It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and the truth and it's affects on the public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This is a post, hopefully to bring to decent discussion, if you want everyone can reply. I've been wondering lately about aliens and the truth and other truths and how bad it is in the world today from terrorism, stock market, and problems in my own life and each other's. I've always wondered about mr. friedman's view on if the truth of alien visitation did happen on earth and what it would do to the people of earth. But what does it matter, when every few generations the stock market hits a depression. And all the secrets the government keeps from the american public anyway. Sometimes i wonder if the truth would affect us all in a bad way, when things can happen badly even without the government saying we are visiting. Sometimes i think certain people say things as just blanket statements, does anyone else get that? I think this is all i have to say for now, thanks for reading.
. This isn't a post about me griping, it's a post about learning the truth, and the truth having an affect on each of us.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
the truth would affect us all in a different way, depending on your religion, beliefs, et c. and yeah, of course there are "blanket statements". people do this all the time, especially the government. using blanket statements keeps us from the truth, which keeps us away from extreme panic, which keeps the people in control happy and greedy, and that means that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. its like a big circle

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I understand, but i still wonder if the truth would still have an affect on us when some people have crappy lives. I wonder if it would affect them in a good way? That's the part of it i'm saying to.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
well i hate to use this example, but its the only one i can think of. its like hurricane katrina. the people of new orleans didnt have a very high quality of living before the hurricane. then the hurricane (the truth) hit, and it was disaterous, and things still arent fixed down there (thanks government). its just when you think that things cant get worse that they do. its just taking a bad situation and making it worse. i, for one, want to know the truth, and could handle myself. but it is the people that deny the truth that would cause problems, and its at this point that things start to get out of hand. this is just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
the truth is not terrorism and the truth is not the stock market. these are fabricated manifestations of the powers that be. what truth is, lies within. this is where even "they" can't touch. this is why "they" try to dull your senses with tv and such to keep your mind discursive. trust me, all you have to do is look within to see what truth really is. if you choose to play by their game, then you will lose when they choose for you to lose. however, if you play by your own rules, nothing can touch you.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
thanks for the reply guys, on the last note i'l make on this topic before in dying will be i wonder what's true true, like absolute truths. I wonder if transfmuting metals, invibility, holograms, faster then light travel etc will ever be possible and we will know the truth of if they are or not and wonder how wel'll take them. Including the "were not alone" think to. hmmmm
. I wasn't talking about the truth being the terrorism or the stock market, sometimes i feel those both are. But what i meant by that is with all the bad things in the world, would we really care if the truth was known. What it even make us bat an eye. Sorry, i can't explain to well. It's like someone that's plagued with homelessness, will the truth affect them when alot of problems they deal with are really bad.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by malakiem]

new topics

top topics

join