so ago when i watched the video that was posted on here claiming that it was impossible to debunk it. and then i think to myself "if this is all how it really went down on september 11th why is the gov allowing people to be listening to the truth everyday? even if it isnt completely true, the simple fact that 99% of the population in the united states doesnt believe they can completely trust their government means that videos like these are only going to make it worse.

i know that it would throw down huge red flags if the government infringed on our freedom of speech by taking videos like these down. but it just seems to me that it would be extreemly dangerous and humiliating for the adminstration to allow an even to happen or stage one for its own personal gain when the american people are going to be looking at them knowing they are full of b.s.

what it all comes down to is the president and the people that work for him are still human. noone likes being humiliated, or hated for that matter. and if we are all discussing it and waiting for it to happen, wouldnt it be extreemly stupid for them to stage one?

I dont know, im just thinking out loud. does anyone else think about this sort of thing and go "how the hell do they expect to pull anything off with an ounce of crediblity after all that has happened?" Again this is just me thinking out loud, but it almost seems like if they are going to allow something to happen or stage something, it would be smarter to let the american people vote for a new adminstration and once they feel like they finally got someone in they can trust, use the new adminstration to their advantage. so to me, if i were to make any sort of prediction, (which im no psychic) i would say that nothing will probably happen until after the next elections. just like what happened the first time. clinton was out and bush was in and bam

any comments or opinons would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
DigitalGrl, I like your posts. Always very engaging. You bring up some very good points. The very idea that Bush is being so heavily scrutinized right now certainly does curtail his ability to pull off anything "slick willy" style.

However one thing to consider is the polarizing effects that a major attack has on the general populace. Recall, even after all of the outrage of the election, Bush's numbers shot in to the mid 70's after 911. This was completely and exclusively due to the fact that when the country is scared they inherently turn to their leaders, often unconditionally, to look for safety and leadership.

I do grant that this time is different because we are watching him through the "filter of terror", so to speak, and that people now have processed the events of 911 and know what to look for in terms of what links the government might possibly have to the attack. I also grant the idea that, god forbid, multiple nuclear devices were to go off simultaneously in cities across the US, the panic and fear would be so tremendous that people, on the whole, might forget about their previous trepidations and immediately cling to the government for help and guidance.

There is also something I have considered that doesn't seem to add up.

If the Bush admin is truly somehow behind 911, either in its planning and execution or simply "letting it happen", then there is something that DOES NOT follow in the logic that they would allow it to happen again. That "something" is the tremendous impact on the economy that 911 had, and by impact I mean to say almost taking it down.

You can argue a lot of things about the Bush White House, but one thing I think most can agree upon is the fact that this white house has been the most "corporate" white house we have seen. That being said, if part of their Power Goal is to lend support to Corporate America capitalism, then doesn't it follow logically that another attack would be COUNTER PRODUCTIVE to their agenda?

think about it. If multiple nukes went off across the country (at worst) or even if there were just a few random car bombings on US soil, I would assert that the damage to the economy would be so great on account of the fact that people wouldn't leave their homes. And if people don't leave their homes, then they are not SPENDING MONEY.

I am almost beginning to feel safer because i know that money is such a driving factor for the white house that it would be in their BEST INTEREST to NOT let another attack happen. 911 served its purpose in the sense that it gave the Bush admin a free pass to load the ME with as many troops as possible. That was the goal. Now that we have such a presence over there, they have what they want and now can start false flags and panic in that region so as to grab the power and money over there.

Just a thought...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This is really interesting and Digital Girl makes some great points about how the White House is basically a corporate owned interest. I think most of us agree that there will be some type of attack that is going to help further the agenda of the elite. I agree that anything that happens here in this country would be put under a microscope 10x what 9-11 was, making it very challenging to pull off another false flag attack on US Soil. But, what if something is very big is staged in ME to take out a lot of US Military and the blame shifted on Syria or Iran.
The stock market has been very shifty over the last month, and another major US conflict might be what the Dr. ordered to get it back on track.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I look at this situation kinda like a prosecutor would look at a suspect, but without any hard evidence to charge him on. It's like you know the guy did it, but you can't prove it in court... and you know he's going to do it again. What can ya do?

