It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Few Un-PC Questions and Opinions. Just curious, as always.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
NOTE: This board will contain a number of "politically incorrect" questions and opinions. If this bothers you please don't waste your time here. I assure you that I am no evil bigot, I have the same inner thoughts as all of you and have never limited myself to exposure only amongst "my people".

I have a question and it's something that has bothered me for quite some time now.

What logic dictates that "whites" are the majority in the U.S. of A. and every other "race" is the minority? Wouldn't the logic of whites, blacks and hispanics being the majority in this country with say american indians being the minority?

How can there be so many "minorities" and only one "majority"? I don't know why, but this way of thinking just bugs me for some reason. Possibly it was my introduction to the Affirmative Action debate that got me thinking this way.

Don't get me wrong, If I got to an interview as a white guy and a black guy is there too who is more qualified than me, he should DEFINITELY get the job. Same goes with school applications and everything else affirmative action applies to. However, affirmative action is, in my opinion, CRAP. When I say that it is crap, I'm of course talking about times when a less qualified "minority" is hired over someone more qualified just because of their race/gender. (this has happened with hispanics being hired over black guys too and I also disagree with that before some of you jump on the "he's a racist" bus).

Anyhew, back to the initial topic. Could someone please explain that issue to me. (and yea, I'm willing to listen, perhaps you could clarify it for me as I truly don't get the logic behind it).

----

Now, on to subject 2. In another thread around here someone made the statement that the reason for the high number of blacks in the prison system is because they are treated "unfairly" and this causes them to resort to crime. I'm sorry guys, but around here....that just doesn't hold water. Since the majority of the population where I am at is soon to be black people. (Actually, I take that back...they are a 61% majority here now) And since most of the prominent people in this town are black (and men I respect highly I might add).....Could someone explain how the "unfair treatment" argument could hold up here? Here the prison population is 77% black.

Is it at least "possible" that 48% of the nations prison population is black because black people are committing 48% of the crimes? At all? Maybe? Possibly? Some how?

The only people I see around here that get treated "unfairly" are Arabs. And it's the black guys here that treat them unfairly by loading them into freezers and shooting the whole family. (Has happened 4 times in the last 2 years).

Question/Point 3.

This question and point was actually put to me by my best friend in the world (who is a black guy, just so you know.) Why isn't there a White Entertainment Television? What about a Miss White America Pageant? White History Month?

Granted, there is NAAWP (National Association for the Advancement of White People)....HOWEVER, they are nothing more than a bunch of ex-klansman bigots like the NAACP. (minus the ex-klansman part add the ex-black panthers part)

I can see Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpeton now if there were a Miss White America Pageant tomorrow.

Could someone explain to me why a race of people that call for racial diversity has so many organizations, programs and other "groups" that are race specific? Pot? Kettle? Anyone?

Why is it not a hate crime for a black/hispanic/whatever guy to kill a white person? Or rape a white person????? Why?

Sorry guys, I'm not trying to be evil racist Jasn here. I'm honestly curious about these issues. Something about it just doesn't make sense to me. I know there have been some evil white mofos in the world that have done many an evil thing against non whites (American Indians anyone????)...but DAMN it's time to move the hell on. Everywhere I go, I see white and black couples. White and hispanic couples. White and black best friends. Fishing buddies. EVERYTHING. So why is the white man still everyone's a-hole?

Just curious.

Jasn

By the way, I'm White/American Indian. Just so you know.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
What logic dictates that "whites" are the majority in the U.S. of A. and every other "race" is the minority? Wouldn't the logic of whites, blacks and hispanics being the majority in this country with say american indians being the minority?

Caucasians are the majority because there are more Caucasians in the country
than there are blacks or any ethnicity, however if you lumped together blacks and
Hispanics as one, whites would become the minority.

In some places whites are the minority, but in the country as a whole they are the majority
simply because they outnumber all other ethnicities by themselves.

Anyhew, back to the initial topic. Could someone please explain that issue to me. (and yea, I'm willing to listen, perhaps you could clarify it for me as I truly don't get the logic behind it).

Personally I've always considered Affirmative Action as something that was suppose
to prevent racism, but when a Hispanic is hired before white or black or Asian because
of their ethnicity, and have the worst qualifications, I think that's what Affirmative
Action was meant to correct.

