It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lafayette Lights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I lived in Lafayette, IN for about 2.5 years.. During that time I along with maybe hundreds witnessed these bright amber orbs. You can read several reports on

www.nuforc.org...

just look for Kokomo, Marion, Peru, Lafayette...A local sherrif said he called "Grissom AFB" and they were supposedly military flares. Here it is years later and even though Grissom is all but abandoned reports continue. Not sure Grisson is used for much anymore.

My wife and I witnessed these on several occasions. Although reports vary somewhat. There is never any sound..never any recognizable aircraft preceding the lights. So if they are tethered flares I don't know to what. They receded usually to N/NE direction times I saw them. Not usually at high rate of speed. Sometimes they would just blink in/blink out a few seconds.. OThers may stay illuminated the whole viewing session. Then what was strange they would blink back on but trailing location where they last illuminated from.

Yet another incident during broad daylight I saw what looked like a firework fall in silver streak..Then turn amber/orange. So far sounds like flare maybe.. Then it sped off at high rate of speed.

On another occasion returning from hunting(Salamonie Resivoir) I saw a large black triangle maybe 100-200 ft off the ground near Peru, In. It was almost dark - might have been stealth fighter..but still strange to be so low.

One well documented siting was I think Sherriff in Huntington, IN photographing

www.homestead.com...

Didn't know if any of this had been discussed on ATS so thought I'd bring it up

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I live in the Lafayette region. A few years ago (around the time this Iraq war started) in the East, towards Grissom AFB, I noticed lights in the night sky. They would run at each other from the North and South and sometimes one would turn and chase the other. Sometimes one would shoot out "fireballs", orange I think". I assumed these were jet fighters practicing dogfighting. My sister lives in the country and said she has seen this also including one light shooting a "laser beam" at another. Here is info on GARB. www.globalsecurity.org...

Have you moved far from Lafayette?
RR

[edit on 12-8-2007 by RudyRed]

[edit on 12-8-2007 by RudyRed]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I am in Ft Wayne area now. You know also there were these strange "booms" maybe sonic booms but not quite same. Did either you or your sister ever hear those? They were never to my knowledge at the time of the sitings though. I never saw any beams. But as for chasing each can agree with that statement..Any recent sitings?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I heard one sonic boom in the Spring or early Summer. It was heard over several counties. It was around 6:00 in the evening.The explanation was that it was a F-14, I think, with "permission" to break the barrier.

I talked with a buddy that works at Grissom. He says there are only tankers there. The fighters are based at Ft. Wayne, but they practice dogfighting over Carroll, Cass, and White counties. The orange flares are to distract heat seeking missiles.

When I see my sister again I'll ask about the beams. My buddy doesn't know about them. He did sayhe heard about a "Light" floating over Camden, IN and has seen it. I'll have to look for that.
RR

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
About 7 yrs ago (November) I was working night shift and got off work early and arrived home about 4am. I had not got the mail in a few days and was walking across the street to get my mail. I saw an Orange streak of light directly in front of me about 15 degrees above the horizon go straight to the ground. It was the first time that I actually thought I had seen a UFO of some sort. It was too difficult to tell exactly where it was because it was some distance away. I live in south central Indiana.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
RR,
F14s? Not sure why they'd(being more Navy plane) be around that area.. There are F16s I believe with Air guard outta Ft Wayne.. Yes typically flares can be used as decoys to fool heat seeking missiles. Another weird phenomenon in that area is the "hum" in the Kokomo area- not sure if it is still there. I have not met anyone who has seen the "amber lights" that thought they were flares..

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Might have been an F-16. But something makes me think the plane was based west of here. I'll try to find the news article.
RR

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Right on cue they are back again..heaviest activity is always end of March and April.

indianamufon.homestead.com...

BP

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I grew up about 10 miles from Grissom AFB always a good light show back then.Now for 5 years I work 11pmto 7am in Lafayette,drive 30 something miles to work, always looking but never really see anything worth noting or have a camera for .......deadcat

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Deadcats,
Keep an eye open. The times I saw them seemed more around dusk although I think I do remember one around 11. A couple points of interest to me from the link include the flashing lights after- that I saw two different times- one in broad daylight. The other was the mention of the triangular object...which I saw one similar very low when driving home in Lafayette from hunting in salamonie. To me it looked like stealth fighter but as I thought more about it.. it seemed too low and too slow for that. It was maybe only 100 ft going from N to S.
I may watch for clear night and drive over that way this week
BP

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Nice to know of so many fellow 'hoosier' ats-er's. I'm about 30 mi. south of indy, and sorry to say have had no sightings out of the usual here, just the normal traffic out the airport.

However, I have always been intrigued by the "lights" up north. How exciting that the activity is back. I've heard of the 'hum' in Kokomo and have been there quite often visiting family, but have never experienced it, but can't usually hear anything over my kids arguing. I will have my sister-in-law keep hers eyes peeled as she is an avid skywatcher in Macy just north of Peru at Niona Lake.

One incident that I thought was very interesting is the case of a Delphi security guard that experienced this on Jan. 24, '08. In addition to the sighting they experienced engine failure in their truck, interference on the cell phone and nitrogen and hallo alarms going off (I presume at the plant). There was an additional report just two minutes prior to this from someone coming out of Greentown heading towards Kokomo as well as 20 min. later by the security guard's mom.

Incident #1: 7:06 pm

Incident #2: 7:08 pm

Keep your eyes to the skies and please update with any further sightings.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
These latest sightings were just before the tie change so now prime viewing should be from 8-9 pm. It's getting warmer outside so maybe I'll spend some time looking.
RR

top topics

join