Perhaps the gov knowingly passed the point of no return because what happens next won't matter whether or not the populace supports it. I can only imagine.

The US is almost a full-blown military state. All we need now is for something to blow up before the next election. Then we'll have troops in the streets/schools/malls etc. They continue to use our desire for security against us. Security over freedom seems to be the theme of this administration. Eventually it's going to go too far. They're taking babysteps now, but once the effects are felt by everyone #'s gonna hit the fan.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel

The US is almost a full-blown military state. All we need now is for something to blow up before the next election. Then we'll have troops in the streets/schools/malls etc. They continue to use our desire for security against us.

I am not sure things are THAT bad. While I admit that things have certainly been questionable, we do not live in a full blown police state. You can still move freely from state to state, you still can choose what to do, what to buy, where to live. You are allowed to say what you want. It could be A LOT worse.

Some things must be conceded for the better of the common good. We all have to give up some things so as to maintain some semblance of order. For example, I FORFEIT my right to drive through a red light with the knowledge that others must do the same in order to keep me from getting killed. There is no doubt, however, that it is all of our civic duty to stay alert to what is going on and be prudent with the rights we forfeit in the name of security.

The point I am trying to make is that all of the negative associations that we have with Bush stem from the fact that he is perceived as a corporate war monger and that all he is interested in is power and profit. Another attack would be counter intuitive to that. They would actually LOSE money and pwer in the long run as it would tarnish the Bush admin's image as "protectors" of the US against any attack since 911.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It is a known rule of empire that when conditions are improved upon, the populace, if oppressed, revolts in more numbers and with greater freaquency. This as opposed to not improving conditions, which makes for general compliance. If our gorervnment was to come out and show all evidence they have pretaining to 911 because they want to improve the public oppinion,we the people, would have a clean of house. This as well as a valid excuse to reform governemnt up to its highest tiers. This is why it is never going to be explained and adressed, not formally anyways. This air of untouchablility is then created where anything becomes posible. To do it three times, I see, would be for it to be well done 3 times. They can do this again, and most likely will being that we have done before....it works.

Look at the destruction of the USS MAINE(25 January 1898), of the coast of cuba. It is rummered we used this as an excuse to attack spain and take its remaining coloninies. What is note worthy is that

"Ever since this catastrophe, there has been a mystery about what sank the ship. At first, it seemed that the ship had been attacked, either by gunfire or a mine in the harbor. Once it was determined that it had been a magazine explosion which actually destroyed the ship, the question remained of what caused the magazine to explode."

www.spanamwar.com...

this is not the first time and will not be the last.

[edit on 14-8-2007 by newyorkee]

[edit on 14-8-2007 by newyorkee]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Very good points made by everyone.

TRUTHWITHIN: you articulate very well many of the things i was thinking about. and also bring up some very interesting points.

the comment you made about actually feeling safer is something that i have come across as well...although not to the point of completely letting my guard down as im sure you still maintain as well.

i say i share in this feeling because of some of the reasons you listed which also bring me to this possibility.

Many people have speculated that 911 and the outcome of us going into IRAQ would have happened the way it did regardless of who the president is. It has been suggested that the whole "plan" came from power much larger than the executive office,and the president is just a puppet to carry out the orders. again im not a government insider so im just presenting some things that have been said and presenting a hypothetical. So if this scenario is true, and president bush was picked because they felt he would be the safest bet for various reasons then we can assume that if something else is being planned the same rules or frame of mind applies.

So could it be possible under this scenario if this is the way things truly are that because president bush and this administration have had their reps run into the ground that nothing will happen. instead the american people are presented with another election. an election where we feel powerful and hopeful to bring about change. and whoever gets elected has more of our trust, our hope, and less of our scrutinay. then just like what happened when the president got into office after clinton, BAM something goes down early on. and we are fooled all over again? this time the newly elected talks of bringing us to the place we should have been fighting in all along...IRAN. which would technically mean we are "safe" until bush leaves.
again, i dont know completely 100% if 911 was an inside job. there is certainly compelling evidence. but the above scenario is something i have considered as a possibility.

what do you guys think?

