It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Strange is happening in the Outer Reaches of our Solar System.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I think it's simple but then I'm very tired, so please take that into account:

Our solar system is in a relatively empty piece of realestate.
With no other gravity source like a solar system near to equal things out, the further pionier gets from the solar system the more the collective solar system will act like 1 source of gravity, pulling on pionier, slowing it down.
Unless it breaks free before a certain point it will be recaptured by the solar system.

[edit on 18/8/2007 by David2012]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
many option on this, gravitational field are the most likely

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
My first thought on this was that it had something to do with the Sun, as well. One of the articles already linked mentions that all known phenomena regarding the Sun have been ruled out, though.

Traditional science continues to ignore the electric universe
model.

It's the best fit yet considering current knowledge and I agree with Squiz.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by chunder]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Interesting thread. This is something I have not heard about, and considering it has been a mystery since the 80’s and is not too well known makes it a very well kept secret up till now for whatever reason. Sorry, but the conspiracy half of my brain is wondering why.

Originally posted by Direwolf
One of the things was a theory of gravitational force where a gravity wave or graviton is expelled from the sun in a manner like photons. The wave runs out until it hits the gravity wave from another celestial body. Then it starts to behave not unlike a ripple in a pool, rebounding back onto itself and forming resonance zones as the frequencies mesh. These zones are where the planets orbit.

This sounds similar to what I have been contemplating what causes the spiral arms in our galaxy. If space and gravity is constant then why do stars gather into spiral arms? This question keeps coming up as I learn more about galaxy formation and how black holes exist at the heart of galaxies. One thing that I’ve learned is that gravity can’t be constant with distance. There must be ripples in the great pond of space.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Gravity alone cannot account for the spiral structures or the filamentary structures, in fact gravity can explain very little of what's observed. The model requires invisible mythical forces such as dark matter and black holes, both of which have absolutely no bearing in reality and zilch as far as evidence goes. Electromagnetism and plasma effects can easily account for the misinterpretations of these effects.

This event again proves gravity is not the dominating force, in my opinion gravity is another manifestation of electrical effects. Gravity cannot be used as an excuse here. Newtons equations are accurate, this is how they can land probes on mars etc... but they cannot explain what is happening here, but the electric model can, I don't like to use computer simulations as evidence but you can see a simulation of a spiral galaxy here
This is based on plasma physics no darkmatter or black holes required.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It seems we are experiencing an effect of humans having an inability to pierce the Stupid Field around our little solar system. Our science is a young addition to our awareness, just a few thousands of years of written thought. This is good news. It means we have something to learn, and with persistence and the clicking minds of the sharp regular people that hab this site all have good ideas, but represent the best of the species and our ability to learn. It is just a matter of time and we will understand. That is inevitable, and is determined by our persistence and creative as well as a fearless ability to challenge the current paradigms.

Although it would be great if another intelligent species could tell us the answers, if we do not challenge these ourselves we will miss the wonderful process of discovery where by we find dense information and understanding on the way to the answers. In the discovery of all major inventions, there where new ideas that emerged in process. It's the journey too.

This might find a new understanding of temporal physics and gravitation, or give us density information for diffuse matter in the Ort cloud, or the effects of gravity on radio waves. Whatever it is, it will open new doors and give us more interesting questions to keep us in an evolutionary trajectory out of ignorance and self destructive semi-intelligence.

The tiny abborance is not insignificant. Even a bit off as this is means we do not understand something. Could be a small effect that leads to a new understanding, or something in the way we perceive through our instrumentation. Even could be a silly mistake or broken device somewhere in the pipeline. Even if a mistake, we learn. It is all up in the air (so to speak).

Expect our awareness to understand eventually. Great thinkers here.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
WEll i believe i have a simple solution. The spacecraft is hitting more dust/water vapour particles and are getting slowed down...

I could buy dust... that would still beg the question... From what? Most comets and other masses don't afford dust, as it coalesces into larger bodies. So dust would have to be from a recent event.

Water vapour follows this same logic.

Your answer isn't quite as simple as you might believe.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
reply to post by Hal9000

Gravity alone cannot account for the spiral structures or the filamentary structures, in fact gravity can explain very little of what's observed. The model requires invisible mythical forces such as dark matter and black holes, both of which have absolutely no bearing in reality and zilch as far as evidence goes. Electromagnetism and plasma effects can easily account for the misinterpretations of these effects.

This event again proves gravity is not the dominating force, in my opinion gravity is another manifestation of electrical effects. Gravity cannot be used as an excuse here. Newtons equations are accurate, this is how they can land probes on mars etc... but they cannot explain what is happening here, but the electric model can, I don't like to use computer simulations as evidence but you can see a simulation of a spiral galaxy here
This is based on plasma physics no darkmatter or black holes required.

Newtons laws are not so much "Accurate" as they are "Viable". When you get to the sub-atomic level, which I might add is a term only relative to our perception, Newton becomes so much more than inaccurate.

What we have with Newtons laws is a "Working Model" for our locality. Not Cosmic Gospel. Once we start to pierce the veil of our solar system, we might find forces never accounted for. It is likely to be that the laws of physics change just as much when you look at things from an super-solar perspective as they do when you look at things from a sub-atomic perspective.

"When you look around, you believe things to be as they appear but, when you look deeper, you'll find things to be just as different as when you take a few steps back."

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Quazga]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
What if the universe is also moving, wouldn't that also effect our space
flight?

Moving relative to what? The aether? Could be...

Sorry if this comes across as a "one-liner" but I wanted to ask the question. Don't have much more to add.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Didnt you hear-The world is flat!-and so is our understanding of anything,our science is based off what we think we know-and we dont know squat about the cosmos-----we are no diffrent than when they all believed world was flat and youd fall off the edge if you went to far---we only believe in a slightly diffrent version of science as we understand it now--or maybe our solar system is flat--hmmmmmm-----intresting

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I understand that that they will be reflying the mission on paper. The palnetary society was funded last year. 2006 and we don't have an answer. Does that mean they are getting funded again this year ..
It seems to me the money is accelerating in direct proportion to the gravitational pull of the questions. I understand even the European Space agency wants a mission.I am not a rocket scientist but I would have thought that would have been done at the beginning. The other forums do not seem to be faring any better than here. So do not feel alone.

space new scientist

I did find this post elsewhere interesting which sounds much like Davids proposition

"
I've heard that it can be explained by a more massive-than-expected Kuiper Belt. Specifically, dust in the Kuiper Belt. If evenly distributed, the gravitational forces of the individual particles would cancel out and be unnoticable to any object that orbits interior to the Kuiper Belt. But once in the Kuiper Belt or outside the Kuiper Belt, their presence would be felt and would add to the mass of the solar system, slowing down any object in or external to the Kuiper Belt. If this were the case, you would also expect a more subtle slowing by any object that left the plane of the solar system. This is the case with the Ulysses spacecraft. It is experiencing slowdown as well, but not as much as the Pioneers. " by tony873004 Physics forums

SyS

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Sys_Config]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join