It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I messed up.... bad...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Wow, here I write this post scared.
scared because I know any minute the managers going to ask me to join him for a chat.

I work for the government, a branch in Australia presently.
like most people I love the gym, and our building has this fantastic new facility, fully re done...

I usually get to work around 7, workout till 8, then hit the day.

But last week a memo was circulated

'' Any employee's who are NOT full-time permanent are restricted from using the gym actioned immediately ''

annoyed, i contacted my managers... i love the gym, im a full time 12month contractor...

'' thats fine sir.. you can join the social club, pay $5 per fortnight and use it that way ''

no problems, 5$ is cheap, and a few drinks with the social club now n then wont hurt.

so I see the social club

'' I wanna sign up please, to use the gym ''

'' sorry sir, we are not taking any more members ''

.... shocked.. I sat there, and thought....wow....

Im not allowed to use a gym, thats barely used... simply because the social club doesnt want another 'paying member'

So, I went to management.
and got the basic bs about liability, its the social clubs concern rah rah rah.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

So pizzed off, i wrote a letter to my news paper.

' the west australian '

detailing the hypocrisy within the Australian government.

they preach about obesity, healthy lifestyles etc etc.

A healthy worker is a good worker.

these were all comments I used to my managers TOO in detailing my side of the 'for' argument.

And upon opening todays paper, on the inside cover, in big letters is my letter.

holy crap, i think im about to be fired.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
holy crap, i think im about to be fired.

Is independent thought a punishable offense now then? The way you put it, I can't really see why they don't let you use it.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Expression no,
But i find they are very touchy on the contents of internal memo's being released to the public domain.

Especailly when it paints a very bright hypocritical stance about our government ' during an election year '

Ive only had 1 person come up to me thus far... but tommrow ill be expecting another internal to circulate.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Lodging your complaint

The HREOC would love to hear about this. There is also an email option in submitting complaints.

It is unlawful for any employer, large or small, to discriminate against you in employment if you are on probation, work part time or full time, are an apprentice or trainee, work as a casual or permanent employee or as a contract worker or a commission agent.

GO HERE

You have the right to make a complaint to the Commission if you think you have been

refused employment
dismissed
denied promotion, transfer or other benefits associated with employment
given less favourable terms or conditions of employment
denied equal access to training opportunities
harassed or bullied

Dept of Consumer and Employment Protection This would be your State equivalent to DL&I.

Labor Relations

Unlawful Dismissal

Don't accept less because you are a contractor. It is against the law for them to do this.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Thurisaz]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Thurisaz, thumbs up.
Im filling it out as we speak,

gotta love ATS!

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
So Agit8, were you fired?
I can't wait.
Or did they promote you to silence you because you are on to their evil intent to divide all the lowly part-timers from the appraised full-timers.
You've stepped into a conspiracy.

This is why we have Rant here on ATS, for us who can't keep our big mouths shut. It keeps us out of trouble.
Has probably saved me from a law suit or two.

This is tragically funny.
I would have reacted just as you have, I have zero tolerance to such ridiculuos display of poorly utilized authority.
I am the worst emplyoee, the most obstinate, ass stubborn, arrogant, person you can find. I would drive "my" officers nuts.
That is why I have started my own business, now I just argue with my self. Not as entertaining but safer.

Did they make an example of your bad behaviour?
So the other robots will step into line. I hope not.

The suspension is unbearable.

WIS

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
nothing yet, although a few colleagues have come up and nudged me, with a smile saying
'' These remind me of your comments ''

But the air is very thick with tension in my immediate circle, and the boss has been in 'unexpected' meetings all morning... so who's to know what will happen if anything?

Bottom line, deny deny deny...

anyways, here's the article:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
ah ha ha

That is fantastic!! Good on you for doing something about it.

lol I bet the air is thick at work. They can't do it so either way, someone will get in trouble and it won't be you!!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
So "arnie" what's happened? Everythings OK I hope? If not, you've got places to go with your issue. I'm hoping the Austrailian ones are a bit better at it than the ones here in the States...

Anyway...best of luck in your struggles against the Man.

new topics

top topics

join