Kind Regards,
Digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
To me it is helpful to try and see and end point or a super objective, if you will, to see how we can work our way backwards to the source.

After WWII there seemed to be a collective understanding among the superpowers as to where and how the power would shift. The general consensus seemed to be that oil was the where the true power existed. This is a truly valuable, neccesary resource, unlike gold and silver (while it looks great on a necklace it really has little inherent value), that can be quantified and sold to the highest bidder.

That being said, if we assume oil is the super objective that this is all about, the it is logical that a major focus since the war has been realigning the middle east. I am working out all of this kinks in this, but it does seem strange that Prescott Bush almost succeeded in tearing down democracy in the US to install a system of fascism akin to Hitler in WWII, was never punished...in fact his son GH Bush was put in charge of some of our government's most intimate and secret knowledge, only to become the LEADER of the country's government that his father tried to overthrow. On top of that -GH's son, as we all well know, took over the job some 8 years later. I'm sorry, but if this is a coincidence, then it sure is one for the books.

So that brings us to the present. 911 to me was just one big excuse to get 200000 of our troops, armed to the teeth, into the region.

Please visit my thread:Failure is Relative for my views on what is going on in Iraq right now.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There is no way now as there was no way on 9/11 to stage a large scale terror attack and get way with it. It is impossible. If the US tried to kill Kennedy today it would not work. There would be TOO much footage.

Sonehow, however, even with the videos of the planes hitting the towers, people still think it was the government that they claim is incompetant that pulled it off. That is like stating a mentally challenged man has a shot at Mensa. There is no logic behind it.

Did the government drop the ball on intel and interdepartmental communications? Yes.
Did the government not take the threat serious enough? Yes
Did GWB II sign off on the 9/11 attacks to occur? I want to know why, because a year from now all the Bush is king garbage will be put to rest.

I feel that there is no way that they can pull anything off with as much scrutiny that they are under. Impossbile.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You bring up a good subject. I heard from sources that something will happen some day. I read here on ATS, that things will happen. While I do read and try to filter the good and the bad through all the lines of verbal I do see that if it is going to happen then it will. There are people in this government (USA) who are true to its fountaion. So, knowing this and knowing what people tend to think and say I can say that if the Government did try to do something that we all think, and have done in the past, we find the persons who are in the military who would and should stand up and do the right thing. They are and will aways be there. Doing whats right is what is required. Now our representives in congrees and sentate and in our legal system have to do what is right. Not what the NSA or CFR says. Do the right thing. As we have read on ATS and other web sites that this president an past ones use the minds of globalist from the CFR to further there agenda. From what I have learned and from what others know I can ony make a quess. But I will not bet on it, cause we fail at times to follow the money.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
There is no way now as there was no way on 9/11 to stage a large scale terror attack and get way with it. It is impossible. If the US tried to kill Kennedy today it would not work. There would be TOO much footage.

I have read of some's beliefs that the mainstream media is bought and paid for. Does anyone else have any enlightenment on that?

[edit on 8/28/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
I am not sure things are THAT bad. While I admit that things have certainly been questionable, we do not live in a full blown police state. You can still move freely from state to state, you still can choose what to do, what to buy, where to live. You are allowed to say what you want. It could be A LOT worse.

Some things must be conceded for the better of the common good....

The point I am trying to make is that all of the negative associations that we have with Bush stem from the fact that he is perceived as a corporate war monger and that all he is interested in is power and profit. Another attack would be counter intuitive to that. They would actually LOSE money and pwer in the long run as it would tarnish the Bush admin's image as "protectors" of the US against any attack since 911.

TW I think I fundamentally disagree with you on the first part of your post, but I love the way think.

As for the rest of it, allow me to submit this idea............