Is it at least "possible" that 48% of the nations prison population is black because black people are committing 48% of the crimes? At all? Maybe? Possibly? Some how?

I think that there are three real major problems here.

1. We make things crimes that should'nt be crimes.
2. We have unfair sentencing.
3. We've failed an entire group of people and several generations by letting inner
cities and ghettos get the way they are.

If we fixed those three things, I doubt that blacks would than make that much of
the prison system.

Why isn't there a White Entertainment Television?

There is, it's called CMT.

Ok, on a more serious note, I figure just because no one has ever felt like creating one,
I mean I don't watch BET very much, but I have seen white rappers on it before.

What about a Miss White America Pageant?

I was'nt aware there was a Miss Black America Pageant, that's sort of sad.

White History Month?

Well, basically history in general is white history, the only reason we have a Black History
Month is because historical black people and events have been left out of History books
and such for so long, while all the focus has/had been primarily on the achievements
and lives of White people.

Personally I think we should just create a single history including the historical
events and people of all peoples in America, not just one or two groups.

I can see Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpeton now if there were a Miss White America Pageant tomorrow.

I don't much like Al Sharpton.
Not because of his ethnicity obviously, but he's a pompous idiot who wants to censor
things and tries to make some Conservative ideologies into liberal ones.

Could someone explain to me why a race of people that call for racial diversity has so many organizations, programs and other "groups" that are race specific? Pot? Kettle? Anyone?

Because they're the largest minority,and have been used and taken advantage
of by the most people.

Why is it not a hate crime for a black/hispanic/whatever guy to kill a white person? Or rape a white person????? Why?

It should only be a hate crime if anyone attacks/kills someone else because of
their ethnicity, gender, religion, orientation etc.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Don't take the time and use the effort to look into things like this yourself, huh?

If you did, you would understand that whites are the "majority" because of 2 main reasons, based on 2 definitions of "majority." 1, whites are defined as such because overall, whites still represent the most numerous "race" in this country. There's more whites than anything else, basically. 2, whites control this country, and are thus the majority in that sense. They have the majority of power and control in this country, so to speak.

Of course, there's the criticism of this classification based on one of the definitions for "minority," which is less important. Though true in the minds of many, that's another issue altogether.

As far as why the prisons are filled with blacks, I have nothing to say to you on that. If you won't even at least entertain the idea that the "criminal justice" system is biased heavily against black people, there's no point in speaking on this one. This is an issue for reality, not fantasy land.

Your black friend seems pretty ignorant to me. All YOU, OP, have to do to find an answer for this question is take your remote control, flip through all your channels, and see how many shows/programs you see where black people are highly represented. Of course, even if you do this, you won't give me a straight answer; none of the whites I've asked to do this on this site can.

I have no idea what you mean about the pagent. Like Iori said, history is heavily white-washed, so there's no need for white history month (you have white history year, as it were).

As far as your beef with black-oriented organizations and such, just remember that these wouldn't exist if black people hadn't been screwed royally in this country since they helped build it.

As far as your perception that the white man is "everyone's asshole," I guess. Let's just say this is actually true. My guess would be stuff like Katrina, the US prison racial bias (whites are the majority in the country, minority in prison), US foreign policy (destabilize and terrorize non-whites in other countries), the fact that there are no 3rd world countries in Europe, etc., would explain it.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
"largest minority"....isn't that an oxymoron?

In regards to the comment that I wouldn't even entertain the notion that the justice system in this country was biased. That is NONSENSE. I know they are biased as I have been pulled over and searched many times because I have long hair and (formerly) chronic eye infections.

I don't know where you live and I don't care. However, as I said, the majority in my area IS blacks and the justice system here is also comprised of a majority of blacks. Yet, the prison population here is the same ratio as it is elsewhere. Could you explain that to me? Perhaps all of our influential blacks in this town are just a bunch of "Uncle Toms"?

Black people are no longer a "minority". Hispanic people are no longer a "minority". They are each one of the three main MAJORITIES in this country.

My problem with the arguments you guys both used are that they are nothing but excuses. And for you to make a comment that my black friend sounds ignorant that is just pathetic. He is nowhere near what one would call ignorant, he just chooses not to live the stereotype...you know, kind of like Chris Rock. "If you black, you get more respect coming out of jail than you do graduating school."

new topics

top topics

join