It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three killed in Neosho, Mo., church shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

NEOSHO, Mo. | A gunman opened fire in a Neosho church this afternoon, killing three people and wounding several others.

The call came in to police about 2 p.m. from the First Congregational Church near downtown, said Desiree Bridges, a spokeswoman for the city. An unknown number of people, but fewer than 10, were also shot and wounded, she said. The shooting took place in the church sanctuary, she said.

The shooter then held about 25 to 50 people hostage. Negotiations lasted about 10 minutes, while police were in the church basement, Bridges said.

Article

What goes through peoples minds when they do this? Sick. I know it's a disgusting act anywhere, but in a Church too? :shk:

edit...forgot the link...

[edit on 12/8/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You know, there was a time when anything bad happening in a church was unheard of. Heck even the tornadoes left the churches alone. Now days anything can happen.

Too bad no one in that church had a gun to defend the church body.

Roper

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Very sad indeed,.

I can never understand why a person can do this, I heard he may be realted to someone in the church,

My thougths are with the familys of the people killed in this,

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yeah Roper, things have really gone down hill.... have they not?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
That was in the article as well asala..

Bridges, however, said the suspect was related to someone in the church, but she would not elaborate

[edit on 12/8/2007 by enjoies05]

new topics

top topics

join