The US has another false flag operation, Bush then activates Presidential Directive 51 and declares Martial Law and suspends elections (which can all be done without Congressional approval since PD 51, The Patriot Act and Patriot Act 2) and the USA moves into a complete dictatorship. At that point, he who holds the power makes your choices for you all the way down to what products you can and can not buy. With your options now limited, do you not control who earns the profits? So by eliminating any competition for the consumer, how do you lose money? I would think if anything you limit the people's options and now you make all the money. There is no loss of power at this point, your in a dictatorship now. Why would I care what the people think at this point? It's too late. Your window of opportunity to make a difference has now passed. Now if you disagree, protest or do anything I do not like I will just send you to one of numerous prisons or possibly a FEMA camp.

If you read PD 51 and everything else, all it takes is one "catastrophic event". Once you have it, the above scenario is very possible and at the time that we have another "catastrophic event" it's too late. How the people feel or what they think about it will make no difference at all and they will either "get with the program" or you will disappear.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

Sonehow, however, even with the videos of the planes hitting the towers, people still think it was the government that they claim is incompetant that pulled it off. That is like stating a mentally challenged man has a shot at Mensa. There is no logic behind it.

Did the government drop the ball on intel and interdepartmental communications? Yes.
Did the government not take the threat serious enough? Yes
Did GWB II sign off on the 9/11 attacks to occur? I want to know why, because a year from now all the Bush is king garbage will be put to rest.

I feel that there is no way that they can pull anything off with as much scrutiny that they are under. Impossbile.

if you think it's impossible, than you have lots to learn.
it doesnt matter how much footage is out there, as long as people believe everything the media tells them than what good is footage when it is based on lies.

Impossible.. huh??

what about the penatgon on 9/11... you actually believe it was hit by a Boeing 757?? If a plane did hit it, than it's the first plane that we have that flies without wings. Because if a plane did hit the pentagon it would leave obvious indentions of wings from the plane.
but no... we get a plane that crashed into the Pentagon that made a hole.

cmon man... how can u say it's impossible to get away with it?????

They already did!

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
They would have no problem pulling off another 911 deal. The vast majority of Americans do not question anything they see on TV. If the media says it happened that way, then by God that's the way it happened. They are not worried about a handful of conspiracy theorists who have seen through the media BS. They could always be labeled as terrorists and rounded up, possibly by their own neighbors, in the name of national security.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Many of the people that elected Bush are hardcore absolutists - There is a God, if you question that you're WRONG. Gay marriage is WRONG. blah blah blah blah... on and on. They elected Bush because Bush never changes his mind on anything. He's the anti-Einstein: "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them".

So much of the thinking is done in black and white that once their mind is made on an issue - THAT'S IT.

To these people, conspiracy theories are just that: NUTCASE theories for Liberal, tree-hugging hippies who smoke pot. Or they're Nazis or whatever other insult spews from O'Reilly's mouth. What else can you believe when your only source is FOX?

The government doesn't care about shutting anyone up - the people that needed to believe 9/11 believed it that's all they wanted. There are so many different theories out there now that the only consistantly recurring conclusion is that it probably wasn't 19 guys with box-cutters. We don't know who it was and we can't prove anything beyond a shadow of a doubt.

If the government started shutting people up - it would only give the theories attention.

Prepackaged news: www.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Angry Danish]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
A lot of interesting points of view.

If you think about it ... even if they did do it, they wouldn't care too much about the videos if they are telling the wrong truth ... that is, they have the wrong procedure to how it happened, so they are not worried about the 'theory'. If something close to the real truth became highly publicized, they may sweat a bit more.

Assuming that another attack wouldn't be done because of money misleads you ... resources equal power and control ... money is just what they use right now. If they control all the sources of clean water and food, energy and fuel ... then they have all the power without money being involved. There is a problem with that though ... if you only have a few morons controlling the resources, eventually all the peons that do the work getting those resources wise up and take controllers out of the equation.

To think that our government is not capable of an attack, in plain sight is a bit much. They have done it before and gotten away with it. It is easier to do it in such a way that it would make people doubt it is possible to get away with it! Creating natural doubt is a great tool, mix in a little propaganda and media control, you have the majority of the populace eating out of the palm of your hand ... for they are too consumed with their daily life to really pay attention, question, or research anything, it is easier to be spoon fed what you expect to hear and pay as little attention as possible.

