It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karl Rove To Resign

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Karl Rove To Resign

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Karl Rove, U.S. President George W. Bush's senior political adviser, is to resign at the end of August, according to a newspaper interview published Monday.

Rove, who has held a top position in the White House since Bush took office in 2001, told the Wall Street Journal he would stand down on August 31.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
He has been called "Bush's Brain". There is no question that he had a very sharp political mind. He will return to Texas for the next chapter of his life.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

He has been called "Bush's Brain". There is no question that he had a very sharp political mind.

Just a thought, the above comment kind of contradicts itself does'nt it? He had a sharp political mind yet was called "Bush's brain"

Not exactly a claim to fame, being responsible for some of Bush's little gems.

CX.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Just a thought, the above comment kind of contradicts itself does'nt it? He had a sharp political mind yet was called "Bush's brain"

CX.

If you get the opportunity, watch the documentary by the same name. You will discover that it refers to engineering elections more than anything else. He didn't exactly tell Bush what to have for breakfast every day.

Hey grover - why don't you tell us how you really feel about the man?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
the republicans need him elsewhere....like....digging up enough support for their presidential candidates, which will probably be more challenging than being "Bush's Brain"..
I do sincerely wish him luck.....He'll need it.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Drive a wooden stake in his heart then cut it out and burn it.... cut his head off and stuff his mouth with garlic then sprinkle his body with holy water, shoot it with a sliver bullet and expose the remains to sunlight.

I take it you're not a Karl Rove fan, then?

Love him or loath him he's certainly had a major impact on American politics since the 2000 election - the US answer to Alastair Campbell. Hasn't been a very good year for Bush. September should be interesting with the report on Iraq from General Petraeus... we'll see how that one goes.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Drive a wooden stake in his heart then cut it out and burn it.... cut his head off and stuff his mouth with garlic then sprinkle his body with holy water, shoot it with a sliver bullet and expose the remains to sunlight.

Ha ha ha! Good one Grover!

This is surprising yet pleasing news, yet i wonder why Porky Pig would resign.
Do i smell a rat at this stage of the game?
I'm not sure what's going on.

Confused in Cape Cod-

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
He will eventually join his mentor Lee Atwater in one of the lower rings of hell.

I really don't care so much about the man Karl Rove so much as what he and his type have done to the political discourse in this country.... it has effectively removed all serious discussion of the real issues in favor of character assassination.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
IMO assuming that the report is correct Karl will be making a tactical move . With the sun setting on the Bush admin Karl could make a bigger contribution to the Republican party by acting as an advisor to one the party's 2008 candidates. Look for the candidates to enter something of a race to recruit Karl. No doubt Karl will look to engineer a greater upset at polls then Truman come back in 1948.

CX

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by CX

CX.

If you get the opportunity, watch the documentary by the same name. You will discover that it refers to engineering elections more than anything else. He didn't exactly tell Bush what to have for breakfast every day.

Ah i see......so who does that then?

CX.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I don't know whether to be more elated or concerned at the loss of America's own version of Joseph Goebbels.

Elated, certainly, because this loathsome excuse for what passes for a human being on Capital Hill might now have a little less opportunity to undermine the democratic system of actually ELECTING our officials, instead of BUYING their positions from Diebold.

Concerned, because now he is free to wreak havoc elsewhere, with much less spotlight upon his foul deeds. My guess is that he will very soon move to Dubai under the protection and employment of Halliburton.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   

So you also looked into the magic mirror and saw no reflection? Does such "hate" keep you warm at night? Or just send you running to the toilet with several rolls of tissue?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
Concerned, because now he is free to wreak havoc elsewhere, with much less spotlight upon his foul deeds. My guess is that he will very soon move to Dubai under the protection and employment of Halliburton.

They will all be headed there so they can't be prosecuted in an American court!

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by astmonster

So you also looked into the magic mirror and saw no reflection? Does such "hate" keep you warm at night? Or just send you running to the toilet with several rolls of tissue?

It is inconsistent with his signature, isn't it?

"Without compassion we are no better than our prejudices."

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

CX.

Without the ingenious propaganda and political maneuvering, do you really think Bush would've been able to get where he is, have done what he did and still be president this day?

Imho Bush's personality and "intelligence" is actually a vital part of this charade and without it this entire transformation of the USofA wouldn't have been possible.

Because he is how he is, people don't believe that what is happening will have the ramifications it WILL have, people don't believe that "Bush's" motives could be anything but accidental or naivety.

But they see Bush as Mister President and not as the puppet he really is. Its the people behind him and his masters in the shadows that are playing the game and hes one of the pawns.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Oh I just love it when you right wingers claim that just because those of us who do not like this administration or its tactics are full of hate. Hasn't ever occured to you that hate has nothing to do with it; we are, like you, motivated by love and concern for our country but that we feel that we are heading in the wrong direction.

I don't hate Karl Rove or bush minor for that matter.... I hate the wrong I feel that they have done to this country as in my right as a concerned and voting citizen who has already served honorably earning that right to speak my mind.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I am like all of us Josbecky, full of contradictions. Besides all that I meant it more in humor than anything else but I will be happy to see the great white worm go.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Rove is the one "civilian" of the bunch. He is not so well protected as the others. He has a subpoena agaisnt him, which he can fight. To do that, he's got to leave the White House and get behind a lawyer shield. It's likely that Congress won't get to him until the next calendar year (2008).

With 4+ months behind him, he can plead the 5th and claim faulty memory. "I can't remember. You'll have to check the official record on that." Expect him to obfuscate in much the same way Gonzales has if and when they get him back on Capitol Hill and under oath.

If he lives up to his hype "M.C. Rove" has already planned his escape. Official records have been cleansed, and cover stories put in place. He knowswhat happened to Scooter. He won't let that happen to him.

I'm willing to acknowledge Rove's political skill. He has earned his pay. Having said that, I do think he over-stepped the professional boundaries of a person in his position. He's done a lot of questionable things that I myself may have done, as a dark master of American politics.

There are a lot of questions that need to be answered about the '04 elections and other matters. My suspicion is that if he didn't actually break the law, he bent it severely. His behavior demonstrates the need for reform.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I would be terribly mortified if anyone took my suggestion as to what to do with Karl Rove seriously. If I offended anyone, I apologize, It was in all honesty meant as humor. Hell we don't even treat vampires that way anymore.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by grover]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join