It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MONDAY 13 : Global Market Crash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Dump Your Stocks : US mortgage crisis had spread around the world (Bloodbath)

Panic on Wall Street spreads fears : The Titanic is Sinking.

US mortgage crisis had spread around the world.

MONDAY 13 (The Titanic Sinks)

FROM their position high in the Eurotower, the skyscraper headquarters of the European Central Bank in the heart of Frankfurt, staff keep an eagle eye on what is happening in the money markets around Europe. Ben Bernanke and Mervyn King knew well in advance, that the Cookie is Crumbling, and have long alerted their close cronies to sell their existing stocks, before the market crash. Central Banks from Uk, Franfort and Japan, had to fill in the 'vacuum' in order to stabalize the sinking titanic. Monday 13 will see Billions of Dollars, being wiped out of Global Markets. Traders have been be placed on suicide watch as the [stock] market is expected to bleed heavily.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites that supports the thread; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as it relates to the thread.

[edit on 12/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
How about this, I predict a modest rally on Monday. Okay, maybe this, the bears win on Monday, but it is no crash.

This is what, the ninth prediction of a crash in the last two months?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterRegal
How about this, I predict a modest rally on Monday. Okay, maybe this, the bears win on Monday, but it is no crash.

This is what, the ninth prediction of a crash in the last two months?

-------------------------
That is exactly what the Fools said about the Titanic, It's Un-Sinkable.

Monday 13 : Global Market Crash, WATCH this Space.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hey Chicken Little, got any weather reports to back up your claim that the sky is falling? A news report? A stock market report? A magazine article? Anything? At all? Would love to see your evidence so I can be better informed on how to handle my portfolio but haven't seen any yet. Please share so the rest of us can make informed decisions. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Fifth, I really wouldn't be suprised. A global financial collapse would set the stage nicely for a NWO coup. However, it would be really nice of you to post the information that brought you to this conclusion. Without it, this thread is kinda ...well... useless.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Hey Chicken Little, got any weather reports to back up your claim that the sky is falling? A news report? A stock market report? A magazine article? Anything? At all? Would love to see your evidence so I can be better informed on how to handle my portfolio but haven't seen any yet. Please share so the rest of us can make informed decisions. Thank you.

Whitewave check out my links on my thread! Most stocks are up today, go figure when you pour money into the system!

Financial Crisis Thread

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
5th you have committed ATS suicide. Your kind is common is these parts, they make groundless apocalyptic predictions and when they do not come to fruition they are laughed off the board.

Maybe, just maybe it's not too late and you can say you were wrong but when the markets close it will be too late to do that and your credibility will be gone.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
We will see. I've heard predictions from around three medium's predictions for august 13th, seems to be a popular date.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Atlantix]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fifth_Column

There were a bunch of people that predicted (wanted?) a big crash for last Monday... and a couple weeks before that... and a couple months before that... and... well, you get the picture.

While markets are still generally driven by fear and greed, they're much more robust than most people realize.

I predict Monday will see the DJIA up by about 140, after a morning dip. Watch this space.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fifth_Column

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I predict Monday will see the DJIA up by about 140, after a morning dip. Watch this space.

Alright, everybody place your bets! We've got two opposing projections from a member and from the CEO!
Won't this be exciting? Watch this space.

Everybody, dont really start placing yer bets. Not only could it be illegal if money is involved, it could also be considered thread hijacking!

[edit on 8/12/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Asian shares advance, overcoming volatile start

By V. Phani Kumar
Last Update: 9:22 PM ET Aug 12, 2007

HONG KONG (MarketWatch) -- Asian indexes advanced after a volatile start on Monday, with Japanese shares higher on automakers such as Honda Motor Co. and Toyota Motor Corp., while Australian stocks gained on financials such as National Australia Bank.

A sign of Monday in the US markets?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Looks like the odds are tilting in Bill's favor! Will the trend continue? When will we see the information that brought the OP to his projection? Stay tuned!
lol

[edit on 8/12/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I don't know guys, think the OP has a point, I don't mean that today will be D-day, but things are getting rocky.

Money feels like a bad place to keep your, well money. Its value is totally out of your control, its all based on abstract principles rather than something you can get your hands on, at least with gold you can lump some thevin monkey over the head with gold - wot u gon to do with a 'kiss your ass goodbye' note from the bank and the shirt your wearing? fish for compliments

ARagh! I'm buying some goats and a hut up a mountin somewhere, anyone welcome as long as you bring toilet roll ~ thats the new currency.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Most Asian Markets Spring Back From Last Week’s Plunge

SINGAPORE, Aug. 13 — If there is a crisis in global financial markets, it wasn’t apparent in Asia today.

After Friday’s slide in Asia, some of the region’s biggest markets sprang back today. They were helped by the slight recovery on Wall Street after the close of Asian markets late last Friday.

Australia’s benchmark index gained 1.3 percent and South Korea’s main index rose 1.6 percent.

So far, Monday, August 13th, 2007 is very far from anything that would indicate a crash will happen this day.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I think I'm going to revise my Monday prediction to a morning surge after the news from Asia and this latest domestic information...

July Retail Sales Rise 0.3 Percent

Sales at U.S. retailers rose a slightly more-than-expected 0.3 percent in July and they were even stronger once car and gasoline sales were stripped out, Commerce Department data showed on Monday.
So-called core retail sales, which exclude cars, gasoline and building materials, were up 0.6 percent from a 0.3 percent gain in June.
In fact, furniture and home furnishings sales rose 0.5 percent and building material and garden supplies were up 0.2 percent. Sales of clothing and accessories jumped 1.3 percent, while sales at food and beverage stores, health and personal care also advanced.

We'll see a surge after the morning bell, and a finish of over 220 in the DJIA.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
We'll see a surge after the morning bell, and a finish of over 220 in the DJIA.

if you nail this, I'm going to suggest www.abovewallstreet.com as our newest addition to the network.

we can give you a live stream video, you can scream about stocks, act like a buffoon and pump and bash and in the backroom, we'll be buying and selling and making a fortune.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
we can give you a live stream video, you can scream about stocks, act like a buffoon and pump and bash and in the backroom,

But then he'll have to change his screen name to "Ben Dunn".

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Hmmm...but who writes these reports? Surely not the very same people who's jobs rely on a healthy stock market? Right?
It's in the interests of their own self-presevation to put a nice, glowing coat of paint over the story. But I think the actual situation, as typified by reports coming in from around the world, flies completely in the face of these reports. National banks all over the planet are throwing billions into their economies trying to desperately avoid the 'Big One'.

It's a pretty serious situation for the boys on Wall Street, and they KNOW it
Even as they are trying to divert our attention by pulling cute little pink bunnies out of their hats with the other hand... ...I don't buy it though.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
But then he'll have to change his screen name to "Ben Dunn".

beats using his real name, Ben Dover.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Wall Street rebounds as credit worries ease

U.S. stocks gained Monday after Goldman Sachs Group Inc. reinforced one troubled hedge fund with additional capital and central banks funneled more cash into global financial systems, easing worries about a worldwide credit squeeze.

Better-than-expected retail sales also supported Wall Street's move higher, with investors drawing hope that consumers continue spending despite the troubled housing market.

Here's that early after-bell surge. No crash today.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join