Now, if you think about it, it would be intelligent of them to make you think they are incompetent. Hey, look at us, we didn't pay attention to the signs, we ignored the memos, we can't even take care of hurricane victims, 'me two dum too dew sum thing on that scale' ... It would be a 'mensa' logistical move to play the mentally handicapped role to your 'enemy'. Our military has dumbed down and lowered it equipment ratings and still do for retired and declassified aircraft (SR-41 as an example). It would make sense to play dumb if you did something extraordinary (though tragic) and wanted to make people believe on their own you couldn't do it (works a lot better than denial). I have played this card for years with people. I use to always dumb-down myself to others for my own inter-personal tactical advantage (protect myself from getting hurt, people who take advantage of others slip up more when you play dumb vs. showing your intellect). If they did do it, they are acting the part I would expect them to play. Remember, espionage, even against its own people is played like a game of chess ... sacrificing pawns and making your 'enemies' underestimate your abilities.

With the people thinking Bush is a moron, another move could still be made, and, it would be hard for a lot of people to accept that they had something to do with it. People want to have faith in their fellow american, and moreso into these politicians that are treated like something more than OUR employees. A lot of people here may see a truth, but the average joe trying to make rent and utilities with two jobs doesn't have time to get upset and concerned, so mr. joe opens his mouth for the spoon.

I think a drawback to their plan was them being exposed as liars ... they got caught in scandals, and people are more aware at how evil some of them are, even though they aren't willing to kick them out of office. The complacency of america dictates to let them finish their term and get some new people in there to be disgusted with for 4-8 years. I think knowing how crooked Cheney and his minions are, and starting to see Bush as a puppet, will send up some major red flags to more people than the 9-11 attack did ... maybe enough to talk about it and get a majority of the rest of the people to understand.

It takes all kinds to explain things to all kinds ... this is why the message hasn't gotten out ... we have been mixed in our messages, and most of us don't communicate slowly, start from the level of the listener, and move up from there as it sinks in ... a lot of us throw out fact, figures, theories ... it needs to start out smaller and with something clear and tangible.

We need people keeping their eyes peeled for odd things and reporting them here. If they try to stage something again, there should be signs. There were signs last time, but there was no precedent ... so those signs were ignored. Now we have an idea, and can use our brains to extrapolate past the box we think in to see what may happen, warn, prepare, and hope to prevent. This goes for staged or real ... either way, WE THE PEOPLE have all the power to stop it, or at least minimize the effects. Remember, the government, the military, the police, the rescue and EMT ... these are all PEOPLE ... they are not special, other than serving us for our benefit. If we work together as citizens, we are more powerful than any organization could be, with more resources, more combined intellect, and more power than we imagine.

Staged terror attack? Sure, it has worked for many people with tyrannical wet dreams to motivate their people to war and submission. It has worked several times in american history, and in most other power hungry or superiority-complexed nations.

We, the people of Earth, are all equal. Skin, blood, bones, muscle. See past the divisions they teach us, and past our differences. If there is no boogie man to have you focus on, then we can work for a better future for all regardless of origin.

I hope no attack happens, I would hope it wouldn't be the people we 'hired' if it does, I would hope if it does happen, we unite as humans and settle our differences once and for all ... eliminating the cause of the hate and violence, instead of patching the effects. Sorry to carry on so much.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Of course there will be another false flag terror attack, and of course they will get away with it. They’ve completely gotten away with 911, and have used it to accomplish all of their plans. All of the legal framework necessary for absolute government control is in place. The next ‘attack’ doesn’t even need to be convincing, (not that it’s hard to convince the lemming masses) all they need is a pretext to implement the draconian legislation, and their goal is accomplished. There may be some surprises in store as to how this all works out, but what’s predictable is the total elimination of individual rights.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Every one is starting at Bush, expecting another attack. So if there is another attack when every one is looking at him, they saw nothing, so it wasnt him. Kinda like a double bluff.

Take Care, Vix

top topics

join