It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First bird flu death confirmed in Bali

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   

First bird flu death confirmed in Bali

A 29-year-old Indonesian woman died of bird flu at the weekend on the tourist resort island of Bali, the first human death there and the nation's 82nd confirmed fatality, a health official said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
So this woman and her 5 year old daughter have both died from the bird flu. The daughter died 1 month earlier. Now there is a 2 year old girl who has tested positive for the bird flu.They also said that there has been a huge amount of dead birds in Bali. So they are wondering if there is an outbreak of H5N1 avian influenza going on there. I myself, think that it is changing more and takes a while to show the symptoms of it. It makes me worry concidering the mild case of bird flu that occured on a farm in Nebraska w/ 54,000 turkey. What do you guys think? This happens to worry me.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
revisement: The daughter died last week.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Damn,
Bali?

Thats too close to home.

Here in Perth, its quicker and cheaper to fly to Bali, than it is to Brisbane.

Its only a hop skip and a jump from the Australian mainland.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Wow. You live that close to Bali?
They think it may be a possible outbreak so it makes me think is the virus changing even more?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
sodom
this is offtopic
@Agit8dChop

so you`re living in perth?
than you should know backpackers international.
i lived there for 3 months, 9 years ago....nice time, in the middle of northbridge...
my sister lives in freo.

ciao Agit8dChop

sodom

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Its only a hop skip and a jump from the Australian mainland.

Actaully your a birds flight away.
This is cool...Google Earth has a Bird Flu Tracker Here

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
AHh thumbs up Sodom, I u2u'd ya mate.

Perths still a jump dont get me wrong, I cant stand on my coast line and see it..

But think of the size of Australia... our location in the bottom left.. its closer to bali, than it is to Brisbane.

If Birdflu is activley killing people in Bali, Its not going to take long for Aussie to be dying from it.
We holiday there on a yearly basis.. its our top destination pretty much.

Come to think about it, this last month we've had half a dozen unexpected deaths related to influenza.

3 young childeren here in Perth ( the doctors couldnt explain it )
and 2 more today from the flu.

a month ago people were outraged the hosptial wouldnt release details on the childerens death...

related?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
www.thewest.com.au...

Health authorities are urging parents to be on alert following news that three young children died after contracting the flu in the past few days.

Pathology tests are being undertaken over the weekend to determine the exact cause of the deaths, but Health Department director of communicable disease control Paul Van Buynder suspected the children had died of secondary bacterial infections after their immune systems had been compromised by the flu virus.

www.news.com.au...

A FORMER soldier, 37, who survived two tours of East Timor has died after developing flu-like symptoms in the first sign the epidemic could kill adults.

Five Australian children have died from flu complications, including a four-year-old Queensland boy last week.

Narangba father-of-three Glen Kindness, 37, died less than three hours after he was taken to Blackwater Hospital on Tuesday.

Actually all over AUSSIE people are dying from the flu.

newsbreak.com.au...

HMMMMMMMM!

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I would suggest you do a serious readup on H5N1
practically all of those that died lived in very close proximity to their birds. In some cases actually in with them.
Thos that died in Turkey were seen to be actually playing with dead birds.

Change of subject.
Re Perth Is Pinnochios still going?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
www.thewest.com.au...

Health authorities are urging parents to be on alert following news that three young children died after contracting the flu in the past few days.

Pathology tests are being undertaken over the weekend to determine the exact cause of the deaths, but Health Department director of communicable disease control Paul Van Buynder suspected the children had died of secondary bacterial infections after their immune systems had been compromised by the flu virus.

www.news.com.au...

A FORMER soldier, 37, who survived two tours of East Timor has died after developing flu-like symptoms in the first sign the epidemic could kill adults.

Five Australian children have died from flu complications, including a four-year-old Queensland boy last week.

Narangba father-of-three Glen Kindness, 37, died less than three hours after he was taken to Blackwater Hospital on Tuesday.

Actually all over AUSSIE people are dying from the flu.

newsbreak.com.au...

HMMMMMMMM!

Wow.All these deaths seem rather suspeciously close.I bet its only time now until it mutates.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
[edit on (8/13/0707 by hachiban08]

top topics

join